Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait! - Page 19

post #271 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

6 dB at 19 kHz?!?!

Is that for you or your dog...LOL?

Lol, If you tried it, you would see that it's a parametric EQ shelf that extends to 2khz rolleyes.gif
post #272 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


I was hoping no one would ask lol.

There's a lot of detail masking, both because of the FR after 4khz and because of the general liquidity of the sound, it's almost an oiliness that weighs things down and won't wash off. Tonality is pretty off to my ears, especially in the midrange where some vocals almost sound squeaky and muted at the same time. Brass instruments immediately stand out as lacking... brass and crispness. Dynamics are good but bass is surprisingly soft in character for the levels and undermines the rest of it a little. Soundstage is spacious, deeper than wide, and well layered, but the images themselves are pretty fuzzy, albeit generally realistic, and details start to blend between layers (the EQ helps a lot here and you'd hopefully hear what I mean if you try it). There's also a bit of a problem with the layering being uneven, with nearer images being more compressed than those further back, relative to each other.

They're unique but I think there's a general lack of fidelity to back up the uniqueness given their market position.

And the cable I'm not a fan of. When they are pulled out of my ears as I just sit there, yea.


Thank you very much Vwinter, appreciate it.

There's a definite pattern forming from trusted impressions I've gathered regarding this earphone.  

post #273 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Lol, If you tried it, you would see that it's a parametric EQ shelf that extends to 2khz rolleyes.gif

Haha, i saw the q factor... I was just poking fun biggrin.gif
post #274 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

Haha, i saw the q factor... I was just poking fun biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

I don't even know if you own these, but if you do, give it a try and let me know what you think.
post #275 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


Thank you very much Vwinter, appreciate it.


There's a definite pattern forming from trusted impressions I've gathered regarding this earphone.  

Glad to help. There's definitely a variance of opinions on these. I think if you get a grip of what people look for in sound from those that do and don't like them, you'll likely see more overlap.
post #276 of 393

The Cardas EM5813 is great in my opinion. The only problem is that they take an enormous amount of burn in before the reach their true potential. A burn in of 300 hours (at loud but not stupidly loud volume) is not nearly enough for hearing what they are capable of. I have around 500 hours on mine and I'm still hearing improvements. I can recommend using a FM-radio with mini-jack tuned between channels for the purpose.

 

Regards,

VB

post #277 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBen View Post

The Cardas EM5813 is great in my opinion. The only problem is that they take an enormous amount of burn in before the reach their true potential. A burn in of 300 hours (at loud but not stupidly loud volume) is not nearly enough for hearing what they are capable of. I have around 500 hours on mine and I'm still hearing improvements. I can recommend using a FM-radio with mini-jack tuned between channels for the purpose.

Regards,
VB

I can also attest to the above comments...I have found that unlike most of my phones, there was a very large improvement in SQ as the hours accumulated. I am pleased that the changes were for the better rather than for the worse!

Bass has tightened considerably and is more in balance with the rest of the sound spectrum. Highs no longer strike me as recessed, but are also well-balanced and quite true to life. Soundstage has realistic width and excellent perception of depth. I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent. I do think the perform above their price point.

I did, however, find the stock dual-flange tip to be uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal, but using the largest Sony hybrid, the fit is quite secure and the seal is perfect.
post #278 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post


I can also attest to the above comments...I have found that unlike most of my phones, there was a very large improvement in SQ as the hours accumulated. I am pleased that the changes were for the better rather than for the worse!

Bass has tightened considerably and is more in balance with the rest of the sound spectrum. Highs no longer strike me as recessed, but are also well-balanced and quite true to life. Soundstage has realistic width and excellent perception of depth. I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent. I do think the perform above their price point.

I did, however, find the stock dual-flange tip to be uncomfortable and hard to get a good seal, but using the largest Sony hybrid, the fit is quite secure and the seal is perfect.

 

 

it's some people who have spent the least amount of time with this wonderful earphone who seem to have the biggest criticisms. It's a great iem. 


Edited by ericp10 - 11/30/13 at 11:14am
post #279 of 393
Edited out.
Edited by vwinter - 11/30/13 at 11:01am
post #280 of 393
delete

Edited by ericp10 - 11/30/13 at 10:57am
post #281 of 393
My apologies. I felt it was an indirect statement as his was directly after mine. Guess I was wrong. Let me know if you want me to remove my prior post.
post #282 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

My apologies. I felt it was an indirect statement as his was directly after mine. Guess I was wrong. Let me know if you want me to remove my prior post.

 

 

It can stay. lol... You're entitled to your opinion about the Cardas too. Apology accepted. I don't take cheap shots at other people's opinions. I just wanted to make that clear. I'll take my response down now. Happy listening.

post #283 of 393
Cool. Likewise removed.
post #284 of 393

Nicely done gentlemen. You dont see that too often - its refreshing. :smile:

post #285 of 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight View Post

I am running these directly from my DX50 and the synergy seems to be excellent.

Any thoughts on how they sound straight out of the Tera Player?  For some reason I keep looking at them, my wallet would be very happy if you could tell me it's a terrible pairing :etysmile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Cardas Ear Speakers delayed but worth the wait!