Because what is an intentional over exaggeration, also it's a very well built case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Schiit LYR + LCD-2 Last post on 1/9/14 at 1:02am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 6post #76 of 8464/18/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8464/19/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Which Tom Waits album are you referring to you specifically?post #78 of 8464/19/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Bone Machine, It's got such an interesting tone to it.post #79 of 8464/19/12 at 12:06pmpost #80 of 8464/19/12 at 12:35pmThread StarterQuote:
I posted an unboxing vidya of the Schiit, They started including it I believe a few months ago and stopped including a box.post #81 of 8464/19/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Okay now that I have had about 48 hours with them I'm posting my initial impressions, this is not the RS-2 Versus the HE-500 or the D2000 Versus the HE-500 yet. Check the OP post.post #82 of 8464/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #83 of 8464/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Great, I hate you now, you make me want to get these soooooooo bad.post #84 of 8464/19/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Yea, I even hooked up my MKII to the Bifrost just to make sure I'm not just infatuated with my new toy. Aside form having to crank the volume the bass was pretty dramatically different. And yes the bifrost deadens any noise I was hearing*other than outside noise* I will post more impressions as time go's on and decide weather this is a keeper or if I'm return it but so far it's sounding pretty promising. Also anyone with this set up, I suggest listing to Tango Till they're sore by tom waits, it's amazing. Someone asked in the thread if they are good for rock. Right now I'm saying yes! I have never used the HE-400 and it seems DR.Fang him self tried to make the HE-400 more rock oriented but man, the HE-500 is just such a sweet can. If anyone cares to lend my an HE-400 later on down the road I would love to compare the twopost #85 of 8464/19/12 at 3:40pmpost #86 of 8464/19/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO it's a pretty night and day difference, I mean the vocals for one.
MKII The vocals are...once again not recessed just set back in the stage a bit more.
Lyr the vocals are much more forward along with the bass but not to a harsh level.
The bass is just jarringly different. I mean from the MKII tot he Little dot 1+ I thought the bass was a big difference so going from the MKII to the Lyr was like going from the sr80i tot he XB700....okay not THAT drastic but you can piece to gather my impressions. Working on the RS-2 versus the HE-500 now before work.post #87 of 8464/19/12 at 3:50pmpost #88 of 8464/19/12 at 4:14pmThread Starter
I might hold onto the little dot for a while, but the D2000 look might nervous.
UPDATED OP POST WITH HE-500 VERSUS RS-2!post #89 of 8464/19/12 at 4:27pm
That's good to know. By the way the protein leather pads HiFiMan employs are a form of pleather, just a higher grade pleather. It's the same protein leather used in cars, luckily not that cheap stuff that just flakes off over time.post #90 of 8464/19/12 at 4:43pm
It's interesting that these comparisons are pointless to many Grado fans, who will continue to vehemently defend that the Grado sound automatically wins in the audiophile world, because it has more "musicality" than other headphone house sounds.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 8 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 18 seconds ago
- › USB DAC vs PCI sound card for my ATH M-50 ? 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › Effects of power cords 4 minutes ago
- › Furman Elite-15 PF power conditioner 5 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude