- 12,638 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 10/29/13 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 12/9/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: Yesterday
I've auditioned the first Aurvana a couple of times, and I've always liked it, but never purchased it. Anyway, this new Aurvana is so good! I believe the drivers are the same as the first...
As I contemplated giving these a go, I became aware that there was one thing that I wasn't too thrilled about. No mic or controls. I am a person constantly on the go, so most of my listening...
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 540post #8086 of 151392/28/13 at 10:09pmNah, I've moved on from the HE400. It's Annie + D7000 or TH-600 as my end game.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8087 of 151392/28/13 at 10:27pmpost #8088 of 151392/28/13 at 10:30pm
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.post #8089 of 151392/28/13 at 10:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ozarkcdn
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.
Ugh god and just when I was thinking of buying another he-400, big fan of the sound not so much on the build quality.post #8090 of 151392/28/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
You'll be back.post #8091 of 151392/28/13 at 10:39pmpost #8092 of 151392/28/13 at 11:36pmI won't. I got tired of the harsh treble and thin mids (in comparison to the Annie). If I come back to Hifiman, it will be for the HE500 or whatever new model comes out. Perhaps a successor to the HE400, that has more mids and less treble, similar weight or less.post #8093 of 151392/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
OK.post #8094 of 151392/28/13 at 11:55pmpost #8095 of 151393/1/13 at 12:14ampost #8096 of 151393/1/13 at 12:22ampost #8097 of 151393/1/13 at 12:45am
I understand your desire to move. There are some things in the HE-400 i don't like either, like sibilance in vocals. But since i listen to instrumental Jazz 90% of the time, i really don't feel the need to move yet once i think they do this genre flawlessly. To me the pros make it up for the cons.
Edited by Okamoto - 3/1/13 at 12:50ampost #8098 of 151393/1/13 at 1:59amQuote:
After squeezing them in hot water the gray pads are perfectly comfortable ;D No itching, like big pillows.
The white ones are nice too ans will be my back-up pads but are slightly thinner for my bigger ears.post #8099 of 151393/1/13 at 5:21amQuote:
Have to ask, what's the Annie ? Audeze ?
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › PCIe Sound Card Vs USB Sound 18 seconds ago
- › FAQ About E17 40 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser 558 plus Schiit Vali? 1 minute ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 2 minutes ago
- › December 2013 Mid-Level DAC Comparison 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 4 minutes ago
- › IC - Near New B&W P7's - Melbourne Australia 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction 6 minutes ago
- › i'd like an open sub $300 pair of headphones with detachable cable... 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Sicher
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe