I think they are roughly equal. Maybe a slight nod to the HE400 because it is louder and more articulate. The HE500 is softer in comparison.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 7/29/15 at 5:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 29post #421 of 84611/5/12 at 9:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 84611/5/12 at 9:33pmpost #423 of 84611/5/12 at 9:35pm
Nothing really comes close to the Audeze's rending of low bass power. More volume yes on the HE400. More powerful tsunami thing going on with the LCD2. I wish the LCD2r3 were $700.post #424 of 84611/5/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Purrin, did you get a chance to hear the Audeze closed back cans? Those could be very interesting.post #425 of 84611/5/12 at 9:39pmpost #426 of 84611/5/12 at 9:42pmQuote:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of price range they release them for.
I thought they were ok for what they were and could fit in under the LCD-2 price.
But I'm afraid of them releasing at something stupid like $2k.post #427 of 84611/5/12 at 9:44pmpost #428 of 84611/5/12 at 9:47pmpost #429 of 84611/5/12 at 9:58pm
No, I think by then, people will want to jump on this:
$1399 is nothing. Only losers get $1399 headphones. Stuff priced at $5000 garners much more interest. We all know winners get $5000 headphones, and get hookers lady friends to wear them. In addition, one could get one of these interconnects
from the same company for $3500 to fully complete the package.
Edited by purrin - 11/5/12 at 10:00pmpost #430 of 84611/5/12 at 10:02pmpost #431 of 84611/5/12 at 10:11pmpost #432 of 84611/5/12 at 10:19pm
It's not like it was bad or anything. but for $5k, it wasn't an LCD-3 nor an SR-009. It was fast and airy though.
I might gripe about the Stax not being visceral, they make up for it in details. The Abyss did none of this.
But like the Audeze it's in prototype..post #433 of 84611/5/12 at 10:27pmpost #434 of 84611/5/12 at 10:33pm
Of course not. The Audeze closed back is what I was referring to
Though I believe you specifically could argue they should be. Referring to your comments about the LCD-3 being veiled, then unveiled, and veiling over time.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Over-Ear Headphones 42 seconds ago
- › I've commited a crime... knifed the K701's. 44 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser G4me Zero and Xbox One/PS4--Good amp to use? 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › K701 thread 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3