Ahh, no pop for me.. The crackles sound like a tiny vibrating piece of metal..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 639
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I took the protection grill off of the left channel and found out that this bit of metal (in the picture), when I slightly blow at it, flutters WAY MORE than the same bit on the right channel.. Could that be the problem?
If it's present in several different recordings you may need to RMA for a replacement - that driver may have an issue. Before that however, I recall reading that a small fiber/hair/dust particle could also cause an artifact in the sound, and I think the advise was to gently use canned air to try and extract anything from the driver. If you do have to get a replacement, HiFiMan's customer service is said to be excellent.
Edit - I just saw your posting above. If you can visually see an inconsistency between the two drivers, one may be bad. I would contact HiFiMan's customer service and let them know to see what their advice would be. http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/
Edited by modulor - 4/10/13 at 9:11am
I also wanted to ask a general question.
Is there any sort of consensus over what the best pair of Sennheisers might be that would be considered to have comparable extension to the HE-400, and a bit on the nuetral / cold side? Prior discussions have suggested that the 600/650 would be about right. How about the 598s?
I've been re-discovering my HD-595s after a long break from them, and really like having a comfortable, light, and non-fatiguing phone around. I may want to upgrade, but I am not sure that moving into a 600/650 would be a noticeable step up. I wouldn't be interested in spending more than $2-300 or so.What about other brands?
The 400's are sonically superior to my ears, but they haven't made me hate Sennheiser.
Not to mention the price difference and type of drivers
I think mine was a warranty card which was inside the black bag where the headphone reside. I can't read it for worth of anything as it's in chinese.
Mine was supposedly from an RMA and it didn't have it. The person I bought it from actually had two sent to him for return service and according to him his didn't have one either.
Manual was also beat up on mine, but the headphone itself was pristine from what I can tell. Very strange.
I was looking at the number in the post regarding the pads
Here is the link to the pads i got:
Not sure if those are thr right ones thou. If not, i guess ill mod them since no point in throwing them away.
Great, these were the exact pads I found from this post waaaaaaay back in this thread.
They should be with me before Friday.
I want to get wood cups done as well like LCD-2s but I'm afraid $450 for Rosewood + $100 roundtrip shipping will NOT be happening anytime soon.
Edited by Lohb - 4/10/13 at 10:29am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 29 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 36 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 1 minute ago
- › Recommend Speakers for my room? 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair of XEARS IEMs... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Audio-GD Stereo Amps 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)