Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 35

post #511 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJoMax View Post

Yea, just change the position of the tubes, and now all the white noise gone! gs1000.gif

 

Nice, glad to hear you got the problem resolved and can now enjoy them!

beerchug.gif

post #512 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoday View Post

 

Nice, glad to hear you got the problem resolved and can now enjoy them!

beerchug.gif

Oh yea man! Love it a lot!! i believe it will shine even more after burn in!

post #513 of 846

I have only had mine a week so I cant comment on the burn in. 

post #514 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmoday View Post

I have only had mine a week so I cant comment on the burn in. 

Brain burn-in always has a dramatic effect on the perceived sound quality biggrin.gif

post #515 of 846

lol~ sad but true~

post #516 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJoMax View Post

Yea, just change the position of the tubes, and now all the white noise gone! gs1000.gif

Congrats! And enjoy! beerchug.gif

post #517 of 846

Have asked around but received no reply.....Does anyone have any recommendations for a headband cushion which fits the he-500? Thanks...
 

post #518 of 846

http://www.head-fi.org/t/635480/simple-but-successful-mod-on-he-400s

 

Could give this a shot, I believe he cut square holes into the leather so he could attach the velcro directly to the metal. Ill be doing this once i get my he-500's. I have a pair of hd600's and the headband(while it wont be the exact same) is nice and soft.

post #519 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJoMax View Post

Oh yea man! Love it a lot!! i believe it will shine even more after burn in!

Ignore the none believers regarding burn in ;)

 

Mine sounded congested and boxy to begin with, compared to my old 650's. A week or two later they really opened up. Then I couldn't listen to my 650's anymore..   

 

Congrats and enjoy!  

post #520 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Ignore the none believers regarding burn in ;)

 

Mine sounded congested and boxy to begin with, compared to my old 650's. A week or two later they really opened up. Then I couldn't listen to my 650's anymore..   

 

Congrats and enjoy!  

Tube rolling will start very soon~

post #521 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

I bought the Silver/Copper job from Toxic. I noticed a difference in sound instantly. The sound was a little thinner and harder with the stock silver cable.

 

1000

btw, how does the new upgrade cable sound like now?

post #522 of 846

I´m hearing quite a bit of noise, can that be caused by the Headphones itself? 

Also currently I´m using them out of a Macbook which goes into my Lyr, so will adding a dac solve my problem ?

post #523 of 846

It's most likely the Lyr amplifying the sound coming out of the macbook so much that it's even amplifying the electronic noise within it.  A dac will most likely resolve the issue.

post #524 of 846

Thx for your fast answer 

post #525 of 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by chips View Post

Have asked around but received no reply.....Does anyone have any recommendations for a headband cushion which fits the he-500? Thanks...

 

Just got my headband cushion pad delivered...it goes over the hifiman headband..and has clicks on top to fix it..be carefull not to use to much strenght on the clickons..as they tend to break..so be carefull to put it on..but no holes needed.and boy..how soft it feels now... biggrin.gif .and it was only 13 dollars i think..perfect investment for my headphones. Its from audioequip.com ..and they sell on ebay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › HE-500 Review and Shoot out.