- 13,873 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, I ACTUALLY have another deal in effect in which I MIGHT acquire those LCD2s I first demoed, along with a foam headband. That headphone is the one I truly want... unless the D7000 magically appears before I get an answer from Justin via pm.
That LCD2 had a signature I'm TRULY missing. It's technically inferior to my vegan LCD2, and it's been passed around like a cheap hooker, but I don't care. I want that one.
If I get it, call my dreams on Head-fi fulfilled. I'll eventually score an HE-500 as an alternative though. LCD2 + velour HE-500 = I'm pretty much done. Unless jerg wants to be super awesome and do some jergpads for me.
I thought you hadn't demoed out the he 500's yet?
Edited by Spiderman - 3/21/13 at 11:59am
Yeah but they were on my head after yours. They told me they didn't like being with you. Sorry.
You well regret the decision in a few minutes, and I thought I was the only one that changed my mind so much when it came to audio.
You should go back and follow up on that. You will always love the d7k best of all.
I think we all have "old loves" that come up from time-to-time. We often remember all the good times of those moments, but tend to forget about the bad ones. I once had a similar experience with the Grado HF-2. But, after getting into the ortho scene, I couldn't tolerate the sound of the HF-2, so I put them up for sale the next day. To me, clearly the fantasy was all that was there. The reality was that they were not as good as my mind had perceived them to be and the recall of the sound was off a bit.
The same can happen with ladies, too.
Tried my jergpadded HE500s with the SPC Hifiman cable (that I got from HE300s for my parents some time ago) today, I'm digging the sound! Before with default pads the SPC cable sounds out-right too bright, but off-set by the more even upper end response of the jergpads they actually now sound snappy and detailed without that piercing brightness. Bass tightens up a bit too. I'm contemplating dropping my old Hifiman coppers and just go with the SPCs.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking for Help/Reviews with Buysonic.com 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 49 seconds ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted:... 3 minutes ago
- › Unable to display images 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)