or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 107

post #1591 of 5958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eide View Post
 

I´v only listened to mine for about 50 hours, but the sound is incredible. I even prefer them over my Fostex TH900 (which are big cans, costing twice as much). I can´t believe how they made these tiny phones sound this good. Maybe it´s the good synergy from AK120, and the TH900 perhaps need a more powerful amp to sound their best....

Glad to hear that :)

i've been using my pair for two month already. Love them. They cost a lot, but worth it.

post #1592 of 5958
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post

 

Why is the cable so short above the y-split? WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!

I would say it's also short below y-split.

post #1593 of 5958

Almost finished writing what is quite a comprehensive review of the IE800s, however i might just hold off on writing more until about the end of the month.  The reason being is that I might have to rewrite a lot of it.

 

I am now of the thinking that burn-in is a very real thing; physical (as in to say the speakers), not just psychological.  Because I was on the fence over the matter, i wanted to actually listen throughout the 200+ hour process, that way I could monitor any progress.  As I listen for 2-4 hours on most days I would say I have a few weeks to go yet.

 

At this stage treble has seriously settled down nicely.  What was overly bright is now rich, detailed and magnificent.  Cymbals/hi-hats have woken up.  The same could be said of vocals; they just keep getting better and better.  Best of all, there would be an occasional "lisp" type of sound (for lack of a better word) which could be heard both in vocals and percussion; this is no longer.

 

Other brief observations (most of which I have elaborated on in the full review)

 - I am lucky enough to comfortably wear these over-the-ear

 - It can be hard telling which is left from right, however it becomes immediately apparent if I have inserted them incorrectly (either the earpieces make a creaky sort of sound or they pop out altogether - especially from my left ear)

 - I am fairly sure that the cable above the Y-split is memory wire; the cable seems to retain the same shape that it takes when sat fast over my ear

 - The only real frustration I have with the cable is not its length, but rather that the beefy jack gets caught on my pocket as I reach for my iPod

 - I use the case to combat the short cable issue (only an issue when i wear certain shorts - jeans are fine)

 - i say this prior to full burn-in, but i thoroughly disagree that the IE800s are compressed-audio friendly; in fact I am even beginning to think that 16bit lossless just isn't enough! :p

 

Pantera, Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Tool, Mike Oldfield, Pink Floyd, old skool progressive house a la Global Underground's golden era, Surgeon and more sound amazing and I disagree strongly that these are not worth the asking price.  Unfortunately, said asking price is why i cannot afford a 64GB iPhone; onto which I would install the Golden Ears app (which supports 24bit FLAC), hence for now my 160GB iPod classic is doing an okay job of powering them.

post #1594 of 5958

Hİ guys,

 

I wanna ask you something.Does andbody experience problemce with IE800's cable ? Can it be problem in the future ? And if Y split brokes,will Sennheiser replace or fix the cable ? I'm not sure about the cable is durable for use it for years.What do you thinkh about the cable and Sennheiser's warranty ?

 

Thanks...

post #1595 of 5958

Yah, I'mnot sure about durability either, but anything cable related Sennhesier is always happy to replace them while under warranty.

 

In the space of four years ownership of the IE8s I experienced two cable issues, the first time Sennheiser replaced them with no questions asked.  The second time was a replacement cable from the second of three pairs (the nozzle of which came clean off one day).  Pardon the in eloquence of this sentence - I am a bit hungover. :p  The point I am getting at is that Sennheiser are more than happy to replace headphones under warranty, and there are of course spares that can be purchased online.

post #1596 of 5958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
 

Yah, I'mnot sure about durability either, but anything cable related Sennhesier is always happy to replace them while under warranty.

 

In the space of four years ownership of the IE8s I experienced two cable issues, the first time Sennheiser replaced them with no questions asked.  The second time was a replacement cable from the second of three pairs (the nozzle of which came clean off one day).  Pardon the in eloquence of this sentence - I am a bit hungover. :p  The point I am getting at is that Sennheiser are more than happy to replace headphones under warranty, and there are of course spares that can be purchased online.

Sorry,I didn't understand the paragraph completly. :S 

post #1597 of 5958

The long and the short of it is that Sennheiser will cover cable damage under warranty.  Take your headphones back to the place of purchase and have them give you a replacement pair on the spot.

 

A dang good reason to buy Sennheiser actually; Shure on the other hand have an entirely different procedure altogether.

post #1598 of 5958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
 

The long and the short of it is that Sennheiser will cover cable damage under warranty.  Take your headphones back to the place of purchase and have them give you a replacement pair on the spot.

 

A dang good reason to buy Sennheiser actually; Shure on the other hand have an entirely different procedure altogether.

Shure has grat customer service and warranty.

post #1599 of 5958

woops


Edited by zaphod-159 - 1/22/14 at 3:47pm
post #1600 of 5958

high-fidelity: I have heard many people say much the same thing, but I think nothing beats an on-the-spot, in-store replacement.

 

I must admit that this does pose one problem: I bought my pair at Jaben Audio in Melbourne (great store; they allow in-store auditioning where others don't and their sales staff are objective and non-pushy in their sales) but now i am situated in Perth (about 4,000km away!).  Should anything happen to my pair I will either need to either travel to Melbourne (not necessarily a bad thing as Melbourne is made of awesome) or have them sent via post (a very bad thing especially in this country!).

 

Zaphod:  Give AccessoryJack.com a go.  They ship from Hong Kong so do be mindful of any sales tax.  I think the cheapest you will find will be no more than $100 off (Jaben price matched Addicted for Audio's price of $1.1k here in Australia at least.)

post #1601 of 5958

nevermind.


Edited by zaphod-159 - 1/31/14 at 1:21pm
post #1602 of 5958

To any Xperia Z owners that may be thinking of getting the RCS800, be warned that only the volume controls work, not the centre button. Seems the headphone jack on the Z doesn't leave enough room for the RCS800 to insert fully (so some connections aren't made). I fully blame Sony, not Sennheiser though. The Z is a great phone in many ways (so much so that I'll be getting the Z2 when it comes out), but that headphone jack is crap.

 

I've tested the RCS800 on a couple other android phones and it works great though.

post #1603 of 5958

Xeroeth.

 

That kind of message is what I think these forums are all about.

 

Community Value.

 

Although I'm not an Android or Sony user, I thank you for sharing such info.

 

Good on you.

 

Sceptre

post #1604 of 5958
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannLiebert View Post
 

Oh fcking Sennheiser.

34€ for ONE PAIR.

http://www.kopfhoerer-ersatzteile.de/index.php/cat/c646_IE-800.html

 

The Phonak tips give a bigger soundstage, are very soft and comfy and treble is more extended( might be better or worse for some, depending). IMO. And they are dirt cheap compared to the sennheiser scam.

They just get stucked in your ears when you pull out the Inears ;)

 

 

 

Which tip is this ? Which Phonak's ? How is sound with these tips ?

post #1605 of 5958

+ 1 from me too. Don't like the feel of Comply-find they irritate my inner ear.

Details of any others that 'fit' would be much appreciated.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: