Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) - Page 3

post #31 of 379
Thread Starter 

Most Gunpla do not require painting. I only paint to replace solid color stickers or just add detail. If you are fine with having stickers, then no paint is needed.

 

As for Gundam markers, they are paint markers intended for doing touch ups. I use them when fixing trimmed areas on the part itself. Sometimes when clipping parts of the runner, you will get a slight discoloration from the plastic being cut. I sue the markers to touch this up. They are also quite runny so exercise caution when using them. I usually use Mr.Hobby mixing trays and drip some in the tray, then either blush it on with a paint brush or use a tooth pick to apply the paint.

 

There are also ink based Gundam markers which are either for lining or adding weathering or smudging. I use the Real Touch markers to adding weathering to the bottom of each models foot. I like the worn look they give off.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't do prime as I don't use Amazon that often. Anyway I have a google Payday soon :) So I'll see what goodies I can get. 

 

Ok I want a HG or MG. So all I need to buy is an HG or MG that says no paint is required(I hate to do that) and also gundam markers? Which colors? The whole pack or just black if it says no paint is required?

post #32 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_X View Post

Most Gunpla do not require painting. I only paint to replace solid color stickers or just add detail. If you are fine with having stickers, then no paint is needed.

 

As for Gundam markers, they are paint markers intended for doing touch ups. I use them when fixing trimmed areas on the part itself. Sometimes when clipping parts of the runner, you will get a slight discoloration from the plastic being cut. I sue the markers to touch this up. They are also quite runny so exercise caution when using them. I usually use Mr.Hobby mixing trays and drip some in the tray, then either blush it on with a paint brush or use a tooth pick to apply the paint.

 

There are also ink based Gundam markers which are either for lining or adding weathering or smudging. I use the Real Touch markers to adding weathering to the bottom of each models foot. I like the worn look they give off.

 

 

 

So if I get a no painit necessary HG model and use stickers, all I need is an exacto knife, eraser and the black touch up marker right?

post #33 of 379
Thread Starter 

I would think so, oh and nice nippers would be in order! Xuron side cutters work really good and I recommend them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

So if I get a no painit necessary HG model and use stickers, all I need is an exacto knife, eraser and the black touch up marker right?

 

Also I picked up a new kit today to build. I'm not finished with it yet but here's my Wing Zero Custom EW Ver. I only have the panel lines on the face done and have not shaved away the excess plastic from where I nipped them off their runners. Still lots of work to be done on this kit!

 

IMG_04291.jpg


Edited by Zombie_X - 5/4/12 at 10:37pm
post #34 of 379
Thread Starter 

Not to double post but I finished my painting and detailing of RX-78-2 Ver.KA. I made it look weathered and put a clear flat coat of Mr.Hobby paint on it.

 

IMG_0433.JPG

 

IMG_0434.JPG

 

IMG_0435.JPG

 

IMG_0436.JPG

 

IMG_0437.JPG

 

IMG_0439.JPG

 

IMG_0440.JPG

post #35 of 379

I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to gundam models but I am pretty interested. Here's a photo I took of a Heavyarms I bought from megacon this year, 1/100 scale. This was the first one I built in a long time so it's pretty rough with no details. 

523

post #36 of 379

lol hate to do this... but did anyone see gunpla.tv's video on the gundam expo? There's an mg tallgeese coming out soon i think but yeah it looks pretty damn awesome

post #37 of 379
Im re interested in buying a model again smily_headphones1.gif

I have money for it so i guess screw it and buy? But im moving late this year and it may not be able to come with me
post #38 of 379

 

I have an MG Gundam Hi-Nu. I'm a big Gundam/Gunpla fanatic. Still am wishing to get an MG Unicorn and a PG 00 Raiser.

 

 

 

I get very meticulous when building/sanding nubs on the kits and I take extra care to line-ink them... took me roughly 9 months to get this thing done... providing it was something I did in my leisure time.


Edited by Tundramystic - 1/21/13 at 7:30pm
post #39 of 379
That looks anazing
post #40 of 379

I prefer quality over quantity (I personally would buy by thinking about the project, not the ends itself). Best part about building a Gunpla is the journey through it, enjoying how everything fits together. Then after that journey, just let it pose there and look at its glory. Its a fun hobby in itself. biggrin.gif But it never hurts to have many models... I wouldn't mind displaying them here and there in my flat.

post #41 of 379
Wow very nice hi nu... Most people I know seem to prefer the nu over the hi nu for don't reason tongue.gif. I would but buy some new kits but then again I recently bought some q701s and a Magni and also kind of want an s400 so that's going to have to wait lol but when that mg tallgeese is actually out/in stock (not really sure) at hlj I might just have to pick it up.
post #42 of 379

I'm reviving this not so old thread, I've gotten into this hobby lately.

 

This is my first Gundam kit, 1/100 Rx-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee (Titanuim Finish). It took me about 3 weeks, working on weekends. Not my best, I feel I can do better.

 

I really liked the shiny Titanium finish, here's the final pic (sorry it was taken in a hurry):

 

However, I'll have to get a base. Master Grade 1/100s are no easy feat. This thing's very delicate (as I came to know after finishing it), and the arms are heavy, so it can only do some poses in balance. I've already ordered the base, I hope it can do more poses!

 

Also, the Titanium finish has problems with the nubs after removing the parts from the runners. I can smoothen the nubs, but the surface finish also gets removed unlike regular gundams where the inside plastic is the same color. But its a good kit otherwise.

 

Overall, happy with my first gundam :)

I'll be building more (next in line is the Sinanju Titanium Finish), I really like the ones from the Unicorn Gundam series!


Edited by proton007 - 4/29/13 at 9:29am
post #43 of 379
I KNEW i forgot to buy something last time. A gundam model kit.
post #44 of 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I KNEW i forgot to buy something last time. A gundam model kit.

 

Haha... grab them while you can. The 1/100 MG go out of stock pretty quickly.

 

Also, I find it really therapeutic, take time off things and spend it on building something awesome.


Edited by proton007 - 4/29/13 at 7:36pm
post #45 of 379
The problem isnt the price of the model.

Its the starter price equipment of $50 and then the model
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!)