Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Video Game Music Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Video Game Music Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 141

*bows* THank a millions, I loved Symphonia and I've been wanting the soundtrack to it for a while, I enjoyed all the First Three MegaMan Battle Network OST's as well! The last 3 sadly I was not as big a fan of :/ *sigh* time to go get on the bus q.Q' peace Head-Fi

post #17 of 141

I love the music from Mass Effect 1/2/3. 2 has some of my favorite music though. I also love the music from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

post #18 of 141

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossinator View Post

I love the music from Mass Effect 1/2/3. 2 has some of my favorite music though. I also love the music from Deus Ex Human Revolution.

 


ME1 OST is amazing, I love the level of bass you get but it doesn't bleed into the mids...Vigil is the best song lol.

post #19 of 141

I have been listening to Skyrim.  The last track called Skyrim Atmosphere is soothing, it conveys its gaming world.  

post #20 of 141

Have I mentioned my Love for 16-bit Chip tunes yet :DMe

 

MegaMan Battle Network 3 is still one of my favorite OST's to date ^^

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Eternia is the Tales game I've played the most, followed by Destiny. Love their soundtracks.
OCremix has a great double album of Symphonia+Phantasia music...
http://tales.ocremix.org/

Oh nice, I went to the site, great to see the torrent is seeded well! I'm downloading at about 1mb/s so xD super thrilled to get this!

 

Also I enjoyed Tales of Symphonia very much! Granted I've not played much of the other tales games [lack of ps2 or good emulator <.<] still though great share!

 

Here's another awesome OST [btw I <3 FooBar the eq in it is very nice!]

 

Not the best song from the OST but a good one!

post #21 of 141

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the classic Beyond Good & Evil - it had a really unique and catchy soundtrack.

 

I listen to video game soundtracks a lot while working.  I find that instrumental music distracts me less.  Here are some of my faves:

 

Alan Wake...........................(very moody and relaxing)

Mass Effect 1 ......................(fantastic John Carpenter-esque 80's synth scifi callback sound)

Elder Scrolls III:  Morrowind ...(the later games have better production, but this is still my favorite ES soundtrack)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution ..(also a bit of an 80s scifi feel w/ other post modern layers)

Borderlands .........................(funky and driven, with a bit of attitude and a cool Arabic flavor)

Halo ODST...........................(super moody and jazzy - great rainy day music)

Halo (2, 3, and Reach)...........(Marty O'Donnel never disappoints)

Diablo II and Torchlight...........(Matt Uelmen's atmospheric jangly guitars do satisfy)

post #22 of 141

This guy has a bunch of video game covers on his page... and all of them are downloadable.

He is AMAZING. That electric guitar section, wow.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/2/12 at 9:48am
post #23 of 141

My favorite video game song. Have had it as ringtone for ages.

post #24 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianT View Post

My favorite video game song. Have had it as ringtone for ages.

OMG hoyl crap dude I love that too! Have you heard The 20'th Aniversy Techno remix of it xD

 

Also sadly I only have a 256k version of this, as the site I download has alot of the game music at that Rate [since it's mostly chiptunes you don't want a high bit rate [at least I think high bit rate chip tunes sounds kinda wack :3])

post #25 of 141
Here's probably my fave video game mix...

Almost 13 minutes of pure awesomeness.

As a fan of Castlevania... this is extra special.
post #26 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

OMG hoyl crap dude I love that too! Have you heard The 20'th Aniversy Techno remix of it xD

 

Also sadly I only have a 256k version of this, as the site I download has alot of the game music at that Rate [since it's mostly chiptunes you don't want a high bit rate [at least I think high bit rate chip tunes sounds kinda wack :3])

Haha, pretty good remix. Usually I can't stand to listen to remixes of my own favorites, but that's not too shabby :)

post #27 of 141

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, great music by Amon Tobin.

post #28 of 141

Hmm, does Doctor P's "Tetris" count for this thread...?   beyersmile.png

post #29 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancerX View Post

Hmm, does Doctor P's "Tetris" count for this thread...?   beyersmile.png

OMG SHARE, I love Tetris Music and I'm always looking for a nice D n B remix of it, I have one and thankfully the Bass is what drives the melodic Tetris melody and well it's epic! In addition I may have said this already but

 

Tetris Attacks [SNES] is another good OST

post #30 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

OMG SHARE, I love Tetris Music and I'm always looking for a nice D n B remix of it, I have one and thankfully the Bass is what drives the melodic Tetris melody and well it's epic! In addition I may have said this already but

 

Tetris Attacks [SNES] is another good OST

 

Hehe okay, but it's a commercial recording, so I can't share.  The track is a dubstep/brostep take on the GB Tetris music.  Play it on a nice big system or good 'phones - very fun!

 

It's available on iTunes (but not Amazon's MP3 store, which I prefer).  The "Tetris" track seems to have been released as a single, and isn't on any of Doctor P's EPs or collaborations, from what I've seen.

 

Here's a YouTube link:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games Discussion
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Video Games Discussion › The Video Game Music Thread