Because what is an intentional over exaggeration, also it's a very well built case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Today at 10:36 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 6post #76 of 8464/18/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8464/19/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Which Tom Waits album are you referring to you specifically?post #78 of 8464/19/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Bone Machine, It's got such an interesting tone to it.post #79 of 8464/19/12 at 12:06pmpost #80 of 8464/19/12 at 12:35pmThread StarterQuote:
I posted an unboxing vidya of the Schiit, They started including it I believe a few months ago and stopped including a box.post #81 of 8464/19/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Okay now that I have had about 48 hours with them I'm posting my initial impressions, this is not the RS-2 Versus the HE-500 or the D2000 Versus the HE-500 yet. Check the OP post.post #82 of 8464/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #83 of 8464/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Great, I hate you now, you make me want to get these soooooooo bad.post #84 of 8464/19/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Yea, I even hooked up my MKII to the Bifrost just to make sure I'm not just infatuated with my new toy. Aside form having to crank the volume the bass was pretty dramatically different. And yes the bifrost deadens any noise I was hearing*other than outside noise* I will post more impressions as time go's on and decide weather this is a keeper or if I'm return it but so far it's sounding pretty promising. Also anyone with this set up, I suggest listing to Tango Till they're sore by tom waits, it's amazing. Someone asked in the thread if they are good for rock. Right now I'm saying yes! I have never used the HE-400 and it seems DR.Fang him self tried to make the HE-400 more rock oriented but man, the HE-500 is just such a sweet can. If anyone cares to lend my an HE-400 later on down the road I would love to compare the twopost #85 of 8464/19/12 at 3:40pmpost #86 of 8464/19/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO it's a pretty night and day difference, I mean the vocals for one.
MKII The vocals are...once again not recessed just set back in the stage a bit more.
Lyr the vocals are much more forward along with the bass but not to a harsh level.
The bass is just jarringly different. I mean from the MKII tot he Little dot 1+ I thought the bass was a big difference so going from the MKII to the Lyr was like going from the sr80i tot he XB700....okay not THAT drastic but you can piece to gather my impressions. Working on the RS-2 versus the HE-500 now before work.post #87 of 8464/19/12 at 3:50pmpost #88 of 8464/19/12 at 4:14pmThread Starter
I might hold onto the little dot for a while, but the D2000 look might nervous.
UPDATED OP POST WITH HE-500 VERSUS RS-2!post #89 of 8464/19/12 at 4:27pm
That's good to know. By the way the protein leather pads HiFiMan employs are a form of pleather, just a higher grade pleather. It's the same protein leather used in cars, luckily not that cheap stuff that just flakes off over time.post #90 of 8464/19/12 at 4:43pm
It's interesting that these comparisons are pointless to many Grado fans, who will continue to vehemently defend that the Grado sound automatically wins in the audiophile world, because it has more "musicality" than other headphone house sounds.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 9 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears 10 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 50 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Forum help, head-fi forum not accepting IMGUR images 3 minutes ago
- › Is Sennheiser HD598 worth keeping? Or should I return it to Amazon... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)