or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 550

post #8236 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

About to buy a glass dome for my HE-400. Sure they're not $2000 headphones but I believe eliminating dust will prolong the life a good bit.

 

Hey james, do you know the dimensions that would probably fit the HE-400 for the glass dome? I think for the rounded base, 8'' diameter is a minimal with about 8-10'' in height. Also considering buying one, or the clear protective cover provided by Stax.

post #8237 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post

 

Hey james, do you know the dimensions that would probably fit the HE-400 for the glass dome? I think for the rounded base, 8'' diameter is a minimal with about 8-10'' in height. Also considering buying one, or the clear protective cover provided by Stax.

I can measure mine when I get home if you want, just remember if you buy a dome without some way to display them you need to also make sure you get a nice stand to go in the dome, and that the stand itself will fit. For instance, the stand I use is taller than the headphones so my dome need to be able to accommodate my headphones with the stand in it.

 

I'll be purchasing in the next day or two if you want to wait and see what I end up with. I can take pics and stuff.

post #8238 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

I can measure mine when I get home if you want, just remember if you buy a dome without some way to display them you need to also make sure you get a nice stand to go in the dome, and that the stand itself will fit. For instance, the stand I use is taller than the headphones so my dome need to be able to accommodate my headphones with the stand in it.

 

I'll be purchasing in the next day or two if you want to wait and see what I end up with. I can take pics and stuff.


Yep, I have also put the dimensions of the stand into consideration. Just want to see the general dimension range that can be used.

If there is a wood base of the dome that is integrated with the headphone stand, that would be sweet...

post #8239 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post


Yep, I have also put the dimensions of the stand into consideration. Just want to see the general dimension range that can be used.

If there is a wood base of the dome that is integrated with the headphone stand, that would be sweet...

I found this site, it's where I was going to inquire, look simple but nice: http://www.theearthtoymall.com/gldodowioakb.html

post #8240 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

I found this site, it's where I was going to inquire, look simple but nice: http://www.theearthtoymall.com/gldodowioakb.html

 

Nice! I was looking at Amazon, but this site gives out much wider options on sizes, thanks!

post #8241 of 20471

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a pair of the HE-400 and they'll be my first good pair of headphones ever as I've been an IEM guy.  I'm very much interested to see if I'll like them as much or maybe even more than IEM's as the most expensive IEM I owned was the $400 SM3 V2's that I just sold today which is why I got these.

post #8242 of 20471

Speaking of ascetics, the W1000x is just awesome in person, the wood is so much nicer then the D5/7ks.  

 

 

post #8243 of 20471

Where can I get some of these jergpads I hear so much about.

post #8244 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

Where can I get some of these jergpads I hear so much about.

You're probably going to have to make those yourself~! 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013 If you haven't seen the thread already.

post #8245 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a pair of the HE-400 and they'll be my first good pair of headphones ever as I've been an IEM guy.  I'm very much interested to see if I'll like them as much or maybe even more than IEM's as the most expensive IEM I owned was the $400 SM3 V2's that I just sold today which is why I got these.

 

Awesome. I think you'll be impressed. I've tried experimenting in both camps and think I have a pretty decent foothold in each. I'd say full sized generally have a unique positive trait that IEMs can't match being the small drivers that they are. Plus, you're getting a planar!

post #8246 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

Awesome. I think you'll be impressed. I've tried experimenting in both camps and think I have a pretty decent foothold in each. I'd say full sized generally have a unique positive trait that IEMs can't match being the small drivers that they are. Plus, you're getting a planar!

 

 

Yeah I've wanted to try a planar for quite some time and thought now was as good a time than any.  I just hope the upper mids and lower treble aren't as recessed sounding as some of the graphs I've seen show but from what I've read I don't think it will be to bad.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

You're probably going to have to make those yourself~! 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013 If you haven't seen the thread already.

 

 

Thanks for the bro link and now to learn how to make them.

post #8247 of 20471

Everytime i see anyone writing about the "looks" of a HP, i wonder why it matters.

I know a lot of people used to laught at me when i first got my first around-the-ear HPs and used them when on the streets.

Now, after beats, everyone thinks its cool, and many people use AKGs, Senns, etc.

 

People are full of BS so i dont think it matters that much what they think about my HPS (whenever they are nice or ugly) and i dont plan to be posing as a model with them on (not to mention i have a huge nose so i doubt ill get there).

 

For me the LCD-2/3 Looks cool (ugly but cool). That sort of retro from space style with a strange mesh format looks like its shouting "look at me, look at me" :D.

 

However it does bother me that they are heavy, or they clamping force, or that my ears sweat.... comfort issues basicly.

 

I guess icare about the sound quality and comfort so much that the looks become a pointless part.

post #8248 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post

Everytime i see anyone writing about the "looks" of a HP, i wonder why it matters.

I know a lot of people used to laught at me when i first got my first around-the-ear HPs and used them when on the streets.

Now, after beats, everyone thinks its cool, and many people use AKGs, Senns, etc.

 

People are full of BS so i dont think it matters that much what they think about my HPS (whenever they are nice or ugly) and i dont plan to be posing as a model with them on (not to mention i have a huge nose so i doubt ill get there).

 

For me the LCD-2/3 Looks cool (ugly but cool). That sort of retro from space style with a strange mesh format looks like its shouting "look at me, look at me" :D.

 

However it does bother me that they are heavy, or they clamping force, or that my ears sweat.... comfort issues basicly.

 

I guess icare about the sound quality and comfort so much that the looks become a pointless part.

 

I totally agree as I could care less how something looks as long as they sound good, I mean there could be a headphone that's only in pink but they sounds amazing and I'd rock the crap out of them on the streets no problem. I always laugh when I'm selling a pair of IEM's because I don't usually post pics unless they ask and some people wont buy a pair because they're not the color they want like the e-Q5 for instance they wanted black not the silver ones.  There IEM's its not like you can see much of them when your wearing them anyways.

 

I've never cared about the looks of a pair of IEM's or headphones and all the people that buy stuff like Beats just for looks are just plain D-bags imo (I hope that doesn't offend anyone).

post #8249 of 20471
My priorities are sound and comfort being basically equal, and looks being important but not as much as the other two. In the case of a vegan LCD2, sound is first, followed by the comfort (heard vegan pads make it a bit more comfy), and looks while important, are an exception here in my case.
post #8250 of 20471

So can anyone tell me how these headphones pair with a Matrix M-Stage? I've had a hard time finding information on that combo. Both get very good reviews and seem to be incredible value, and if they happen to have good synergy, they'd be one of the best mid-fi deals ever.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**