Well put and I hope you enjoy your new cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 57
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #842 of 8462/13/14 at 10:56pm
Just got my HE-500's and am loving them. Driving from a fiio e17 but thinking about getting a Matrix M-stage or a schiit combo...my limit is about 250. any suggestions? Not sure how much sound quality ill get from upgrading and if its even necessary.post #843 of 8462/14/14 at 10:28am
First of all welcome to the Hifimans .. you picked a fabulous headphone, and oh yeah ... believe me there is lots more room for improvement. This headphone scales beautifully well and with a little exploration will reward you with sonic brilliance. That said, I suggest you post your questions/impressions on this thread. You are likely to get more feedback there as it is more active. Cheers ...post #844 of 8462/16/14 at 3:13pmQuote:
Start with the modi and magni. More power than the o2. Enough to not make the he500 clip at high volumes.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalkpost #845 of 8462/17/14 at 6:43amQuote:
Just be sure to check the Schiit power supplies, they do not work with the electricity in many countries.post #846 of 8462/25/14 at 2:53pmQuote:
Oh I have the e17 too. I will say that that cannot drive the he500 decently. I even tried the e09k but that wasn't enough too. Hifiman recommends 1 watt. The magni does 1.2.
Havnt heard the m stage but I had the same budget as you have. Went for the magni and modi. My other option was to get the e09k and save money but when I tried it out it was really not enough.
I can also say that the modi is better than the e17 DAC.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › IEM buying help...... 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › Need DAC Advice 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed over-ear headphones (currently eyeing the Nad... 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob