I think they are roughly equal. Maybe a slight nod to the HE400 because it is louder and more articulate. The HE500 is softer in comparison.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 11/20/14 at 8:33pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 29post #421 of 84611/5/12 at 9:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 84611/5/12 at 9:33pmpost #423 of 84611/5/12 at 9:35pm
Nothing really comes close to the Audeze's rending of low bass power. More volume yes on the HE400. More powerful tsunami thing going on with the LCD2. I wish the LCD2r3 were $700.post #424 of 84611/5/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Purrin, did you get a chance to hear the Audeze closed back cans? Those could be very interesting.post #425 of 84611/5/12 at 9:39pmpost #426 of 84611/5/12 at 9:42pmQuote:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of price range they release them for.
I thought they were ok for what they were and could fit in under the LCD-2 price.
But I'm afraid of them releasing at something stupid like $2k.post #427 of 84611/5/12 at 9:44pmpost #428 of 84611/5/12 at 9:47pmpost #429 of 84611/5/12 at 9:58pm
No, I think by then, people will want to jump on this:
$1399 is nothing. Only losers get $1399 headphones. Stuff priced at $5000 garners much more interest. We all know winners get $5000 headphones, and get hookers lady friends to wear them. In addition, one could get one of these interconnects
from the same company for $3500 to fully complete the package.
Edited by purrin - 11/5/12 at 10:00pmpost #430 of 84611/5/12 at 10:02pmpost #431 of 84611/5/12 at 10:11pmpost #432 of 84611/5/12 at 10:19pm
It's not like it was bad or anything. but for $5k, it wasn't an LCD-3 nor an SR-009. It was fast and airy though.
I might gripe about the Stax not being visceral, they make up for it in details. The Abyss did none of this.
But like the Audeze it's in prototype..post #433 of 84611/5/12 at 10:27pmpost #434 of 84611/5/12 at 10:33pm
Of course not. The Audeze closed back is what I was referring to
Though I believe you specifically could argue they should be. Referring to your comments about the LCD-3 being veiled, then unveiled, and veiling over time.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FiiO X5 proposed new functionality: add whole folders to playlist;... 50 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Art Club 3 minutes ago
- › Need High Quality Headphones For Gaming. $200 or less 4 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 minutes ago
- › Replacing Sennheiser PC 360 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)