or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Flat cable with inline mic and 3 button control for custom IEM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flat cable with inline mic and 3 button control for custom IEM - Page 2

post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post




You are making way too many assumptions...  Remote and mics will work with all devices.  Many phones use the same wiring as iDevices (many LG, Nokia, HTC, Samsung for example), this means that the remote and mic will work with those phones as well.  The volume control may not work as advertised (for example, on newer Samsungs, the volume up will reroute to the next function while the volume down goes to previous).  The center button will work though.  It works on Blackberry as well. 

 

NOTE: the function of the center button may only function partially if the manufacturer set it up that way.  My LG dumbphone (most smartphones function fine) and older Blackberries (IDK about newer ones) will not have media control with the remote but can answer the phone. 

 

It's not purely iDevice; in fact, remote and mics have been around way before the iPhone, they just weren't used for controlling media and only used to answer the phone.  Heck, my mom's old SLVR had a functional remote and mic (through USB mini).



Yes, but you got to understand I don't use my phone for music listening, only my dedicated portable Walkman mp3. So the remote and mic is technically useless for me.

post #17 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post




You are making way too many assumptions...  Remote and mics will work with all devices.  Many phones use the same wiring as iDevices (many LG, Nokia, HTC, Samsung for example), this means that the remote and mic will work with those phones as well.  The volume control may not work as advertised (for example, on newer Samsungs, the volume up will reroute to the next function while the volume down goes to previous).  The center button will work though.  It works on Blackberry as well. 

 

NOTE: the function of the center button may only function partially if the manufacturer set it up that way.  My LG dumbphone (most smartphones function fine) and older Blackberries (IDK about newer ones) will not have media control with the remote but can answer the phone. 

 

It's not purely iDevice; in fact, remote and mics have been around way before the iPhone, they just weren't used for controlling media and only used to answer the phone.  Heck, my mom's old SLVR had a functional remote and mic (through USB mini).



Yes, but you got to understand I don't use my phone for music listening, only my dedicated portable Walkman mp3. So the remote and mic is technically useless for me.


It may be useless for you, but it isn't for everyone. Lots of people can, and will want to take advantage of this feature. It makes life easier.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


It may be useless for you, but it isn't for everyone. Lots of people can, and will want to take advantage of this feature. It makes life easier.

Well, i do like something that looks pure, so the inline mic doesn't look good to me. And what I know is that I wouldn't want a K3003 with the mic. It will just get in the way.
 

 

post #19 of 23

Bumping a dying, and kind of cranky thread - I DO want to use my customs with my iPhone, and I want to be able to take a call if one comes in, without digging the iem out of my ear to do so.

 

SO ....  Has anyone tried one of these, and specifically with the iPhone 4S?

post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamefford View Post

Bumping a dying, and kind of cranky thread - I DO want to use my customs with my iPhone, and I want to be able to take a call if one comes in, without digging the iem out of my ear to do so.

 

SO ....  Has anyone tried one of these, and specifically with the iPhone 4S?


Avoid the EPIC MICS cable. It's not entirely compatible with the 4/4S


Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message tongue.gif
post #21 of 23
Id like to revive this. Also looking for this solution.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to use you CIEM on your phone. Life's already too complicated to carry multiple devices and multiple headphones. Should I pull out a new headset if someone interrupts my listening?
Any other minimalists out there with a solution?
post #22 of 23

JH Audio has a cable with mic :

 

http://www.jhaudio.com/product/mic-cable-smart-phone

 

post #23 of 23

Double Helix Cables offers the option with mic&remote for $30 extra

Any other alternatives besides the aforementioned?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Flat cable with inline mic and 3 button control for custom IEM