About the same for me. I have to do more listening to really tell. So if I couldn't tell right off the bat. Then it's works for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 4/17/17 at 9:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 44post #646 of 8461/1/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 8461/1/13 at 1:04pmpost #648 of 8461/2/13 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
Check these out.
Thanks for sharing the link / information. The only immediate issue that I notice is how far down the mini XLR connector hangs with the cup mod. I do remember where other members were asking for an angled XLR connection, similar to what is used on the Audeze (recent versions.) However, the options on the linked site are truly a way create a custom HifiMAN that is somewhat unique. Nice.
However, when I see the Fostex / Paradox offerings, I cringe when their price gets up above $600.00. While I like the Fostex modified headphones, I don't like them that much where I'd spend that kind of dough on them. Tweaking and applying mods to them is nice, but there are so many more headphones I'd rather have when it comes to listening enjoyment.post #649 of 8461/10/13 at 2:16ampost #650 of 8461/11/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Those are He-6. and they are mines, all mines. :-)post #651 of 8461/12/13 at 2:44ampost #652 of 8461/12/13 at 8:38am
So I may be crazy, but during burn in did anyone's HE500 get brighter, I ran the cans over night on pink noise, and I almost swear they are bit more shouty/edgy today then yesterday, could be in my head, just thought I would pick others brains.post #653 of 8461/12/13 at 9:02am
That strange, just the opposite i find my HE500 out of the box is very bright, the treble is pretty forward reminds me a lot of DT880/600 ohm but not as forward as the mids (vocal), and the bass is good but not to tight though. After 2-3 days of use (normal use no weird noise used) the sound becomes more balanced, the treble is began to take a step back and began to sound more natural, the mids starting to open up, and the bass start to tighten up and start to extends deep
Now my HE-500 is the most balance sounding headphone in my listpost #654 of 8461/12/13 at 9:19am
It could be in my head, they were anything but bright to me out of the box, so smooth I actually didn't like the sound for about 30 min while I adjusted, but I am coming from a Magnum/Grado tonal balance.post #655 of 8461/18/13 at 10:14am
Quick question for anyone that is using just the Lyr and the HE-500, how far is your volume knob?
Mine is about in the 1pm-2pm range, is that normal? Quieter recordings I do turn it up a bit more. I just want to make sure I don't have a faulty Lyr.post #656 of 8461/18/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I think I'm closer to 10-11 o'clock, but I'll have to wait until I get home from work to double check. Could just be the difference in the level of our respective inputspost #657 of 8461/18/13 at 11:04ampost #658 of 8461/18/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Edited by musiclife - 1/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #659 of 8461/18/13 at 11:56ampost #660 of 8461/18/13 at 12:21pmThread Starter
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 24 seconds ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 47 seconds ago
- › Mytek Brooklyn 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear