About the same for me. I have to do more listening to really tell. So if I couldn't tell right off the bat. Then it's works for me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 9/19/16 at 9:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 44post #646 of 8461/1/13 at 1:02pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 8461/1/13 at 1:04pmpost #648 of 8461/2/13 at 5:04amQuote:Originally Posted by preproman
Check these out.
Thanks for sharing the link / information. The only immediate issue that I notice is how far down the mini XLR connector hangs with the cup mod. I do remember where other members were asking for an angled XLR connection, similar to what is used on the Audeze (recent versions.) However, the options on the linked site are truly a way create a custom HifiMAN that is somewhat unique. Nice.
However, when I see the Fostex / Paradox offerings, I cringe when their price gets up above $600.00. While I like the Fostex modified headphones, I don't like them that much where I'd spend that kind of dough on them. Tweaking and applying mods to them is nice, but there are so many more headphones I'd rather have when it comes to listening enjoyment.post #649 of 8461/10/13 at 2:16ampost #650 of 8461/11/13 at 8:52pmQuote:
Those are He-6. and they are mines, all mines. :-)post #651 of 8461/12/13 at 2:44ampost #652 of 8461/12/13 at 8:38am
So I may be crazy, but during burn in did anyone's HE500 get brighter, I ran the cans over night on pink noise, and I almost swear they are bit more shouty/edgy today then yesterday, could be in my head, just thought I would pick others brains.post #653 of 8461/12/13 at 9:02am
That strange, just the opposite i find my HE500 out of the box is very bright, the treble is pretty forward reminds me a lot of DT880/600 ohm but not as forward as the mids (vocal), and the bass is good but not to tight though. After 2-3 days of use (normal use no weird noise used) the sound becomes more balanced, the treble is began to take a step back and began to sound more natural, the mids starting to open up, and the bass start to tighten up and start to extends deep
Now my HE-500 is the most balance sounding headphone in my listpost #654 of 8461/12/13 at 9:19am
It could be in my head, they were anything but bright to me out of the box, so smooth I actually didn't like the sound for about 30 min while I adjusted, but I am coming from a Magnum/Grado tonal balance.post #655 of 8461/18/13 at 10:14am
Quick question for anyone that is using just the Lyr and the HE-500, how far is your volume knob?
Mine is about in the 1pm-2pm range, is that normal? Quieter recordings I do turn it up a bit more. I just want to make sure I don't have a faulty Lyr.post #656 of 8461/18/13 at 10:39amQuote:
I think I'm closer to 10-11 o'clock, but I'll have to wait until I get home from work to double check. Could just be the difference in the level of our respective inputspost #657 of 8461/18/13 at 11:04ampost #658 of 8461/18/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I installed foobar2000 because I kept hearing about it. I have to admit it is very modular. But I couldn't use it for ONE reason : you can class the files by date created. So when im downloading new music on 1 big folder, I cannot listen to the latest easily. NB: its really date created that works, and not date modified or added, because these 2 get written when importing files so are not reliable.
Edited by musiclife - 1/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #659 of 8461/18/13 at 11:56ampost #660 of 8461/18/13 at 12:21pmThread Starter
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I tried several headphones .. A bit discouraged, I am looking very... 2 minutes ago
- › High End Universal IEM's Comparison Table (K10, Layla, Oriolus,... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio SXC 24 iem cable 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 4 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...