I think they are roughly equal. Maybe a slight nod to the HE400 because it is louder and more articulate. The HE500 is softer in comparison.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productGrado Reference RS2 Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 4/18/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSchiit Audio Bifrost DACtagged by System, 4/18/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 4/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones that play great WITHOUT expensive audio system Last post on 6/23/13 at 8:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones+DAC setup 2000USD Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions Last post on 4/23/15 at 1:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Headphone + AMP and DAC for Metal and Electronic Last post on 12/1/12 at 7:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones + amp + DAC ~$2500 Last post on 7/11/13 at 4:47am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 4/13/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
HE-500 Review and Shoot out. - Page 29post #421 of 84611/5/12 at 9:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #422 of 84611/5/12 at 9:33pmpost #423 of 84611/5/12 at 9:35pm
Nothing really comes close to the Audeze's rending of low bass power. More volume yes on the HE400. More powerful tsunami thing going on with the LCD2. I wish the LCD2r3 were $700.post #424 of 84611/5/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
Purrin, did you get a chance to hear the Audeze closed back cans? Those could be very interesting.post #425 of 84611/5/12 at 9:39pmpost #426 of 84611/5/12 at 9:42pmQuote:
It'll be interesting to see what kind of price range they release them for.
I thought they were ok for what they were and could fit in under the LCD-2 price.
But I'm afraid of them releasing at something stupid like $2k.post #427 of 84611/5/12 at 9:44pmpost #428 of 84611/5/12 at 9:47pmpost #429 of 84611/5/12 at 9:58pm
No, I think by then, people will want to jump on this:
$1399 is nothing. Only losers get $1399 headphones. Stuff priced at $5000 garners much more interest. We all know winners get $5000 headphones, and get hookers lady friends to wear them. In addition, one could get one of these interconnects
from the same company for $3500 to fully complete the package.
Edited by purrin - 11/5/12 at 10:00pmpost #430 of 84611/5/12 at 10:02pmpost #431 of 84611/5/12 at 10:11pmpost #432 of 84611/5/12 at 10:19pm
It's not like it was bad or anything. but for $5k, it wasn't an LCD-3 nor an SR-009. It was fast and airy though.
I might gripe about the Stax not being visceral, they make up for it in details. The Abyss did none of this.
But like the Audeze it's in prototype..post #433 of 84611/5/12 at 10:27pmpost #434 of 84611/5/12 at 10:33pm
Of course not. The Audeze closed back is what I was referring to
Though I believe you specifically could argue they should be. Referring to your comments about the LCD-3 being veiled, then unveiled, and veiling over time.
- HE-500 Review and Shoot out.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 20 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 57 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 4 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 8 minutes ago
- › SOTA Satellite w/ Magnepan Unitrac I Tonearm 8 minutes ago
- › Destiny 8 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2