Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]

post #1 of 259
Thread Starter 

I've decided the last thing I need is another v-shape sound signature, considering I have a pair of triple fi 10's, atrio mg7's, and a pair of JVC fxt90s.  What is the most analytic/"boring"/accurate headphone that comes to mind???  This is my birthday present to myself ideas!  I really am leaning towards the accuracy of the er-4 series, but there has been such a price jump lately...

My current list:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etymotic er-4

Brainwavz b2

shure se425

SoundClarity

RE0

 


Edited by delladood - 4/25/12 at 2:17pm
post #2 of 259

Ety ER4!

 

They have no punch whatsoever.

post #3 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

Ety ER4!

 

They have no punch whatsoever.



I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch blink.gif

post #4 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post



I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch blink.gif



LOL, oh god...  I'm just curious, but what's SoundClarity.  I know I've heard it mentioned before, but can't quite figure out exactly what model or brand it is :p

post #5 of 259

Say no more! The ER4-S is in your horizon!

post #6 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

Say no more! The ER4-S is in your horizon!


I know I know... I do to... They are quite expensive... not sure if I should roll those or just get another pair of headphones like the UM3 SM3 or W3

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post



I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch blink.gif

http://clarityoneaudio.com/Earbuds/EarBuds<--- these things! Im not sure if they are any good at all... but they did have the word "Clarity" in them haha.

post #7 of 259

Vsonic GR07? They have a little punch, but not a huge amount. The high-mids may be too energetic to be considered "boring" though.

 

Just throwing it out there.

post #8 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDenz View Post

Say no more! The ER4-S is in your horizon!




I gave my Dad a pair of Ety HF-5's and he loves them for their clinical, flat presence -- however they do tend to roll off a bit in the upper treble, maybe above 4kHz or so.  I never have heard the Ety ER4s but from what I've heard on hear its even more clinical than the lower end HF-5's.  Therefore, its probably what you're looking for.

post #9 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman View Post

Vsonic GR07? They have a little punch, but not a huge amount. The high-mids may be too energetic to be considered "boring" though.

 

Just throwing it out there.


I have owned the gr07.  I have no further statement to make about the gr07's, or eke2k6 will most likely come to my home and assassinate me ph34r.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahm519 View Post




I gave my Dad a pair of Ety HF-5's and he loves them for their clinical, flat presence -- however they do tend to roll off a bit in the upper treble, maybe above 4kHz or so.  I never have heard the Ety ER4s but from what I've heard on hear its even more clinical than the lower end HF-5's.  Therefore, its probably what you're looking for.


I really feel like the er4's are going to be the pick.  Strangely enough, im going to be using them for hip-hop, r&b, Gangsta Rap, Alternative, Indie, Rock, Electronic.  I need something a little more analytic to break the monotony of the Atrio MG7's, and the FXT90's.  I find no need for me to have another exciting sound sig.


Edited by delladood - 4/8/12 at 8:08pm
post #10 of 259

I think the rev.2 of the GR07 isn't that balanced due to the midbass. HF5s will be a good fit if the ER-4 is too expensive. 

 

People that say the ER-4 has no punch didn't insert them deep enough. 

post #11 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post


I have owned the gr07.  I have no further statement to make about the gr07's, or eke2k6 will most likely come to my home and assassinate me ph34r.gif


NinjaSneakingUpOnPirate.jpg

 

 

I didn't mean to be so abrasive, but I still don't think you've truly heard the GR07. Everyone else in that thread, even the people who owned the TF10 as well, disagreed with you.

 

Happy listening though.

post #12 of 259
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

I think the rev.2 of the GR07 isn't that balanced due to the midbass. HF5s will be a good fit if the ER-4 is too expensive. 

 

People that say the ER-4 has no punch didn't insert them deep enough. 

Insert them deep enough I shall.  I definitely had the second revision of the gr07's.  The ones with the 300 tips practically... My friends was the first rev that just came with a few tips and the more expensive packaging.... That could explain why I liked my friends r07's better than mine... 

 

NinjaSneakingUpOnPirate.jpg 

How did you know that I wore pirate hats in my spare time!?blink.gif Apparently there is two revisions!??? This could explain my reasons...
 

 


Edited by delladood - 4/8/12 at 8:18pm
post #13 of 259

No, they have NO PUNCH. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

 

But they really put the detail "in your face." They are remarkably detailed, and it isn't just the detail retrieval that impresses, but the way the detail is presented. I can often hear the same detail in other high-end phones(Sony EX1000). but the ER4 makes details obvious.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post



I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch blink.gif



 

post #14 of 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by delladood View Post

Apparently there is two revisions!??? This could explain my reasons...
 

 


 

Yeah, I wasn't aware of this either. Sauce?

post #15 of 259

Read the GR07 thread, the newer versions are bassier. 

 

ER-4 has been proven to have punch countless of times, just requires the right insertion depth.. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]