About the same for me. I have to do more listening to really tell. So if I couldn't tell right off the bat. Then it's works for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 5/14/16 at 11:55am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 44post #646 of 8461/1/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 8461/1/13 at 1:04pmpost #648 of 8461/2/13 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
Check these out.
Thanks for sharing the link / information. The only immediate issue that I notice is how far down the mini XLR connector hangs with the cup mod. I do remember where other members were asking for an angled XLR connection, similar to what is used on the Audeze (recent versions.) However, the options on the linked site are truly a way create a custom HifiMAN that is somewhat unique. Nice.
However, when I see the Fostex / Paradox offerings, I cringe when their price gets up above $600.00. While I like the Fostex modified headphones, I don't like them that much where I'd spend that kind of dough on them. Tweaking and applying mods to them is nice, but there are so many more headphones I'd rather have when it comes to listening enjoyment.post #649 of 8461/10/13 at 2:16ampost #650 of 8461/11/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Those are He-6. and they are mines, all mines. :-)post #651 of 8461/12/13 at 2:44ampost #652 of 8461/12/13 at 8:38am
So I may be crazy, but during burn in did anyone's HE500 get brighter, I ran the cans over night on pink noise, and I almost swear they are bit more shouty/edgy today then yesterday, could be in my head, just thought I would pick others brains.post #653 of 8461/12/13 at 9:02am
That strange, just the opposite i find my HE500 out of the box is very bright, the treble is pretty forward reminds me a lot of DT880/600 ohm but not as forward as the mids (vocal), and the bass is good but not to tight though. After 2-3 days of use (normal use no weird noise used) the sound becomes more balanced, the treble is began to take a step back and began to sound more natural, the mids starting to open up, and the bass start to tighten up and start to extends deep
Now my HE-500 is the most balance sounding headphone in my listpost #654 of 8461/12/13 at 9:19am
It could be in my head, they were anything but bright to me out of the box, so smooth I actually didn't like the sound for about 30 min while I adjusted, but I am coming from a Magnum/Grado tonal balance.post #655 of 8461/18/13 at 10:14am
Quick question for anyone that is using just the Lyr and the HE-500, how far is your volume knob?
Mine is about in the 1pm-2pm range, is that normal? Quieter recordings I do turn it up a bit more. I just want to make sure I don't have a faulty Lyr.post #656 of 8461/18/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I think I'm closer to 10-11 o'clock, but I'll have to wait until I get home from work to double check. Could just be the difference in the level of our respective inputspost #657 of 8461/18/13 at 11:04ampost #658 of 8461/18/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Edited by musiclife - 1/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #659 of 8461/18/13 at 11:56ampost #660 of 8461/18/13 at 12:21pmThread Starter
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze LCD-4 53 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Comparison of 5 High End Digital Music Servers - Aurender... 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › car-fi 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Which Music-Player : Jplay or Jriver? 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 3 minutes ago
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...