Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Today at 9:00 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 45post #661 of 8461/18/13 at 1:05pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 8461/18/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Wow, how do you do that ? :D i hope my hearing isnt damaged alreadypost #663 of 8461/18/13 at 1:46pmThread StarterQuote:
are you running it out of your computer? if so, turn your computers volume all the way up, then turn your amp all the way down....now turn the amp up untill it's listenable.post #664 of 8461/18/13 at 1:51pmpost #665 of 8461/18/13 at 4:48pmpost #666 of 8461/18/13 at 5:24pm
Are you sure you're allowed to say things like this on here???? Sounds kind of naughty.....or is it just my dirty mind????post #667 of 8461/18/13 at 5:33pm
Yeah, it should do fine. Just make sure you have a powerful enough power supply so that you can use the high (6.5x) gain setting without distorting.post #668 of 8461/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
It's very naughty. He forgot to put an apostrophe between "b" and "s" in "knob's". It doesn't get much naughtier than that.post #669 of 8461/18/13 at 6:43pmpost #670 of 8461/18/13 at 6:46pmpost #671 of 8461/19/13 at 6:47amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Musiclife, you could create a new playlist e.g. with the name of the date and drag all your new files in there.
post #672 of 8461/20/13 at 1:13pmQuote:Yep my source is turned all the way up.
And I hope I am not losing my hearing!post #673 of 8461/20/13 at 4:21pmThread StarterQuote:
if you have it up that loud...and it's not painful to listen to...I got bad news for you buddy.post #674 of 8461/20/13 at 5:24pmpost #675 of 8461/20/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
I have an iMac, Bifrost/Lyr combo + the 500's and normally run between 9 and 10:30 depending on the recording.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 1 minute ago
- › Torpedo III Build Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Dragonfly black USB head wiggles? 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...