or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 109

post #1621 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post
 

I haven't heard anything...but I would consider buying a second IE800 if they did nothing more than fix the ergonomics.

 

Why is the cable so short above the y-split? WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!

 

Agreed, I measured the cable above the y-split and it's only 10 inches!!!  My guess is that they really wanted to force people to wear these in the down position.  I can get them over my ear but just barely... wearing them over my ears does cut down on microphonics but it's not very comfortable.  If the cable were only 2 inches longer it's be perfect.

post #1622 of 6202

The length of the cable from splitter to in-ear is perfect for an around the ear fit for me when the cinch is fully out.

Do you guys have huge melons by any chance?

post #1623 of 6202

I can get it around my ears and it does work but another inch or two of slack would have been nice as I prefer to have a little wiggle room so it doesn't hit my chin so much... it just feels tighter around my face and chin than say the cable from the SE846's which is much longer and forgiving.

post #1624 of 6202

Sennheiser doesn't suggest to use,IE800's by over ear.Just in-ear like earbuds.

post #1625 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post
 

Sennheiser doesn't suggest to use,IE800's by over ear.Just in-ear like earbuds.

 

Right, but they can be used that way.  I actually don't typically wear them that way just mentioning that it's possible to do so if you choose.  The only benefit I've noticed is that microphonics are cut down a lot when you wear them over the ear.  Most of the time when I wear them I'm not moving around much anyway so I just wear them like normal in-ear earbuds like you said.

post #1626 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
 

 

Right, but they can be used that way.  I actually don't typically wear them that way just mentioning that it's possible to do so if you choose.  The only benefit I've noticed is that microphonics are cut down a lot when you wear them over the ear.  Most of the time when I wear them I'm not moving around much anyway so I just wear them like normal in-ear earbuds like you said.

It is comfortable like in-ear use with me.And one reason for not over-ear use:because;within a specified time,cable can be opening from Y split end.I think like this.

post #1627 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangfj View Post
 

I can get it around my ears and it does work but another inch or two of slack would have been nice as I prefer to have a little wiggle room so it doesn't hit my chin so much... it just feels tighter around my face and chin than say the cable from the SE846's which is much longer and forgiving.

Exactly. I can wear them that way, but I feel like an idiot...kind of like this:

 

 

All of this has been said before, but I am going to b!tch anyway:

If the cable wasn't so microphonic, I wouldn't feel the need to wear them over ear.

And I can't really comfortably wear them over ear because the cable is too short.  

And does Sennheiser mitigate the issue by including a $2 clip with their $1,000 iems?  Of course not!

(seems to me that they could have built in a nice clip into the connector at the splitter) 

 

All that being said, I still love the ie800.  I complain because I care!

post #1628 of 6202

I guess I have a puny head, I wear it behind the ears and don't feel like I have a noose around my neck. I also get a better seal/ less microphonics this way, which in turn provides me with better sound than wearing it down.

post #1629 of 6202

Has anyone tried the RCS 800 cable? I've seen some posts saying they already have it. Also I heard ALO audio is planning on creating a custom balanced cable for the ie800. 

post #1630 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco8579 View Post
 

Has anyone tried the RCS 800 cable? I've seen some posts saying they already have it. Also I heard ALO audio is planning on creating a custom balanced cable for the ie800. 


Am intrigued by this (but VERY interested) - would require a full recabling, with the 2.5mm jack having common ground...

 

Still loving my IE800, easily up there with my LCD2s (just wish for a hint more midrange bloom, then I could run solely on IEMs), especially with the HiFi M8 trimming the treble splash :) 

post #1631 of 6202

I am loving the pairing of C4 and IE800. For fitlers I use 3 set of cardas filters that come with his model 1.The fitlers cuts on treble alot. 

post #1632 of 6202

I listened my friend's DX50 and my IE800.I loved that combination.I suggest you guys.If you have a question about DX50. :)

post #1633 of 6202

I have been through this thread a few times now but I still can't find a suggestion of what would be a good amp/dac for the ie800's.

 

Can anyone suggest me a amp/dac that works well with the ie800's ?

post #1634 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod-159 View Post
 

I have been through this thread a few times now but I still can't find a suggestion of what would be a good amp/dac for the ie800's.

 

Can anyone suggest me a amp/dac that works well with the ie800's ?

 

Any!  They are an easy load and sound fantastic straight out of a phone.

post #1635 of 6202
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rangutan View Post
 

 

Any!  They are an easy load and sound fantastic straight out of a phone.

hmm. thanks.

 

Well then I might as well use the fiio x5 as a dac when I get it.


Edited by zaphod-159 - 2/10/14 at 7:30am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: