- 14,440 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft HD598". I'm a...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Brainwavz AP001 surely has the cute factor, from its small size and unique contemporary design. But that's for the look. As for features, we might wonder, why Brainwavz designed a...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 596
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, I ACTUALLY have another deal in effect in which I MIGHT acquire those LCD2s I first demoed, along with a foam headband. That headphone is the one I truly want... unless the D7000 magically appears before I get an answer from Justin via pm.
That LCD2 had a signature I'm TRULY missing. It's technically inferior to my vegan LCD2, and it's been passed around like a cheap hooker, but I don't care. I want that one.
If I get it, call my dreams on Head-fi fulfilled. I'll eventually score an HE-500 as an alternative though. LCD2 + velour HE-500 = I'm pretty much done. Unless jerg wants to be super awesome and do some jergpads for me.
I thought you hadn't demoed out the he 500's yet?
Edited by Spiderman - 3/21/13 at 11:59am
Yeah but they were on my head after yours. They told me they didn't like being with you. Sorry.
You well regret the decision in a few minutes, and I thought I was the only one that changed my mind so much when it came to audio.
You should go back and follow up on that. You will always love the d7k best of all.
I think we all have "old loves" that come up from time-to-time. We often remember all the good times of those moments, but tend to forget about the bad ones. I once had a similar experience with the Grado HF-2. But, after getting into the ortho scene, I couldn't tolerate the sound of the HF-2, so I put them up for sale the next day. To me, clearly the fantasy was all that was there. The reality was that they were not as good as my mind had perceived them to be and the recall of the sound was off a bit.
The same can happen with ladies, too.
Tried my jergpadded HE500s with the SPC Hifiman cable (that I got from HE300s for my parents some time ago) today, I'm digging the sound! Before with default pads the SPC cable sounds out-right too bright, but off-set by the more even upper end response of the jergpads they actually now sound snappy and detailed without that piercing brightness. Bass tightens up a bit too. I'm contemplating dropping my old Hifiman coppers and just go with the SPCs.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 8 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 11 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Portable Amplifier and DAC for iPod/iPhone (Short... 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)