Ahh, no pop for me.. The crackles sound like a tiny vibrating piece of metal..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 639
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I took the protection grill off of the left channel and found out that this bit of metal (in the picture), when I slightly blow at it, flutters WAY MORE than the same bit on the right channel.. Could that be the problem?
If it's present in several different recordings you may need to RMA for a replacement - that driver may have an issue. Before that however, I recall reading that a small fiber/hair/dust particle could also cause an artifact in the sound, and I think the advise was to gently use canned air to try and extract anything from the driver. If you do have to get a replacement, HiFiMan's customer service is said to be excellent.
Edit - I just saw your posting above. If you can visually see an inconsistency between the two drivers, one may be bad. I would contact HiFiMan's customer service and let them know to see what their advice would be. http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/
Edited by modulor - 4/10/13 at 9:11am
I also wanted to ask a general question.
Is there any sort of consensus over what the best pair of Sennheisers might be that would be considered to have comparable extension to the HE-400, and a bit on the nuetral / cold side? Prior discussions have suggested that the 600/650 would be about right. How about the 598s?
I've been re-discovering my HD-595s after a long break from them, and really like having a comfortable, light, and non-fatiguing phone around. I may want to upgrade, but I am not sure that moving into a 600/650 would be a noticeable step up. I wouldn't be interested in spending more than $2-300 or so.What about other brands?
The 400's are sonically superior to my ears, but they haven't made me hate Sennheiser.
Not to mention the price difference and type of drivers
I think mine was a warranty card which was inside the black bag where the headphone reside. I can't read it for worth of anything as it's in chinese.
Mine was supposedly from an RMA and it didn't have it. The person I bought it from actually had two sent to him for return service and according to him his didn't have one either.
Manual was also beat up on mine, but the headphone itself was pristine from what I can tell. Very strange.
I was looking at the number in the post regarding the pads
Here is the link to the pads i got:
Not sure if those are thr right ones thou. If not, i guess ill mod them since no point in throwing them away.
Great, these were the exact pads I found from this post waaaaaaay back in this thread.
They should be with me before Friday.
I want to get wood cups done as well like LCD-2s but I'm afraid $450 for Rosewood + $100 roundtrip shipping will NOT be happening anytime soon.
Edited by Lohb - 4/10/13 at 10:29am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE-500 Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › List of DACs that work with iPad 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › [FS] Schiit Vali 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-M200 and EPH-M100 : EPH-100 Successor 6 minutes ago
- › FS/FT (Best looking) Audeze LCD3 (non-Fazor) in great condition (AUS) 6 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)