Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 12:35 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 45
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 8461/18/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
Wow, how do you do that ? :D i hope my hearing isnt damaged alreadypost #663 of 8461/18/13 at 1:46pmThread StarterQuote:
are you running it out of your computer? if so, turn your computers volume all the way up, then turn your amp all the way down....now turn the amp up untill it's listenable.post #664 of 8461/18/13 at 1:51pmpost #665 of 8461/18/13 at 4:48pmpost #666 of 8461/18/13 at 5:24pm
Are you sure you're allowed to say things like this on here???? Sounds kind of naughty.....or is it just my dirty mind????post #667 of 8461/18/13 at 5:33pm
Yeah, it should do fine. Just make sure you have a powerful enough power supply so that you can use the high (6.5x) gain setting without distorting.post #668 of 8461/18/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
It's very naughty. He forgot to put an apostrophe between "b" and "s" in "knob's". It doesn't get much naughtier than that.post #669 of 8461/18/13 at 6:43pmpost #670 of 8461/18/13 at 6:46pmpost #671 of 8461/19/13 at 6:47amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Musiclife, you could create a new playlist e.g. with the name of the date and drag all your new files in there.
post #672 of 8461/20/13 at 1:13pmQuote:Yep my source is turned all the way up.
And I hope I am not losing my hearing!post #673 of 8461/20/13 at 4:21pmThread StarterQuote:
if you have it up that loud...and it's not painful to listen to...I got bad news for you buddy.post #674 of 8461/20/13 at 5:24pmpost #675 of 8461/20/13 at 10:58pmQuote:
I have an iMac, Bifrost/Lyr combo + the 500's and normally run between 9 and 10:30 depending on the recording.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2