I think they are roughly equal. Maybe a slight nod to the HE400 because it is louder and more articulate. The HE500 is softer in comparison.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on Yesterday at 6:52 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 29post #421 of 84611/5/12 at 9:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 84611/5/12 at 9:33pmpost #423 of 84611/5/12 at 9:35pm
Nothing really comes close to the Audeze's rending of low bass power. More volume yes on the HE400. More powerful tsunami thing going on with the LCD2. I wish the LCD2r3 were $700.post #424 of 84611/5/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Purrin, did you get a chance to hear the Audeze closed back cans? Those could be very interesting.post #425 of 84611/5/12 at 9:39pmpost #426 of 84611/5/12 at 9:42pmQuote:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of price range they release them for.
I thought they were ok for what they were and could fit in under the LCD-2 price.
But I'm afraid of them releasing at something stupid like $2k.post #427 of 84611/5/12 at 9:44pmpost #428 of 84611/5/12 at 9:47pmpost #429 of 84611/5/12 at 9:58pm
No, I think by then, people will want to jump on this:
$1399 is nothing. Only losers get $1399 headphones. Stuff priced at $5000 garners much more interest. We all know winners get $5000 headphones, and get hookers lady friends to wear them. In addition, one could get one of these interconnects
from the same company for $3500 to fully complete the package.
Edited by purrin - 11/5/12 at 10:00pmpost #430 of 84611/5/12 at 10:02pmpost #431 of 84611/5/12 at 10:11pmpost #432 of 84611/5/12 at 10:19pm
It's not like it was bad or anything. but for $5k, it wasn't an LCD-3 nor an SR-009. It was fast and airy though.
I might gripe about the Stax not being visceral, they make up for it in details. The Abyss did none of this.
But like the Audeze it's in prototype..post #433 of 84611/5/12 at 10:27pmpost #434 of 84611/5/12 at 10:33pm
Of course not. The Audeze closed back is what I was referring to
Though I believe you specifically could argue they should be. Referring to your comments about the LCD-3 being veiled, then unveiled, and veiling over time.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 26 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Adapt Sound for Android (Especially Google PIXEL) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lots of Audio Technica headphones for sale and a few others (Prices... 6 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog DAC? (Review p3) 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...