Well put and I hope you enjoy your new cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 8462/13/14 at 10:56pm
Just got my HE-500's and am loving them. Driving from a fiio e17 but thinking about getting a Matrix M-stage or a schiit combo...my limit is about 250. any suggestions? Not sure how much sound quality ill get from upgrading and if its even necessary.post #843 of 8462/14/14 at 10:28am
First of all welcome to the Hifimans .. you picked a fabulous headphone, and oh yeah ... believe me there is lots more room for improvement. This headphone scales beautifully well and with a little exploration will reward you with sonic brilliance. That said, I suggest you post your questions/impressions on this thread. You are likely to get more feedback there as it is more active. Cheers ...post #844 of 8462/16/14 at 3:13pmQuote:
Start with the modi and magni. More power than the o2. Enough to not make the he500 clip at high volumes.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalkpost #845 of 8462/17/14 at 6:43amQuote:
Just be sure to check the Schiit power supplies, they do not work with the electricity in many countries.post #846 of 8462/25/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Oh I have the e17 too. I will say that that cannot drive the he500 decently. I even tried the e09k but that wasn't enough too. Hifiman recommends 1 watt. The magni does 1.2.
Havnt heard the m stage but I had the same budget as you have. Went for the magni and modi. My other option was to get the e09k and save money but when I tried it out it was really not enough.
I can also say that the modi is better than the e17 DAC.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 8 seconds ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 22 seconds ago
- › IEM custom for classical music 57 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: advanced tutorial (in progress) 1 minute ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › Poll: Can you hear sound over 20kHz? 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude