Because what is an intentional over exaggeration, also it's a very well built case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 10/23/14 at 1:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 6post #76 of 8464/18/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8464/19/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Which Tom Waits album are you referring to you specifically?post #78 of 8464/19/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Bone Machine, It's got such an interesting tone to it.post #79 of 8464/19/12 at 12:06pmpost #80 of 8464/19/12 at 12:35pmThread StarterQuote:
I posted an unboxing vidya of the Schiit, They started including it I believe a few months ago and stopped including a box.post #81 of 8464/19/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Okay now that I have had about 48 hours with them I'm posting my initial impressions, this is not the RS-2 Versus the HE-500 or the D2000 Versus the HE-500 yet. Check the OP post.post #82 of 8464/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #83 of 8464/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Great, I hate you now, you make me want to get these soooooooo bad.post #84 of 8464/19/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Yea, I even hooked up my MKII to the Bifrost just to make sure I'm not just infatuated with my new toy. Aside form having to crank the volume the bass was pretty dramatically different. And yes the bifrost deadens any noise I was hearing*other than outside noise* I will post more impressions as time go's on and decide weather this is a keeper or if I'm return it but so far it's sounding pretty promising. Also anyone with this set up, I suggest listing to Tango Till they're sore by tom waits, it's amazing. Someone asked in the thread if they are good for rock. Right now I'm saying yes! I have never used the HE-400 and it seems DR.Fang him self tried to make the HE-400 more rock oriented but man, the HE-500 is just such a sweet can. If anyone cares to lend my an HE-400 later on down the road I would love to compare the twopost #85 of 8464/19/12 at 3:40pmpost #86 of 8464/19/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO it's a pretty night and day difference, I mean the vocals for one.
MKII The vocals are...once again not recessed just set back in the stage a bit more.
Lyr the vocals are much more forward along with the bass but not to a harsh level.
The bass is just jarringly different. I mean from the MKII tot he Little dot 1+ I thought the bass was a big difference so going from the MKII to the Lyr was like going from the sr80i tot he XB700....okay not THAT drastic but you can piece to gather my impressions. Working on the RS-2 versus the HE-500 now before work.post #87 of 8464/19/12 at 3:50pmpost #88 of 8464/19/12 at 4:14pmThread Starter
I might hold onto the little dot for a while, but the D2000 look might nervous.
UPDATED OP POST WITH HE-500 VERSUS RS-2!post #89 of 8464/19/12 at 4:27pm
That's good to know. By the way the protein leather pads HiFiMan employs are a form of pleather, just a higher grade pleather. It's the same protein leather used in cars, luckily not that cheap stuff that just flakes off over time.post #90 of 8464/19/12 at 4:43pm
It's interesting that these comparisons are pointless to many Grado fans, who will continue to vehemently defend that the Grado sound automatically wins in the audiophile world, because it has more "musicality" than other headphone house sounds.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 53 seconds ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › Amping for AKG Q701 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)