Ahh, no pop for me.. The crackles sound like a tiny vibrating piece of metal..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 639
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9572 of 170474/10/13 at 9:00ampost #9573 of 170474/10/13 at 9:05am
I took the protection grill off of the left channel and found out that this bit of metal (in the picture), when I slightly blow at it, flutters WAY MORE than the same bit on the right channel.. Could that be the problem?post #9574 of 170474/10/13 at 9:06ampost #9575 of 170474/10/13 at 9:07ampost #9576 of 170474/10/13 at 9:07am
If it's present in several different recordings you may need to RMA for a replacement - that driver may have an issue. Before that however, I recall reading that a small fiber/hair/dust particle could also cause an artifact in the sound, and I think the advise was to gently use canned air to try and extract anything from the driver. If you do have to get a replacement, HiFiMan's customer service is said to be excellent.
Edit - I just saw your posting above. If you can visually see an inconsistency between the two drivers, one may be bad. I would contact HiFiMan's customer service and let them know to see what their advice would be. http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Contact/
Edited by modulor - 4/10/13 at 9:11ampost #9577 of 170474/10/13 at 9:10ampost #9578 of 170474/10/13 at 9:13ampost #9579 of 170474/10/13 at 9:13ampost #9580 of 170474/10/13 at 9:36ampost #9581 of 170474/10/13 at 9:42amQuote:Originally Posted by MrMateoHead
I also wanted to ask a general question.
Is there any sort of consensus over what the best pair of Sennheisers might be that would be considered to have comparable extension to the HE-400, and a bit on the nuetral / cold side? Prior discussions have suggested that the 600/650 would be about right. How about the 598s?
I've been re-discovering my HD-595s after a long break from them, and really like having a comfortable, light, and non-fatiguing phone around. I may want to upgrade, but I am not sure that moving into a 600/650 would be a noticeable step up. I wouldn't be interested in spending more than $2-300 or so.What about other brands?
The 400's are sonically superior to my ears, but they haven't made me hate Sennheiser.
Not to mention the price difference and type of driverspost #9582 of 170474/10/13 at 9:58amQuote:
I think mine was a warranty card which was inside the black bag where the headphone reside. I can't read it for worth of anything as it's in chinese.post #9583 of 170474/10/13 at 10:01ampost #9584 of 170474/10/13 at 10:08am
Mine was supposedly from an RMA and it didn't have it. The person I bought it from actually had two sent to him for return service and according to him his didn't have one either.
Manual was also beat up on mine, but the headphone itself was pristine from what I can tell. Very strange.post #9585 of 170474/10/13 at 10:09amQuote:Originally Posted by catspaw
I was looking at the number in the post regarding the pads
Here is the link to the pads i got:
Not sure if those are thr right ones thou. If not, i guess ill mod them since no point in throwing them away.
Great, these were the exact pads I found from this post waaaaaaay back in this thread.
They should be with me before Friday.
I want to get wood cups done as well like LCD-2s but I'm afraid $450 for Rosewood + $100 roundtrip shipping will NOT be happening anytime soon.
Edited by Lohb - 4/10/13 at 10:29am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 7 seconds ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 10 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 37 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 44 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › On USB audio: a case against USB 3 , "audiophile" USB cables, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Objective2 O2 Amp plus ODAC with RCA+3.5mm Outputs 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations needed for a new headphone (budget: $200/flexible) 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB Shure se215-blk 3 minutes ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob