- 13,615 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 540post #8086 of 170232/28/13 at 10:09pmNah, I've moved on from the HE400. It's Annie + D7000 or TH-600 as my end game.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8087 of 170232/28/13 at 10:27pmpost #8088 of 170232/28/13 at 10:30pm
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.post #8089 of 170232/28/13 at 10:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ozarkcdn
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.
Ugh god and just when I was thinking of buying another he-400, big fan of the sound not so much on the build quality.post #8090 of 170232/28/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
You'll be back.post #8091 of 170232/28/13 at 10:39pmpost #8092 of 170232/28/13 at 11:36pmI won't. I got tired of the harsh treble and thin mids (in comparison to the Annie). If I come back to Hifiman, it will be for the HE500 or whatever new model comes out. Perhaps a successor to the HE400, that has more mids and less treble, similar weight or less.post #8093 of 170232/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
OK.post #8094 of 170232/28/13 at 11:55pmpost #8095 of 170233/1/13 at 12:14ampost #8096 of 170233/1/13 at 12:22ampost #8097 of 170233/1/13 at 12:45am
I understand your desire to move. There are some things in the HE-400 i don't like either, like sibilance in vocals. But since i listen to instrumental Jazz 90% of the time, i really don't feel the need to move yet once i think they do this genre flawlessly. To me the pros make it up for the cons.
Edited by Okamoto - 3/1/13 at 12:50ampost #8098 of 170233/1/13 at 1:59amQuote:
After squeezing them in hot water the gray pads are perfectly comfortable ;D No itching, like big pillows.
The white ones are nice too ans will be my back-up pads but are slightly thinner for my bigger ears.post #8099 of 170233/1/13 at 5:21amQuote:
Have to ask, what's the Annie ? Audeze ?
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Band Name Game II 6 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 12 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 + Rockbox finally here (Latest Update: 2014-03-25) 56 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW]: SoundMAGIC HP100 - The Natural All-Rounder Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob