I think they are roughly equal. Maybe a slight nod to the HE400 because it is louder and more articulate. The HE500 is softer in comparison.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Today at 4:56 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 29post #421 of 84611/5/12 at 9:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 84611/5/12 at 9:33pmpost #423 of 84611/5/12 at 9:35pm
Nothing really comes close to the Audeze's rending of low bass power. More volume yes on the HE400. More powerful tsunami thing going on with the LCD2. I wish the LCD2r3 were $700.post #424 of 84611/5/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Purrin, did you get a chance to hear the Audeze closed back cans? Those could be very interesting.post #425 of 84611/5/12 at 9:39pmpost #426 of 84611/5/12 at 9:42pmQuote:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of price range they release them for.
I thought they were ok for what they were and could fit in under the LCD-2 price.
But I'm afraid of them releasing at something stupid like $2k.post #427 of 84611/5/12 at 9:44pmpost #428 of 84611/5/12 at 9:47pmpost #429 of 84611/5/12 at 9:58pm
No, I think by then, people will want to jump on this:
$1399 is nothing. Only losers get $1399 headphones. Stuff priced at $5000 garners much more interest. We all know winners get $5000 headphones, and get hookers lady friends to wear them. In addition, one could get one of these interconnects
from the same company for $3500 to fully complete the package.
Edited by purrin - 11/5/12 at 10:00pmpost #430 of 84611/5/12 at 10:02pmpost #431 of 84611/5/12 at 10:11pmpost #432 of 84611/5/12 at 10:19pm
It's not like it was bad or anything. but for $5k, it wasn't an LCD-3 nor an SR-009. It was fast and airy though.
I might gripe about the Stax not being visceral, they make up for it in details. The Abyss did none of this.
But like the Audeze it's in prototype..post #433 of 84611/5/12 at 10:27pmpost #434 of 84611/5/12 at 10:33pm
Of course not. The Audeze closed back is what I was referring to
Though I believe you specifically could argue they should be. Referring to your comments about the LCD-3 being veiled, then unveiled, and veiling over time.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 35 seconds ago
- › New iRiver AK70 42 seconds ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 3 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...