Well put and I hope you enjoy your new cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 8462/13/14 at 10:56pm
Just got my HE-500's and am loving them. Driving from a fiio e17 but thinking about getting a Matrix M-stage or a schiit combo...my limit is about 250. any suggestions? Not sure how much sound quality ill get from upgrading and if its even necessary.post #843 of 8462/14/14 at 10:28am
First of all welcome to the Hifimans .. you picked a fabulous headphone, and oh yeah ... believe me there is lots more room for improvement. This headphone scales beautifully well and with a little exploration will reward you with sonic brilliance. That said, I suggest you post your questions/impressions on this thread. You are likely to get more feedback there as it is more active. Cheers ...post #844 of 8462/16/14 at 3:13pmQuote:
Start with the modi and magni. More power than the o2. Enough to not make the he500 clip at high volumes.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalkpost #845 of 8462/17/14 at 6:43amQuote:
Just be sure to check the Schiit power supplies, they do not work with the electricity in many countries.post #846 of 8462/25/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Oh I have the e17 too. I will say that that cannot drive the he500 decently. I even tried the e09k but that wasn't enough too. Hifiman recommends 1 watt. The magni does 1.2.
Havnt heard the m stage but I had the same budget as you have. Went for the magni and modi. My other option was to get the e09k and save money but when I tried it out it was really not enough.
I can also say that the modi is better than the e17 DAC.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Best Headphones (NOT EARBUDS) For Biking With a Helmet 4 seconds ago
- › Fidelify - Spotify with ASIO and WASAPI support!!! 24 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for High Resolution Audio - Trance Music / EDM 5 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing the right pair of headphones 7 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude