Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 9:15 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 45post #661 of 8461/18/13 at 1:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 8461/18/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Wow, how do you do that ? :D i hope my hearing isnt damaged alreadypost #663 of 8461/18/13 at 1:46pmThread StarterQuote:
are you running it out of your computer? if so, turn your computers volume all the way up, then turn your amp all the way down....now turn the amp up untill it's listenable.post #664 of 8461/18/13 at 1:51pmpost #665 of 8461/18/13 at 4:48pmpost #666 of 8461/18/13 at 5:24pm
Are you sure you're allowed to say things like this on here???? Sounds kind of naughty.....or is it just my dirty mind????post #667 of 8461/18/13 at 5:33pm
Yeah, it should do fine. Just make sure you have a powerful enough power supply so that you can use the high (6.5x) gain setting without distorting.post #668 of 8461/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
It's very naughty. He forgot to put an apostrophe between "b" and "s" in "knob's". It doesn't get much naughtier than that.post #669 of 8461/18/13 at 6:43pmpost #670 of 8461/18/13 at 6:46pmpost #671 of 8461/19/13 at 6:47amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Musiclife, you could create a new playlist e.g. with the name of the date and drag all your new files in there.
post #672 of 8461/20/13 at 1:13pmQuote:Yep my source is turned all the way up.
And I hope I am not losing my hearing!post #673 of 8461/20/13 at 4:21pmThread StarterQuote:
if you have it up that loud...and it's not painful to listen to...I got bad news for you buddy.post #674 of 8461/20/13 at 5:24pmpost #675 of 8461/20/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
I have an iMac, Bifrost/Lyr combo + the 500's and normally run between 9 and 10:30 depending on the recording.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 25 seconds ago
- › W3 VERSUS W30 - - EXCITING NEWS! 37 seconds ago
- › BEST TIPS FOR IEMS ARE??? 1 minute ago
- › Perfect Seal CIEM Demo Tour - TENTATIVE 1 minute ago
- › Need headphone and AMP/DAC recommendation for DnB,Dubstep and EDM... 2 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Bowers & Wilkins P7 EARPADS 5 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3