Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 606

post #9076 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleybob217 View Post

Yeah ok, it's awesome for the price, but the cons of the HE400 outweigh that of the HE500.

 

However, those cons are relatively easy mediated with the HE400.

I might agree that HE-400 as the only phone to have could be not enough (because of its flaws). What I wanted to say was that HE-400 is very unique and very interesting headphone to have (not even for the price but in general). And it is just different to HE-500, meaning that HE-500 does better in some areas and worse in some others.

post #9077 of 20397
Mispost...

Edited by bareyb - 3/28/13 at 1:15am
post #9078 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Encountered the imbalance problem again last night as the local weather turned rainy and low pressure sys moved in. It's mostly gone now but meh it's the third time so most likely it's a recurrent issue that won't go away. Will send em in for replacement then.

Hoping the turn-over won't be as horrendously slow as wje experienced.

Not only was my repair fast, they actuslly sent me back 2 pairs by accident. Free $350, I'll take it lol
post #9079 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post

Not only was my repair fast, they actuslly sent me back 2 pairs by accident. Free $350, I'll take it lol
Nice! Give me the extra pair or I'll report you.
post #9080 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post


Not only was my repair fast, they actuslly sent me back 2 pairs by accident. Free $350, I'll take it lol

The heck, why are you quoting my post from almost a year ago? Lol.

post #9081 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

The heck, why are you quoting my post from almost a year ago? Lol.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Also, listened to something with horns while I have steps 1 and 2 of the Jerg mod, sounds great!
post #9082 of 20397

Ok, so I've been eying the HE-400 for a while now and on a whim leapt up with a single bid on a new and unopened pair that was on ebay, which I ended up winning somehow. So now that I'm about to be $357.50 poorer, I've realized that I've kind of failed my research and was not quite aware that I wouldn't have warranty service as a second owner. Would this still apply even with an allegedly unopened pair, or am I boned like I think I am if there's an issue?

 

Edit: Actually I just realized that I bought it from DutchGFX who's on this thread, Lmao biggrin.gif. Guess that settles a lot of questions.


Edited by Anvil - 3/27/13 at 9:31pm
post #9083 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvil View Post

Ok, so I've been eying the HE-400 for a while now and on a whim leapt up with a single bid on a new and unopened pair that was on ebay, which I ended up winning somehow. So now that I'm about to be $357.50 poorer, I've realized that I've kind of failed my research and was not quite aware that I wouldn't have warranty service as a second owner. Would this still apply even with an allegedly unopened pair, or am I boned like I think I am if there's an issue?

 

Edit: Actually I just realized that I bought it from DutchGFX who's on this thread, Lmao biggrin.gif. Guess that settles a lot of questions.

If he never registered them... Maybe? 

post #9084 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareyb View Post

If he never registered them... Maybe? 

 

Actually, HifiMAN will ask for a receipt or some form of a proof-of-purchase.  If you are a 2nd owner and experience a headphone issue, HifiMAN will work with you.  In my case, I had the Rev. 1 (black encased drivers) -- and these were not a "Limited Edition" as some would like to make you believe, but more like a "Problematic Edition".  In order to provide me service, HifiMAN charged me a fee of $80.00.  This fee included the replacement version of a pair of HifiMAN headphones as well as the shipping costs to get them to me.  Now, this might seem like a bit of rub for some people, I think it is actually quite realistic and also a great option as HifiMAN is willing to work with owners, even if they are the 2nd or 3rd owner of the Headphones.

 

Since HifiMAN asks you only to send the headphones in, but not any of the accessories, it is best to remove the ear pads and obviously the cable for the headphones.  Then, ship in the neekid headphones to the instructed address.  The chances are quite high than HifiMAN will send you a new, fully-complete headphone package to include a cable as well as another pair of ear pads.  With this being the case, these included accessories can make one feel a bit better and serve as more of an offset of the cost paid out to have the exchange performed for you.

 

Enjoy!!!

post #9085 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

................

 

Since HifiMAN asks you only to send the headphones in, but not any of the accessories, it is best to remove the ear pads and obviously the cable for the headphones.  Then, ship in the neekid headphones to the instructed address.  The chances are quite high than HifiMAN will send you a new, fully-complete headphone package to include a cable as well as another pair of ear pads.  With this being the case, these included accessories can make one feel a bit better and serve as more of an offset of the cost paid out to have the exchange performed for you.

 

Enjoy!!!

Dr. Fang sure appreciates your suggestions Wayne biggrin.gif

post #9086 of 20397
what would be the best valued dac + amp with best low level slams that I can use with both my he 400's and mad dogs
The one that can handle bass with energy and quantity (for pc set up)
I'm very confused

audio gd 11.32 (easy to find for me)
o2 + dac (no idea but seem lacking power)
Lyr used with essence st (have to import)
asgard 2 (hum issues)
Magni/Modi
others..

I just hate my MF xcan v3 making music anaemic mad.gif
Edited by TontonJoK - 3/28/13 at 3:00am
post #9087 of 20397
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Actually, HifiMAN will ask for a receipt or some form of a proof-of-purchase.  If you are a 2nd owner and experience a headphone issue, HifiMAN will work with you.  In my case, I had the Rev. 1 (black encased drivers) -- and these were not a "Limited Edition" as some would like to make you believe, but more like a "Problematic Edition".  In order to provide me service, HifiMAN charged me a fee of $80.00.  This fee included the replacement version of a pair of HifiMAN headphones as well as the shipping costs to get them to me.  Now, this might seem like a bit of rub for some people, I think it is actually quite realistic and also a great option as HifiMAN is willing to work with owners, even if they are the 2nd or 3rd owner of the Headphones.

 

Since HifiMAN asks you only to send the headphones in, but not any of the accessories, it is best to remove the ear pads and obviously the cable for the headphones.  Then, ship in the neekid headphones to the instructed address.  The chances are quite high than HifiMAN will send you a new, fully-complete headphone package to include a cable as well as another pair of ear pads.  With this being the case, these included accessories can make one feel a bit better and serve as more of an offset of the cost paid out to have the exchange performed for you.

 

Enjoy!!!

 

 

I would second that it's great that HFM is willing to work with 2nd owners even though they are not entitled to a warranty. 

 

To the guy who bought the "unopened" pair from ebay, I hope that you have no trouble and never need to send them back. If you do have trouble, you'll likely have to add $80 to your original purchase price for the repair. $357.50 + $80= $437.50 (ouch!!). 

post #9088 of 20397

Funny how someone mentioned that this is not a mobile headphone since i use it everyday on my way to work :D.

 

I use them basicly 80% of the time when I am not at work or sleeping (the other 20% is things like shower for example). Hell. last time i went to meet some girls with my friend i took the HE-400 with me.

Funny enought, they didnt even look at the HP at all.... i guess when you have something on all the time like a pair of glasses, people tend to think its normal :D.

 

No, i didnt score any of the girls, (only one worth it anyway), but i ahd some great music on my way back home :D.

post #9089 of 20397
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post

Funny how someone mentioned that this is not a mobile headphone since i use it everyday on my way to work :D.

 

I use them basicly 80% of the time when I am not at work or sleeping (the other 20% is things like shower for example). Hell. last time i went to meet some girls with my friend i took the HE-400 with me.

Funny enought, they didnt even look at the HP at all.... i guess when you have something on all the time like a pair of glasses, people tend to think its normal :D.

 

No, i didnt score any of the girls, (only one worth it anyway), but i ahd some great music on my way back home :D.

 

Uhm...there is certainly a time to unplug. I love listening to music with hp's as much as anyone, but dude...it's time to unplug. biggrin.gif

post #9090 of 20397
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post

Funny how someone mentioned that this is not a mobile headphone since i use it everyday on my way to work :D.

 

I use them basicly 80% of the time when I am not at work or sleeping (the other 20% is things like shower for example). Hell. last time i went to meet some girls with my friend i took the HE-400 with me.

Funny enought, they didnt even look at the HP at all.... i guess when you have something on all the time like a pair of glasses, people tend to think its normal :D.

 

No, i didnt score any of the girls, (only one worth it anyway), but i ahd some great music on my way back home :D.

 

You should've lent it to her. She'd be into you.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**