New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser IE800 IEM's - Page 88

post #1306 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post

 


Don't think so and not sure, may be able to send to Sennheiser in the states, or may have to send them back to Japan.


Just use Sennheiser's registration page and all should be OK

 

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/service-support/services/register-your-product

post #1307 of 2268

the more I listen to this iems with my hdvd800, the more I love them. They really beat the lcd-2 in the bass compartment and treble is almost as good as the hd800s.

post #1308 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

If it's the same spot on the same track, could be your recording or rip. can you re-rip the track and test it?


Ok,after a bit more experimenting it seems that it is not always in the same spot.

I mainly said that because on one track I tried it was there after several listens,but the crackle is not on that spot now,but it is still there.

I have messaged the seller and told them about the crackle,waiting now on an answer,hopefully I can return them for a refund or replaced.

But I am worried that they will say its my fault for having them up too loud or something,I have only been listening to them on my iPod without any amp,would an iPod go loud enough to damage them ?

It seems to be getting worse as it is more noticeable now.

The crackle is noticed on  music I listen to through Spotify ,iTunes downloads and my own rips,so I dont thing its the music and it only the right ear piece.


Edited by bolinao - 6/28/13 at 11:50am
post #1309 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAspect View Post

the more I listen to this iems with my hdvd800, the more I love them. They really beat the lcd-2 in the bass compartment and treble is almost as good as the hd800s.

I'll have to give them a go with the HVD800, haven't tried it yet, just been using them with my AK120.
post #1310 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post


Ok,after a bit more experimenting it seems that it is not always in the same spot.

I mainly said that because on one track I tried it was there after several listens,but the crackle is not on that spot now,but it is still there.

I have messaged the seller and told them about the crackle,waiting now on an answer,hopefully I can return them for a refund or replaced.

But I am worried that they will say its my fault for having them up too loud or something,I have only been listening to them on my iPod without any amp,would an iPod go loud enough to damage them ?

It seems to be getting worse as it is more noticeable now.

The crackle is noticed on  music I listen to through Spotify ,iTunes downloads and my own rips,so I dont thing its the music and it only the right ear piece.


A warranty is a warranty no matter what. If you have used them for what they are designed for - listening to music - then the warranty stands. Volume is not a provable issue for them.

post #1311 of 2268

Regarding the bass vents, I vaguely and probably not-correctly at all mis-remember that some people had said that one vent might be a usual vent and the other reduced 7-8k resonance... did ie800 owners ever quite build a consensus on that? If so, reducing the vent which is a more usual bass vent should have an impact on the quantity of bass (reducing it, if one finds it overmuch)--has anyone done that? I seem to kinda, sorta remember reading that a person had tried that a little, but don't remember a consensus on it.

 

Thanks!

post #1312 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post

I'm noticing a crackling noise coming out of the right ear piece on several songs,its not very loud,but noticeable.

At 1st I thought it was maybe my iPod or the actual audio file,but when I listen to the songs on my IE80's the crackle is not there.

The crackle seems to be at the same spot each time,it does not drift.

These are less than a week old. frown.gif

 

Has this problem been raised before ? it shouldn't happen on such expensive earphones....damn

 

Any suggestions ?

 

Tell me the song and a time that it occurs and I could check on my earphones.  If I don't have it you could send me part of the song or the file if that helps...  I'll tell you if it's the song or not.

post #1313 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advert View Post

umm...

dont compare the un equal product

how to compare a sport bike to a large truck? you can put a dozen of bike into the truck even if the truck is cheaper than the bike

 

He wasn't asking to compare the features of the product.  He was simply asking if it sounded better.  So, whether it fits in his pocket or not doesn't matter.  :-P  Can you tell us "how" it sounds better?  Specifically in what ways?

post #1314 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post

 

Tell me the song and a time that it occurs and I could check on my earphones.  If I don't have it you could send me part of the song or the file if that helps...  I'll tell you if it's the song or not.


Hi

I have since discovered its not in the same spot all the time,it changes,I messaged to seller 3 days ago,still waiting to hear back from them.

post #1315 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinao View Post


Hi

I have since discovered its not in the same spot all the time,it changes,I messaged to seller 3 days ago,still waiting to hear back from them.

 

Ah, that stinks...

post #1316 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo View Post

Hi Everybody!

 

My question is that: this IEM, the IE800 sounds better as the full sized HD650? (By the double prize...L3000.gif)

I have both, took me awhile to customized to IE800's sound so here goes.

 

I find the IE800 is technically superior to the HD650s.

I could hear details on both, but IE800 makes the tiny background details more evident.

 

HD650 is a laid back kind of sound, everything takes a back seat, it's however very smooth this way, although I find it technically lousier.

That said, im not saying hd650 lacks details, its just represented in a way u wouldn't notice it unless u do critical listening to it.

 

Whereas for IE800, the details are in ur face. I find it to have lusher mids as well. IE800 won't be the house signature sound.

My reading suggest it steers towards HD700 sound reproduction, different from previous models such as hd650,600,580s and IE 6,60,7,8,80s signature.

 

Could sennheiser have redesigned their house signature? Its hard to say. HD650 still is a very enjoyable pair of cans for me, especially when it's opened.

If ur questions was ie800 vs hd650s, i would say ie800 has the upper hand.

post #1317 of 2268
I still don't understand the comparison between open back, large headphones and IEM's? They're always going to sound different, even from the same manufacturer. Apples & Oranges...smily_headphones1.gif
post #1318 of 2268

Muscular: thank you very much for your answer.L3000.gif

post #1319 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSARider View Post

I still don't understand the comparison between open back, large headphones and IEM's? They're always going to sound different, even from the same manufacturer. Apples & Oranges...smily_headphones1.gif


I disagree with this opinion, because I think both instruments just make sound to your ears, so they must be comparised anyway.

post #1320 of 2268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo View Post


I disagree with this opinion, because I think both instruments just make sound to your ears, so they must be comparised anyway.

And the sound signatures are always comparable

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: