I do not like that FR chart, wish I didn't see it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCardastagged by System, 4/9/12
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Cardas Ear Speakers EM5813 Model 1 Last post on 8/1/15 at 6:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (final price drop)JPS power AC+,Cardas Clear USB,CH800S, all fees included Last post on 2/3/15 at 12:33am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- Cardas EM5813 Ear Speakers Now Available Last post on 11/10/15 at 3:02am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB Cable popularity check Last post on 7/8/16 at 8:52am in Dedicated Source Components
- Cardas Audio Introduces The Cardas Clarifier iPhone App Last post on 4/5/13 at 3:37pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait! - Page 6
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
This is well known technology. The Navy Seals have been secretly bending their rifle barrels into this shape for decades. It makes them completely silent (because the sound waves are emitted in a spiral thus never touching the inner ear membranes) and shots hit their mark with stunning accurancy.
Steve Guttenberg recently reviewed the EM5813 Ear Speakers. He says nice things about them, including that they flatter every genre of music.
I know, right?
Given the FR curves, you might just think a review would simply say, "these are very warm earphones." And they do go big with the bass, but he likes it that way... because of the way it is implemented. So obviously not a "neutral" implementation. Further these come with two set of tips, one of which (the blue ones) serves to reduce the bass -- but he sticks with the bass-heavy white tips.
What I enjoyed most is his comparison between these and the $1,099 Jerry Harvey JH13's. The JH13s give reference-level accuracy.... but it does seem he's fallen in love with the Cardas.
Interesting. In any event, his description certainly keeps them on my interest list.
I do wonder if we could get these Oregonians up to a Seattle headphone meet sometime. That would be grand.
Well first of all I want to thank you all for your patience.
The Cardas Audio EM5813 Model 1 Ear Speakers have been released and are shipping to Fine Cardas Audio Dealers everywhere this week. We are very pleased with the results and we are not alone. Steve G reviewed them for CNET this weekend.
Headfi Image.jpg 61k .jpg file
Below is the Press release that went out today:
Ear Speakers from Cardas Audio Now Available
Bandon, OR—June 24, 2013—After four years of research and development encompassing every part of the human hearing system, high-end cable manufacturer Cardas Audio has introduced an In-Ear Monitor (IEM) experience like no other that delivers transfixing musicality. After all, seeking to help talented musicians bring their art to the world accurately has been the driving force in Georges’ life, and the reason Cardas Audio was founded over 25 years ago. The EM5813 Ear Speakers are available now worldwide.
The human hearing system, musical chords, and the Cardas Audio EM5813 Ear Speakers are reflections of the Golden Ratio - closely related to the Fibonacci Sequence - George Cardas has based his cable and microphone designs on this age old mathematical sequence that naturally occurrs in nature, architecture, and art.
The EM5813 Ear Speakers mirror the human cochlea, and tympanic membrane, and the shape of the elegant copper plated brass body has been designed to work in symphony with the human hearing system. All the parts that make up the custom designed drivers are machined from proprietary solid bar stock metals in California. And all drivers are hand matched on each pair of Ear Speakers.
The Ear Speaker cable is made from Clear Light Headphone Cable, which is a miniature version of the Cardas Audio Clear cable, also made in California, using proprietary Cardas copper. A custom designed ultra-thin ear tip that ensures a precise and comfortable fit has been created by company founder George Cardas.
To view an animation detailing the design of the EM5813 Ear Speakers, please visit:
Availability: Now shipping
Suggested Retail Price: USD $425.00/each
About Cardas Audio
Since 1987, Cardas Audio has been manufacturing premium audio cables and component parts using ultra-pure materials, innovative Golden Ratio resonance control techniques and uniquely insightful solutions to transmission line problems. The legendary connections and craftsmanship at Cardas reflect George’s pursuit of perfection to this day.
They came in today. The box has been pictured; it's very nice and understated, like the leather carry bag that comes with them. I agree that the provided eartips leave a lot to be desired. There are two identical pairs of double flanged silicone tips, in clear and sky blue. I don't think it one size fits all as much as Cardas is deciding that their customers know what kind of tip works for them and they can't possibly accommodate everybody so screw it we don't play that game. Or something along those lines.
The cable is quite luxurious, but more than a bit unwieldy and surprisingly, really microphonic. If you've handled a Denon D2/5/7000 cable it's very similar in its unwieldiness.
The IEMs themselves are very shiny and have some real heft to them, like fine jewelry. But once in the ears they don't feel heavy, just in the hands.
As far as the sound goes, it was promising but quite dry and underwhelming with the provided eartips. So I dragged out my big box of tips, along with the unopened Monster sampler, and did the same thing that I usually do: pilfer a pair of Sony Hybrids from my backup CK10s and bam!.. done; the box and the sampler will now go back to wherever they came from. The dryness is definitely gone, and the mids have filled out nicely but I will reserve further judgement until I become more accustomed to them.
I will say that they have exceptional ambiance, or soundstage, and that even though I'm not a big burn in guy the provided instructions have some pretty explicit burn in instructions so I will probably give their recommended procedure a shot.
I'm listening to the Ear Speakers out of a PHA-1 with an iPod Classic and a Silver Dragon USB LOD, standard ALAC rips.
Edited by grokit - 7/9/13 at 6:19pm
The bass is definitely there. It's very present and extended and well-textured/detailed, but not as punchy as my FX700. Much smoother I would say, quite different.
edit: They sound pretty good straight out of my Nano as well, but they seriously ramp up with the Sony.
Edited by grokit - 7/9/13 at 8:19pm
- Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › anyone have experience with this? 23 seconds ago
- › What computer speakers to get? 1 minute ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Any good wireless IEM's? 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...