Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Epiphany Acoustics - ODAC Interest Check
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Epiphany Acoustics - ODAC Interest Check - Page 3

post #31 of 52

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRusko View Post

I would purchase but only when(if?) coupled with the ODA. Will you be stocking nwavguys ODA?

 

 

post #32 of 52

Interested in the pcb/kit and instructions on how to integrate it with my O2. :D 

post #33 of 52

Same as most on here.

 

I can't see that much point in the ODAC+O2 combo if there's a an ODAC+ODA around the corner. I mean, both are in effect desktop amp/dac combos, around a similar price point, but the latter is way more convenient as it'll have rca's and most importantly a 1/4 inch jack. Most likely it'll sound better too, although i'm not sure how much low impedance cans/iem's will benefit from the bigger amp.

 

Out of interest, do you know roughly how big the odac+oda will be dimension wise. I'm hoping it's not more than 3/4 times the size of the o2. Probably start building these in july or something, you reckon?

 

I'll definitly order an odac oda combo when it comes out!!

post #34 of 52
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

Interested in the pcb/kit and instructions on how to integrate it with my O2. :D 

 

The board only is available for £59.99 (£45 deposit - send me an email to sort out ordering).

 

Some brief instructions to give you an idea of what is involved:

"The ODAC may also be retrofitted internally to an O2 headphone amplifier when the rechargable batteries are removed. A 4-40 3/8" screw and 2 nuts will physicially secure the ODAC to the O2 board. 3 wires must be soldered between the ODAC and the O2 to connect the LINE-OUT of the ODAC to the input of the O2 input."


Edited by Epiphany Oliver - 4/24/12 at 6:06am
post #35 of 52
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe View Post

Same as most on here.

 

I can't see that much point in the ODAC+O2 combo if there's a an ODAC+ODA around the corner. I mean, both are in effect desktop amp/dac combos, around a similar price point, but the latter is way more convenient as it'll have rca's and most importantly a 1/4 inch jack. Most likely it'll sound better too, although i'm not sure how much low impedance cans/iem's will benefit from the bigger amp.

 

Out of interest, do you know roughly how big the odac+oda will be dimension wise. I'm hoping it's not more than 3/4 times the size of the o2. Probably start building these in july or something, you reckon?

 

I'll definitly order an odac oda combo when it comes out!!

 


There is very little info available on the ODA and I don't know when it will be released. I anticipate it being at least a month before even
pre orders can even be considered.

post #36 of 52

fair enough,

 

I'll wait just as the others. But i suspect when it is released there will be a massive wave of orders.I hope this don't cause problems for everyone involved!!! I mean he mentioned it first in november/december last year I think, so there was plently of time to generate interest. 

 

Just waiting on dimensions really. If it's over 20cm by 20cm (l x w) or something like that, i'll look to get an o2/odac- you guys call this the eph-o2d don't you? Last question, can both the dac and amp be used separately on this- what are the line in/line out connections on the o2d?

post #37 of 52
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantScareMe View Post

fair enough,

 

I'll wait just as the others. But i suspect when it is released there will be a massive wave of orders.I hope this don't cause problems for everyone involved!!! I mean he mentioned it first in november/december last year I think, so there was plently of time to generate interest. 

 

Just waiting on dimensions really. If it's over 20cm by 20cm (l x w) or something like that, i'll look to get an o2/odac- you guys call this the eph-o2d don't you? Last question, can both the dac and amp be used separately on this- what are the line in/line out connections on the o2d?

 

Quite right, the EHP-O2D is teh O2+ODAC. I don't imagine in being larger than 20cm x 20cm, but as I say, such little info has been released that I really couldn't comment on it with any accuracy.

 

The EHP-O2D maintains the line in connection to you can use it with analogue or digital sources. The only output is the O2 headphone jack.

post #38 of 52

Thanks for them blisteringly fast answers!!

 

post #39 of 52
Thread Starter 

What can I say - I do my best :)
 

post #40 of 52

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany Oliver View Post

 

 

The board only is available for £59.99 (£45 deposit - send me an email to sort out ordering).

 

Some brief instructions to give you an idea of what is involved:

"The ODAC may also be retrofitted internally to an O2 headphone amplifier when the rechargable batteries are removed. A 4-40 3/8" screw and 2 nuts will physicially secure the ODAC to the O2 board. 3 wires must be soldered between the ODAC and the O2 to connect the LINE-OUT of the ODAC to the input of the O2 input."

 

Will there be another backplate for the original O2 case to include the new pcb's usb-in? Or do I have to drill a usb-shaped hole myself. ;)

post #41 of 52
Thread Starter 

I'm sure I could sort you out with a CNC made back panel :)

post #42 of 52

For the ODAC/O2 combo, does it still have all the connections at the front?

post #43 of 52
Thread Starter 

Indeed it does, so you can still plug your iPod or what have you in as a source.

post #44 of 52

again, most interested in an ODA+ODAC, especially in kit form, that would be beautiful. Still looking to find the perfect budget all-in-one setup for my dorm, that will drive a pair of sextetts.

post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiphany Oliver View Post

Indeed it does, so you can still plug your iPod or what have you in as a source.

 


Crap, I would have prefered the inputs and the adapter at the back, I will be waiting for the ODA then.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Epiphany Acoustics - ODAC Interest Check