New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 95

post #1411 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden4th View Post

 

 

The website had this claim

 

This item is an authentic parallel-import 

 

What is an authentic parallel import? Wikipedia had this to say about it. 

 

A parallel import is a non-counterfeit product imported from another country without the permission of the intellectual property owner. Parallel imports are often referred to as grey product, and are implicated in issues of international trade, and intellectual property.[1]


it just means its a grey import,its original.. Like the stuff from Kogan.


Edited by bolinao - 8/29/13 at 8:35am
post #1412 of 2327
Is here on the forum somewhere a marketplace? I try to sell my IE800.
post #1413 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch_black View Post

Is here on the forum somewhere a marketplace? I try to sell my IE800.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/a/buy-sell-trade-rules

 

Do you have any other place with good feedback?

post #1414 of 2327
After one week with the IE800 and the 846's, the 846's went back to the store.

I love my Senn's. Best IEM's I have ever listened to.
Ken
post #1415 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 View Post

After one week with the IE800 and the 846's, the 846's went back to the store.

I love my Senn's. Best IEM's I have ever listened to.
Ken

Smart move Ken :D

post #1416 of 2327
I love the size and look of thes, but not sure if they will compete with my old jh13s. Curious to hear them.
post #1417 of 2327
I own both old JH-13s and the IE800. They sound quite different. Hard for me to decide which one I like better sonically, but easy to tell that out of 100 listening sessions 99 times I reach for the IE800 because IE800 is much easier to handle.
Edited by zardos - 9/7/13 at 7:50am
post #1418 of 2327

I love my IE800 i never spent more then £150 on earphones so it was quite a jump for me but managed to get them for £450. Anyway, I'm using these with a Galaxy S4 *sigh* it seems a waste but i'm thinking about getting a portable amp for these that will really bring them out. Any suggestions around £100? Thanks

post #1419 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioJunki3 View Post
 

I love my IE800 i never spent more then £150 on earphones so it was quite a jump for me but managed to get them for £450. Anyway, I'm using these with a Galaxy S4 *sigh* it seems a waste but i'm thinking about getting a portable amp for these that will really bring them out. Any suggestions around £100? Thanks

 

I've been using them with my Galaxy S3 and think they sound terrific with it, with no noteworthy improvement from amping.

 

If anything, I'd spend £35 and try the wireless option as described in my review. It's really awesome and convenient.

post #1420 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

I've been using them with my Galaxy S3 and think they sound terrific with it, with no noteworthy improvement from amping.

 

If anything, I'd spend £35 and try the wireless option as described in my review. It's really awesome and convenient.

 

Dude, nice. my biggest issue when I'm walking with these is that the cable moves down my shirt and snags the buds out of my ears. This should clear this up nicely and let me move around my room and studio too. Of course I worry when they do snag, if i ripped the cable out of the bud I'd be in trouble. Do Sennheiser have repair centres for this type of thing?

 

Thanks

post #1421 of 2327

I might be getting them for 525€ used. Not that bad. I've auditioned them for about 3min and liked the Soundstage and Clarity quite  a bit.

post #1422 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioJunki3 View Post
 

 

Dude, nice. my biggest issue when I'm walking with these is that the cable moves down my shirt and snags the buds out of my ears. This should clear this up nicely and let me move around my room and studio too. Of course I worry when they do snag, if i ripped the cable out of the bud I'd be in trouble. Do Sennheiser have repair centres for this type of thing?

 

Thanks

The cables are reinforced with kevlar, so not likely. Plus, if you pulled hard enough, the cable would separate at the connect between the two sections--which is probably part of why they engineered it that way.

 

The wireless sounds like it might be a good idea, though.

post #1423 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

I've been using them with my Galaxy S3 and think they sound terrific with it, with no noteworthy improvement from amping.

 

If anything, I'd spend £35 and try the wireless option as described in my review. It's really awesome and convenient.

Would the wireless set up work with an iPod and what dongle would I use  ? the Samsung HS3000 maybe ?

 

thanks


Edited by bolinao - 9/9/13 at 10:46am
post #1424 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post
 

Would the wireless set up work with an iPod and what dongle would I use  ? the Samsung HS3000 maybe ?

 

thanks

 

Which iPod model? If it has inbuilt bluetooth support like the Touch, it would work without a source dongle, but be restricted to SBC encoding, since afaik the iPod doesn't natively support aptX.

 

If it has no bluetooth, or if you want to add aptX capability (the difference in sound quality is small, but imo noticeable), you'd need an aptX enabled source dongle like this.

 

As for receivers, the Samsung HS3000 and Sony MW1 are the best I've heard so far. Supposedly the Sony measures a bit better, but in my experience usability is superior with the HS3000.

post #1425 of 2327
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

If it has no bluetooth, or if you want to add aptX capability (the difference in sound quality is small, but imo noticeable), you'd need an aptX enabled source dongle like this.

 

Or preferably this one (same price, BTW, but from a more reputable manufacturer, and comes with a 2-year warranty).


Edited by music_4321 - 9/9/13 at 11:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: