- 14,519 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, I ACTUALLY have another deal in effect in which I MIGHT acquire those LCD2s I first demoed, along with a foam headband. That headphone is the one I truly want... unless the D7000 magically appears before I get an answer from Justin via pm.
That LCD2 had a signature I'm TRULY missing. It's technically inferior to my vegan LCD2, and it's been passed around like a cheap hooker, but I don't care. I want that one.
If I get it, call my dreams on Head-fi fulfilled. I'll eventually score an HE-500 as an alternative though. LCD2 + velour HE-500 = I'm pretty much done. Unless jerg wants to be super awesome and do some jergpads for me.
I thought you hadn't demoed out the he 500's yet?
Edited by Spiderman - 3/21/13 at 11:59am
Yeah but they were on my head after yours. They told me they didn't like being with you. Sorry.
You well regret the decision in a few minutes, and I thought I was the only one that changed my mind so much when it came to audio.
You should go back and follow up on that. You will always love the d7k best of all.
I think we all have "old loves" that come up from time-to-time. We often remember all the good times of those moments, but tend to forget about the bad ones. I once had a similar experience with the Grado HF-2. But, after getting into the ortho scene, I couldn't tolerate the sound of the HF-2, so I put them up for sale the next day. To me, clearly the fantasy was all that was there. The reality was that they were not as good as my mind had perceived them to be and the recall of the sound was off a bit.
The same can happen with ladies, too.
Tried my jergpadded HE500s with the SPC Hifiman cable (that I got from HE300s for my parents some time ago) today, I'm digging the sound! Before with default pads the SPC cable sounds out-right too bright, but off-set by the more even upper end response of the jergpads they actually now sound snappy and detailed without that piercing brightness. Bass tightens up a bit too. I'm contemplating dropping my old Hifiman coppers and just go with the SPCs.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphones to try? 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 seconds ago
- › Need good Amp for AKG K7XX to use it on pc .phone and ps4 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › Is it worth it to upgrade to the Vmoda m100 from the crossfadeLP? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)