Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?] - Page 10

post #136 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



You got the ER-4S? You will need an amp for that, it sounds soft even at full volume, should have got the ER-4P ;), but then again, it's not cheap. Yes, the EX-1000 is very neutral and balanced. 



good thing I have 2 amps!

post #137 of 259

If you don't like them, gimme a bell.

 

(Fat fk'n chance... )

 

How much did you pick them up for?  I got my first pair for $120, as-new used.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post



good thing I have 2 amps!



 

post #138 of 259


 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post



good thing I have 2 amps!



Cool, I wanted to get the ER-4P and then get a converter and an amp to have both. But I guess now I'm aiming for the ATH-CK100PROs... 

post #139 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



You got the ER-4S? You will need an amp for that, it sounds soft even at full volume, should have got the ER-4P ;)


Yeh but from everything I've read the Ps seem to outdo the Ss but then here is of course the converter!

 

post #140 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


Yeh but from everything I've read the Ps seem to outdo the Ss but then here is of course the converter!

 



S is cleaner and more accurate, but P lets you have the best of both worlds! What's more to ask for? 

post #141 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremypsp View Post



S is cleaner and more accurate, but P lets you have the best of both worlds! What's more to ask for? 



the SP.

post #142 of 259
Thread Starter 

got the etymotic er-4's in today! They are absolutely gorgeous. I need my amps to come in tho.  My ipod can HARDLY power these beasts.  I dont see how people dont notice punch.  There is definetly a bass punch! everything is beautiful and analytic.

post #143 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post
I need my amps to come in tho.  My ipod can HARDLY power these beasts.

 

Wat.

 

*EDIT* Ohhh, ER4S... My bad :$

post #144 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post

got the etymotic er-4's in today! They are absolutely gorgeous. I need my amps to come in tho.  My ipod can HARDLY power these beasts.  I dont see how people dont notice punch.  There is definetly a bass punch! everything is beautiful and analytic.


I got the HF5s the other day and was also quite impressed! You can see why they say there so accurate but on the HF5s I do lack a bit of bass punch but other that NICE!

How are you finding the deep insertion, I'm finding it rather intrusive and I'm not sure about it.
post #145 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post


I got the HF5s the other day and was also quite impressed! You can see why they say there so accurate but on the HF5s I do lack a bit of bass punch but other that NICE!
How are you finding the deep insertion, I'm finding it rather intrusive and I'm not sure about it.

 


The HF2s, to me anyways, have punch, but lack impact.  They are quite tight though, with good texture able to dig down to get to the delicate parts.  The fit took me a week to get acquainted to, but after the week, I can wear any Etymotic comfortably.  If you still find it uncomfortable, try the mushroom tips or foam ones :p  You can also try Comply or a single flange from another brand.

post #146 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

 


The HF2s, to me anyways, have punch, but lack impact.  They are quite tight though, with good texture able to dig down to get to the delicate parts.  The fit took me a week to get acquainted to, but after the week, I can wear any Etymotic comfortably.  If you still find it uncomfortable, try the mushroom tips or foam ones :p  You can also try Comply or a single flange from another brand.

 

Too me I'm not too sure. My DBAs are something i would say have little quantity but good punch an impact and i feel these don't get that close but they are very nicely detailed! Yeh i may more than likely get used to it as i have only had them two days! I got them second had so i don't have mushroom or foam tips just stock triples and some doubles. I don't have any others that'd fit and although i prefer singles i don't think id get a good seal and then lose bass completely! Out of interest what do you use tip wise with your HF2?

post #147 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

 

 

Too me I'm not too sure. My DBAs are something i would say have little quantity but good punch an impact and i feel these don't get that close but they are very nicely detailed! Yeh i may more than likely get used to it as i have only had them two days! I got them second had so i don't have mushroom or foam tips just stock triples and some doubles. I don't have any others that'd fit and although i prefer singles i don't think id get a good seal and then lose bass completely! Out of interest what do you use tip wise with your HF2?

 


Small triples on my second set :p  With time, they also turn an ovular shape to conform to your ear's shape (this is something I use to confirm that tips can break in, and they do as well).  This improves bass a bit, it still can't get the impact I need though (it is punchy though) :p 

post #148 of 259

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

 


Small triples on my second set :p  With time, they also turn an ovular shape to conform to your ear's shape (this is something I use to confirm that tips can break in, and they do as well).  This improves bass a bit, it still can't get the impact I need though (it is punchy though) :p 

 

Okay ill take your word that they will get punchy and i look forward to them breaking in! I have not had the most use with them so they are real initial impressions! I have found the become a lot nicer amped with my UE airplane attenuator (add 100 ohms impedance)! Should give something like that a try if you have any attenuators lying round!

post #149 of 259
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

 

 


Small triples on my second set :p  With time, they also turn an ovular shape to conform to your ear's shape (this is something I use to confirm that tips can break in, and they do as well).  This improves bass a bit, it still can't get the impact I need though (it is punchy though) :p 

 

I have the older er4-s series with the red and blue earphones.  I'm using the HUGE yellow foamies that isolate like 46db with a deep insertion.  The deep insertion can hurt at certain points.  But I get used to it.  I will get my amps in friday, which will definitely change my listening experience on the er4-s's.  I have to turn my volume on my ipod up to 65% to be at a soft volume comfortable listening level, they are super accurate, the punch and impact is there, but they are kind of weak because the er4-s is really meant to have an amplifier. 

 

EDIT: Can anyone comment on etymotic's customer service? Are they friendly?


Edited by delladood - 4/19/12 at 4:35pm
post #150 of 259

I'm a huge fan of the black foam cylinders - best isolation, I found, and they soften up after a few days' use.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]