I accidentally played my DX50 at full volume for about 5 secs, could I have damaged my ie800?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser IE800tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- Question Sennheiser IE 800 and Sony NW-ZX2 Last post on 4/11/16 at 2:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser's IE800 or Shure's SE846 Last post on 3/18/16 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Difficult To Only Have 1 IEM That (Does it all!) Last post on 12/8/15 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Beware of Sennheiser IE 800 fakes/counterfeits, question for owners Last post on 1/26/16 at 11:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for the most comfortable, best sounding IEM without an amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 7:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 106
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There have been scary moments involving my IE8s and various amps (Meier Audio Corda XXS, Digizoid Zo2, iBasso etc.) but nothing that caused any real damage (surprisingly). The IE800s are of course a somewhat different animal, however my suggestion would be to contact Sennheiser directly. I get the quickest response, generally speaking, via the Senn Aus & NZ Facebook fanpage; they usually pass on nay curve balls to an on-hand technician. Hope this helps. :)
Depends what full volume is (power wise) compared to specs of the ie800, I cannot believe that the 800s couldn't handle the power of a DAP, also, to be considered, bass uses far more power than other frequencies, so unless your DAP was running a 20hz test signal at full power (and was clipping whilst doing it) I would say you're fine
what should I look for in the DAP specs to check if my iem could have handled the power being supplied by it?
here are the specs for the dx50:
Frequency Response: 20Hz~20KHz +/-1dB
THD+N: 0.004% (32ohm load)
Output Level: 1.2V(Low gain), 1.7V(Mid gain), 3.1V(High Gain)
S/N: -103dB +/-3dB(Low gain), -106dB +/-3dB(Mid gain), -108dB +/-3dB(High Gain) (32ohm Load)
Output Impedance: <0.5ohm
I bought myself a late christmas present today. The Sennheiser ie800. My ACS T1 customs are broken and need to be repaired, and that will take a few weeks. So I bought ie800 as replacements. And what a great replacement they are. Perhaps a permanent replacement. They sound great! I´v only listened to them for a few hours, but I like them a lot already.
I was a bitt worried about sibliance, but I can hear no such problems. I´m running the ie800s from my AK120 playing 24bit flac. I´v listened mostly to classic and modern jazz (my kind of music), and there´s no sibliance, just a big, wonderful soundstage with a lot of juice in the lower regions. The bass is great, but now overwhelming. My ACS T1 might have a better soundstage and separation in mids and high, but I can´t compare them directly until my T1s are fixed.
I´m very satisfied with my new toys.
I tried the 16pro demo before. I think both are great IEM.
In terms of sound signature, i would say IE800 is a more balaned / natural IEM. It has some kind of enhanced bass but overall still could be regarded as natural to me. For the 16pro, its bass is enhanced too but I think its not as deep as IE800. I regards the IE800 presents intruments and classical music better than the 16pro.
Maybe the demo JH16 is too different than a real custom JH16.
I just received my custom JH16Pro FP. The Senn ie800 is no longer in my possession...
When listening to the JH16pro FP, all weaknesses with the ie800 becomes apparent. Ie800 is completely unnatural sounding to me now.
Bass: Ie800 bass is actually deeper in the sub-bass region vs JH 16. BUT it is much less refined and sound muddy. JH16 bass is deep, accentuated but also very accurate and easy to follow bass lines.
Mid: Well ie800 has a nice midrange BUT it is (quite heavily) V-shaped. JH16 mids: piano and voices are more natural and warm, cello and violin more true to the real sound of the instrument.
Treble: The ie800 treble is just too hot and sibilant. There is no way around it. In comparison, JH16 sounds much less trebly, but also no sibilance at all and smooth and silky up top.
I never really got a secure fit with the ie800, they kept falling out. Contributing to this was the heavy Y-splitter and cord. My JH16 CIEMs fit very securely and comfortable. Out of Iphone 5S, the JH16 requires several notches less output for the same perceived loudness.
I ordered the JH16 directly from JHaudio on Black Friday 20% off sale, and I escaped import duty and tax, so the ended up at the same cost as Sennheiser ie800.
Very close to buying some IE800, but I've just realised that its CES 14 in a few days, has anyone heard anything that Sennheiser might release a new IEM? It might even bring the IE800 price down :D anyone?
I haven't heard anything...but I would consider buying a second IE800 if they did nothing more than fix the ergonomics.
Why is the cable so short above the y-split? WHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!
(I can't prove it, but I believe that the original design was written out incorrectly on a napkin, like the Stonehenge in Spinal Tap)
Edited by RapidPulse - 1/3/14 at 9:34am
I want to buy some now but if there is a chance they might do that I will wait, also wish they didn't take away the removable cables, I understand that would require a complete redesign but, if that's what must be done. Its a shame as the 800's sound soo good, but little flaws get you thinking what if. Fingers crossed for CES
Cheers man, much appreciated.
I´v only listened to mine for about 50 hours, but the sound is incredible. I even prefer them over my Fostex TH900 (which are big cans, costing twice as much). I can´t believe how they made these tiny phones sound this good. Maybe it´s the good synergy from AK120, and the TH900 perhaps need a more powerful amp to sound their best....
- Sennheiser IE800 IEM's
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600 38 seconds ago
- › Upgrade headphones or amp? Help needed.. 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 Japanese Limited Edition and E12A Mont Blanc plus accessories 3 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...