Because what is an intentional over exaggeration, also it's a very well built case.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 7/9/16 at 11:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 6post #76 of 8464/18/12 at 11:21pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8464/19/12 at 1:23amQuote:
Which Tom Waits album are you referring to you specifically?post #78 of 8464/19/12 at 11:58amThread Starter
Bone Machine, It's got such an interesting tone to it.post #79 of 8464/19/12 at 12:06pmpost #80 of 8464/19/12 at 12:35pmThread StarterQuote:
I posted an unboxing vidya of the Schiit, They started including it I believe a few months ago and stopped including a box.post #81 of 8464/19/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Okay now that I have had about 48 hours with them I'm posting my initial impressions, this is not the RS-2 Versus the HE-500 or the D2000 Versus the HE-500 yet. Check the OP post.post #82 of 8464/19/12 at 2:14pmpost #83 of 8464/19/12 at 2:21pmQuote:
Great, I hate you now, you make me want to get these soooooooo bad.post #84 of 8464/19/12 at 2:58pmThread StarterQuote:
Yea, I even hooked up my MKII to the Bifrost just to make sure I'm not just infatuated with my new toy. Aside form having to crank the volume the bass was pretty dramatically different. And yes the bifrost deadens any noise I was hearing*other than outside noise* I will post more impressions as time go's on and decide weather this is a keeper or if I'm return it but so far it's sounding pretty promising. Also anyone with this set up, I suggest listing to Tango Till they're sore by tom waits, it's amazing. Someone asked in the thread if they are good for rock. Right now I'm saying yes! I have never used the HE-400 and it seems DR.Fang him self tried to make the HE-400 more rock oriented but man, the HE-500 is just such a sweet can. If anyone cares to lend my an HE-400 later on down the road I would love to compare the twopost #85 of 8464/19/12 at 3:40pmpost #86 of 8464/19/12 at 3:44pmThread StarterQuote:
IMO it's a pretty night and day difference, I mean the vocals for one.
MKII The vocals are...once again not recessed just set back in the stage a bit more.
Lyr the vocals are much more forward along with the bass but not to a harsh level.
The bass is just jarringly different. I mean from the MKII tot he Little dot 1+ I thought the bass was a big difference so going from the MKII to the Lyr was like going from the sr80i tot he XB700....okay not THAT drastic but you can piece to gather my impressions. Working on the RS-2 versus the HE-500 now before work.post #87 of 8464/19/12 at 3:50pmpost #88 of 8464/19/12 at 4:14pmThread Starter
I might hold onto the little dot for a while, but the D2000 look might nervous.
UPDATED OP POST WITH HE-500 VERSUS RS-2!post #89 of 8464/19/12 at 4:27pm
That's good to know. By the way the protein leather pads HiFiMan employs are a form of pleather, just a higher grade pleather. It's the same protein leather used in cars, luckily not that cheap stuff that just flakes off over time.post #90 of 8464/19/12 at 4:43pm
It's interesting that these comparisons are pointless to many Grado fans, who will continue to vehemently defend that the Grado sound automatically wins in the audiophile world, because it has more "musicality" than other headphone house sounds.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 46 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Pro" desktop line discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Asgard 1 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...