Because what is an intentional over exaggeration, also it's a very well built case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 6post #76 of 8464/18/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8464/19/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Which Tom Waits album are you referring to you specifically?post #78 of 8464/19/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Bone Machine, It's got such an interesting tone to it.post #79 of 8464/19/12 at 12:06pmpost #80 of 8464/19/12 at 12:35pmThread StarterQuote:
I posted an unboxing vidya of the Schiit, They started including it I believe a few months ago and stopped including a box.post #81 of 8464/19/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Okay now that I have had about 48 hours with them I'm posting my initial impressions, this is not the RS-2 Versus the HE-500 or the D2000 Versus the HE-500 yet. Check the OP post.post #82 of 8464/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #83 of 8464/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Great, I hate you now, you make me want to get these soooooooo bad.post #84 of 8464/19/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Yea, I even hooked up my MKII to the Bifrost just to make sure I'm not just infatuated with my new toy. Aside form having to crank the volume the bass was pretty dramatically different. And yes the bifrost deadens any noise I was hearing*other than outside noise* I will post more impressions as time go's on and decide weather this is a keeper or if I'm return it but so far it's sounding pretty promising. Also anyone with this set up, I suggest listing to Tango Till they're sore by tom waits, it's amazing. Someone asked in the thread if they are good for rock. Right now I'm saying yes! I have never used the HE-400 and it seems DR.Fang him self tried to make the HE-400 more rock oriented but man, the HE-500 is just such a sweet can. If anyone cares to lend my an HE-400 later on down the road I would love to compare the twopost #85 of 8464/19/12 at 3:40pmpost #86 of 8464/19/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO it's a pretty night and day difference, I mean the vocals for one.
MKII The vocals are...once again not recessed just set back in the stage a bit more.
Lyr the vocals are much more forward along with the bass but not to a harsh level.
The bass is just jarringly different. I mean from the MKII tot he Little dot 1+ I thought the bass was a big difference so going from the MKII to the Lyr was like going from the sr80i tot he XB700....okay not THAT drastic but you can piece to gather my impressions. Working on the RS-2 versus the HE-500 now before work.post #87 of 8464/19/12 at 3:50pmpost #88 of 8464/19/12 at 4:14pmThread Starter
I might hold onto the little dot for a while, but the D2000 look might nervous.
UPDATED OP POST WITH HE-500 VERSUS RS-2!post #89 of 8464/19/12 at 4:27pm
That's good to know. By the way the protein leather pads HiFiMan employs are a form of pleather, just a higher grade pleather. It's the same protein leather used in cars, luckily not that cheap stuff that just flakes off over time.post #90 of 8464/19/12 at 4:43pm
It's interesting that these comparisons are pointless to many Grado fans, who will continue to vehemently defend that the Grado sound automatically wins in the audiophile world, because it has more "musicality" than other headphone house sounds.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 seconds ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 21 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D7000 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 3 minutes ago
- › Tea-Fi? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)