- 14,028 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, I ACTUALLY have another deal in effect in which I MIGHT acquire those LCD2s I first demoed, along with a foam headband. That headphone is the one I truly want... unless the D7000 magically appears before I get an answer from Justin via pm.
That LCD2 had a signature I'm TRULY missing. It's technically inferior to my vegan LCD2, and it's been passed around like a cheap hooker, but I don't care. I want that one.
If I get it, call my dreams on Head-fi fulfilled. I'll eventually score an HE-500 as an alternative though. LCD2 + velour HE-500 = I'm pretty much done. Unless jerg wants to be super awesome and do some jergpads for me.
I thought you hadn't demoed out the he 500's yet?
Edited by Spiderman - 3/21/13 at 11:59am
Yeah but they were on my head after yours. They told me they didn't like being with you. Sorry.
You well regret the decision in a few minutes, and I thought I was the only one that changed my mind so much when it came to audio.
You should go back and follow up on that. You will always love the d7k best of all.
I think we all have "old loves" that come up from time-to-time. We often remember all the good times of those moments, but tend to forget about the bad ones. I once had a similar experience with the Grado HF-2. But, after getting into the ortho scene, I couldn't tolerate the sound of the HF-2, so I put them up for sale the next day. To me, clearly the fantasy was all that was there. The reality was that they were not as good as my mind had perceived them to be and the recall of the sound was off a bit.
The same can happen with ladies, too.
Tried my jergpadded HE500s with the SPC Hifiman cable (that I got from HE300s for my parents some time ago) today, I'm digging the sound! Before with default pads the SPC cable sounds out-right too bright, but off-set by the more even upper end response of the jergpads they actually now sound snappy and detailed without that piercing brightness. Bass tightens up a bit too. I'm contemplating dropping my old Hifiman coppers and just go with the SPCs.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 20 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 280 pro appreciation thread 45 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 54 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › Help with DAP decisions? 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)