About the same for me. I have to do more listening to really tell. So if I couldn't tell right off the bat. Then it's works for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Today at 5:11 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 44post #646 of 8461/1/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 8461/1/13 at 1:04pmpost #648 of 8461/2/13 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
Check these out.
Thanks for sharing the link / information. The only immediate issue that I notice is how far down the mini XLR connector hangs with the cup mod. I do remember where other members were asking for an angled XLR connection, similar to what is used on the Audeze (recent versions.) However, the options on the linked site are truly a way create a custom HifiMAN that is somewhat unique. Nice.
However, when I see the Fostex / Paradox offerings, I cringe when their price gets up above $600.00. While I like the Fostex modified headphones, I don't like them that much where I'd spend that kind of dough on them. Tweaking and applying mods to them is nice, but there are so many more headphones I'd rather have when it comes to listening enjoyment.post #649 of 8461/10/13 at 2:16ampost #650 of 8461/11/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Those are He-6. and they are mines, all mines. :-)post #651 of 8461/12/13 at 2:44ampost #652 of 8461/12/13 at 8:38am
So I may be crazy, but during burn in did anyone's HE500 get brighter, I ran the cans over night on pink noise, and I almost swear they are bit more shouty/edgy today then yesterday, could be in my head, just thought I would pick others brains.post #653 of 8461/12/13 at 9:02am
That strange, just the opposite i find my HE500 out of the box is very bright, the treble is pretty forward reminds me a lot of DT880/600 ohm but not as forward as the mids (vocal), and the bass is good but not to tight though. After 2-3 days of use (normal use no weird noise used) the sound becomes more balanced, the treble is began to take a step back and began to sound more natural, the mids starting to open up, and the bass start to tighten up and start to extends deep
Now my HE-500 is the most balance sounding headphone in my listpost #654 of 8461/12/13 at 9:19am
It could be in my head, they were anything but bright to me out of the box, so smooth I actually didn't like the sound for about 30 min while I adjusted, but I am coming from a Magnum/Grado tonal balance.post #655 of 8461/18/13 at 10:14am
Quick question for anyone that is using just the Lyr and the HE-500, how far is your volume knob?
Mine is about in the 1pm-2pm range, is that normal? Quieter recordings I do turn it up a bit more. I just want to make sure I don't have a faulty Lyr.post #656 of 8461/18/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I think I'm closer to 10-11 o'clock, but I'll have to wait until I get home from work to double check. Could just be the difference in the level of our respective inputspost #657 of 8461/18/13 at 11:04ampost #658 of 8461/18/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Edited by musiclife - 1/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #659 of 8461/18/13 at 11:56ampost #660 of 8461/18/13 at 12:21pmThread Starter
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 35 seconds ago
- › Planning to get the Asus Xonar Essence STX II 7.1 with Senn HD600... 42 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Jplay anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)