Ahh, no pop for me.. The crackles sound like a tiny vibrating piece of metal..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 639
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I took the protection grill off of the left channel and found out that this bit of metal (in the picture), when I slightly blow at it, flutters WAY MORE than the same bit on the right channel.. Could that be the problem?
If it's present in several different recordings you may need to RMA for a replacement - that driver may have an issue. Before that however, I recall reading that a small fiber/hair/dust particle could also cause an artifact in the sound, and I think the advise was to gently use canned air to try and extract anything from the driver. If you do have to get a replacement, HiFiMan's customer service is said to be excellent.
Edit - I just saw your posting above. If you can visually see an inconsistency between the two drivers, one may be bad. I would contact HiFiMan's customer service and let them know to see what their advice would be. http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/
Edited by modulor - 4/10/13 at 9:11am
I also wanted to ask a general question.
Is there any sort of consensus over what the best pair of Sennheisers might be that would be considered to have comparable extension to the HE-400, and a bit on the nuetral / cold side? Prior discussions have suggested that the 600/650 would be about right. How about the 598s?
I've been re-discovering my HD-595s after a long break from them, and really like having a comfortable, light, and non-fatiguing phone around. I may want to upgrade, but I am not sure that moving into a 600/650 would be a noticeable step up. I wouldn't be interested in spending more than $2-300 or so.What about other brands?
The 400's are sonically superior to my ears, but they haven't made me hate Sennheiser.
Not to mention the price difference and type of drivers
I think mine was a warranty card which was inside the black bag where the headphone reside. I can't read it for worth of anything as it's in chinese.
Mine was supposedly from an RMA and it didn't have it. The person I bought it from actually had two sent to him for return service and according to him his didn't have one either.
Manual was also beat up on mine, but the headphone itself was pristine from what I can tell. Very strange.
I was looking at the number in the post regarding the pads
Here is the link to the pads i got:
Not sure if those are thr right ones thou. If not, i guess ill mod them since no point in throwing them away.
Great, these were the exact pads I found from this post waaaaaaay back in this thread.
They should be with me before Friday.
I want to get wood cups done as well like LCD-2s but I'm afraid $450 for Rosewood + $100 roundtrip shipping will NOT be happening anytime soon.
Edited by Lohb - 4/10/13 at 10:29am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Updated with ASG-2.5 and Tralucent Ref 1) 39 seconds ago
- › New Here. Need Help 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi! (35%OFF discount... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 5 minutes ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 5 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)