- 14,159 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, I ACTUALLY have another deal in effect in which I MIGHT acquire those LCD2s I first demoed, along with a foam headband. That headphone is the one I truly want... unless the D7000 magically appears before I get an answer from Justin via pm.
That LCD2 had a signature I'm TRULY missing. It's technically inferior to my vegan LCD2, and it's been passed around like a cheap hooker, but I don't care. I want that one.
If I get it, call my dreams on Head-fi fulfilled. I'll eventually score an HE-500 as an alternative though. LCD2 + velour HE-500 = I'm pretty much done. Unless jerg wants to be super awesome and do some jergpads for me.
I thought you hadn't demoed out the he 500's yet?
Edited by Spiderman - 3/21/13 at 11:59am
Yeah but they were on my head after yours. They told me they didn't like being with you. Sorry.
You well regret the decision in a few minutes, and I thought I was the only one that changed my mind so much when it came to audio.
You should go back and follow up on that. You will always love the d7k best of all.
I think we all have "old loves" that come up from time-to-time. We often remember all the good times of those moments, but tend to forget about the bad ones. I once had a similar experience with the Grado HF-2. But, after getting into the ortho scene, I couldn't tolerate the sound of the HF-2, so I put them up for sale the next day. To me, clearly the fantasy was all that was there. The reality was that they were not as good as my mind had perceived them to be and the recall of the sound was off a bit.
The same can happen with ladies, too.
Tried my jergpadded HE500s with the SPC Hifiman cable (that I got from HE300s for my parents some time ago) today, I'm digging the sound! Before with default pads the SPC cable sounds out-right too bright, but off-set by the more even upper end response of the jergpads they actually now sound snappy and detailed without that piercing brightness. Bass tightens up a bit too. I'm contemplating dropping my old Hifiman coppers and just go with the SPCs.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › How do I rip the best quality files for my Dap 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 10 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 12 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 13 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)