Ahh, no pop for me.. The crackles sound like a tiny vibrating piece of metal..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 639
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9572 of 167694/10/13 at 9:00ampost #9573 of 167694/10/13 at 9:05am
I took the protection grill off of the left channel and found out that this bit of metal (in the picture), when I slightly blow at it, flutters WAY MORE than the same bit on the right channel.. Could that be the problem?post #9574 of 167694/10/13 at 9:06ampost #9575 of 167694/10/13 at 9:07ampost #9576 of 167694/10/13 at 9:07am
If it's present in several different recordings you may need to RMA for a replacement - that driver may have an issue. Before that however, I recall reading that a small fiber/hair/dust particle could also cause an artifact in the sound, and I think the advise was to gently use canned air to try and extract anything from the driver. If you do have to get a replacement, HiFiMan's customer service is said to be excellent.
Edit - I just saw your posting above. If you can visually see an inconsistency between the two drivers, one may be bad. I would contact HiFiMan's customer service and let them know to see what their advice would be. http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/
Edited by modulor - 4/10/13 at 9:11ampost #9577 of 167694/10/13 at 9:10ampost #9578 of 167694/10/13 at 9:13ampost #9579 of 167694/10/13 at 9:13ampost #9580 of 167694/10/13 at 9:36ampost #9581 of 167694/10/13 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by MrMateoHead
I also wanted to ask a general question.
Is there any sort of consensus over what the best pair of Sennheisers might be that would be considered to have comparable extension to the HE-400, and a bit on the nuetral / cold side? Prior discussions have suggested that the 600/650 would be about right. How about the 598s?
I've been re-discovering my HD-595s after a long break from them, and really like having a comfortable, light, and non-fatiguing phone around. I may want to upgrade, but I am not sure that moving into a 600/650 would be a noticeable step up. I wouldn't be interested in spending more than $2-300 or so.What about other brands?
The 400's are sonically superior to my ears, but they haven't made me hate Sennheiser.
Not to mention the price difference and type of driverspost #9582 of 167694/10/13 at 9:58amQuote:
I think mine was a warranty card which was inside the black bag where the headphone reside. I can't read it for worth of anything as it's in chinese.post #9583 of 167694/10/13 at 10:01ampost #9584 of 167694/10/13 at 10:08am
Mine was supposedly from an RMA and it didn't have it. The person I bought it from actually had two sent to him for return service and according to him his didn't have one either.
Manual was also beat up on mine, but the headphone itself was pristine from what I can tell. Very strange.post #9585 of 167694/10/13 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by catspaw
I was looking at the number in the post regarding the pads
Here is the link to the pads i got:
Not sure if those are thr right ones thou. If not, i guess ill mod them since no point in throwing them away.
Great, these were the exact pads I found from this post waaaaaaay back in this thread.
They should be with me before Friday.
I want to get wood cups done as well like LCD-2s but I'm afraid $450 for Rosewood + $100 roundtrip shipping will NOT be happening anytime soon.
Edited by MunkyNutz - 4/10/13 at 10:29am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 42 seconds ago
- › 2 month old Sennheiser HD800s - perfect condition 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 5 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 6 minutes ago
- › Kickstarter Headphone - Grain Audio, any thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Any albums where you love EVERY song 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude