- 13,323 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 540post #8086 of 167692/28/13 at 10:09pmNah, I've moved on from the HE400. It's Annie + D7000 or TH-600 as my end game.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8087 of 167692/28/13 at 10:27pmpost #8088 of 167692/28/13 at 10:30pm
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.post #8089 of 167692/28/13 at 10:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by ozarkcdn
Bummer mi amigos... L channel went dead yesterday. Bought my cans from crutchfield and yesterday was the 59th day out of the 60 day trial. Literally at 11:15pm they died so I hurriedly submitted a RMA for a return before having to mess around with sending them in and waiting for a repair. Hopefully will get credited soon and place another order with a certain frequent contributor on the thread.
Ugh god and just when I was thinking of buying another he-400, big fan of the sound not so much on the build quality.post #8090 of 167692/28/13 at 10:38pmQuote:
You'll be back.post #8091 of 167692/28/13 at 10:39pmpost #8092 of 167692/28/13 at 11:36pmI won't. I got tired of the harsh treble and thin mids (in comparison to the Annie). If I come back to Hifiman, it will be for the HE500 or whatever new model comes out. Perhaps a successor to the HE400, that has more mids and less treble, similar weight or less.post #8093 of 167692/28/13 at 11:39pmQuote:
OK.post #8094 of 167692/28/13 at 11:55pmpost #8095 of 167693/1/13 at 12:14ampost #8096 of 167693/1/13 at 12:22ampost #8097 of 167693/1/13 at 12:45am
I understand your desire to move. There are some things in the HE-400 i don't like either, like sibilance in vocals. But since i listen to instrumental Jazz 90% of the time, i really don't feel the need to move yet once i think they do this genre flawlessly. To me the pros make it up for the cons.
Edited by Okamoto - 3/1/13 at 12:50ampost #8098 of 167693/1/13 at 1:59amQuote:
After squeezing them in hot water the gray pads are perfectly comfortable ;D No itching, like big pillows.
The white ones are nice too ans will be my back-up pads but are slightly thinner for my bigger ears.post #8099 of 167693/1/13 at 5:21amQuote:
Have to ask, what's the Annie ? Audeze ?
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Monoprice 8323 Microphonics 1 minute ago
- › 2 month old Sennheiser HD800s - perfect condition 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help me upgrade from my Audio-Technica ATH-A700 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › DAC/Amp for connecting Oppo BDP-103 to Grado SR225s. 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W3000ANV 9 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade to external DAC 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude