Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?] - Page 6

post #76 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post

True, but custom demo sets never really fitted my ears well. Well, it's because universal IEMs are more consumer suited and companies can mass produce it, therefore less problems will be created. The TF10 is meant to be a universal version of the UE10pro, the fit is a little awkward and not so good, however. 


indeed :)
And I was just laughing at the fit of the TF10's :P

Blue bolts lol

 

 

post #77 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


indeed :)
And I was just laughing at the fit of the TF10's :P

Blue bolts lol

 

 



(LOL), but the don't stick out as much as you would think, however, they do really look like some Monitors. 

post #78 of 259

Surely it would be cheaper to go with DBA-02/B2 as they are also very analytical and are a bit cheaper than ER4s, Depends on how tough your gonna want them.....

post #79 of 259

Surely it would be cheaper to go with DBA-02/B2 as they are also very analytical and are a bit cheaper than ER4s, Depends on how tough your gonna want them.....

post #80 of 259

full size then dt48e ezpz.

post #81 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Surely it would be cheaper to go with DBA-02/B2 as they are also very analytical and are a bit cheaper than ER4s, Depends on how tough your gonna want them.....



Thought the DBA-02/B2 has a little annoying treble and sounds pretty tinny and unnatural, even compared to the ER-4. I would suggest the DBA-02MKII, definitely a lot better to my ears. 

post #82 of 259

The B2/DBA-02 doen't sound thin to me. Treble can be a little too bright.

Another option is the RE-0 but that needs an amp to shine and even then, the B2 is a lot better to my ears.

post #83 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post

The B2/DBA-02 doen't sound thin to me. Treble can be a little too bright.

Another option is the RE-0 but that needs an amp to shine and even then, the B2 is a lot better to my ears.



Well, they do sound pretty unnatural and fake to my ears, or maybe it's just me...

post #84 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by s0lar View Post

The B2/DBA-02 doen't sound thin to me. Treble can be a little too bright.

Another option is the RE-0 but that needs an amp to shine and even then, the B2 is a lot better to my ears.



Well, they do sound pretty unnatural and fake to my ears, or maybe it's just me...


I would not say they sound tinny but their are a bit over the top woth brightness at times which can lead to a fake unnatural sound but I think they're the perfect mix of analytical and fun which would be perfect for a parent! Of you says so maybe the mk2 which I'm yet to try!
post #85 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


I would not say they sound tinny but their are a bit over the top woth brightness at times which can lead to a fake unnatural sound but I think they're the perfect mix of analytical and fun which would be perfect for a parent! Of you says so maybe the mk2 which I'm yet to try!


True... they are analytical and sort of "fun" but could lack naturality in return. The MKII definitely sounded more natural to me, a less sparky treble and a more controlled and punchier bass impact. 

post #86 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


I would not say they sound tinny but their are a bit over the top woth brightness at times which can lead to a fake unnatural sound but I think they're the perfect mix of analytical and fun which would be perfect for a parent! Of you says so maybe the mk2 which I'm yet to try!


True... they are analytical and sort of "fun" but could lack naturality in return. The MKII definitely sounded more natural to me, a less sparky treble and a more controlled and punchier bass impact. 


The dba mk2 will have to be a purchase made in the future smily_headphones1.gif well yeh I didn't mean full on fun :P
post #87 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


The dba mk2 will have to be a purchase made in the future smily_headphones1.gif well yeh I didn't mean full on fun :P


Well, the DBA-02MKII will be more fun in that case :) 

post #88 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



Well, the DBA-02MKII will be more fun in that case :) 



ive never heard any of these headphones.  I eventually am going to have to get the UM3X or the ER4P. I feel like it is headfi code to at least own one of those... 

post #89 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post

ive never heard any of these headphones.  I eventually am going to have to get the UM3X or the ER4P. I feel like it is headfi code to at least own one of those... 

heads up:

Don't follow da hype.
Follow your heart.

 

 

post #90 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

heads up:

Don't follow da hype.
Follow your heart.

 

 



but... what if my heart tells me to follow the hype.  And what if the hype is right!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]