Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 539

post #8071 of 17929

Thinking about jumping on these but I can't find anywhere in the UK at a good price, I've found this chap in ebay (http://tinyurl.com/bvxlooc) willing to ship them from the states to the UK which works out at £275 inc devl if I don't get clobbered by the tax man, has any UK folk used this seller before? do they look 'legit'?

post #8072 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider007 View Post

Thinking about jumping on these but I can't find anywhere in the UK at a good price, I've found this chap in ebay (http://tinyurl.com/bvxlooc) willing to ship them from the states to the UK which works out at £275 inc devl if I don't get clobbered by the tax man, has any UK folk used this seller before? do they look 'legit'?

That's the manufacturers ebay page.

post #8073 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider007 View Post

Thinking about jumping on these but I can't find anywhere in the UK at a good price, I've found this chap in ebay (http://tinyurl.com/bvxlooc) willing to ship them from the states to the UK which works out at £275 inc devl if I don't get clobbered by the tax man, has any UK folk used this seller before? do they look 'legit'?

It's Hifiman themselves (aka head-direct). Instruct them to declare a low value and mark as gift, you'll get little to no import tax. However you'll still have to pay VAT (20% of shipping + declared value) and EMS handling fee (either 8 or 13 GBP). 

 

Custom clearance and processing took 1 week though - Parcelforce is crap. You may get more luck than me.

post #8074 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider007 View Post

Thinking about jumping on these but I can't find anywhere in the UK at a good price, I've found this chap in ebay (http://tinyurl.com/bvxlooc) willing to ship them from the states to the UK which works out at £275 inc devl if I don't get clobbered by the tax man, has any UK folk used this seller before? do they look 'legit'?

 

This is official manufacturer, they are great guys. I got HE-400 from them, shipping to CZ was 18$ which is like free :) they will do whatever u ask them biggrin.gif Definitely recommend them.

post #8075 of 17929

Hey guys, with the help of Merkil's volunteer earpads I finally got v2.0 jergpad guide down, check it out:

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013

post #8076 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Hey guys, with the help of Merkil's volunteer earpads I finally got v2.0 jergpad guide down, check it out:

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013

Nice job. That's a lot of work. beerchug.gif

post #8077 of 17929
Thread Starter 

Very nice Jerg. Your contributions are certainly appreciated!!

post #8078 of 17929

Guys, it would seem the Hifiman Velour pads might have undergone a slight change.

As of now I have two - one came with my first pair in December and the others with my second pair sometimes in Jan - Feb

 

You can easily see they look different.

 

The grey ones are slightly deeper but slightly less soft

The black ones are less deep but slightly softer

 

Any ideas? Are there any newer and older pads still around?

 

 

I did the "hot water mod" they are NOTICEABLY softer now

 

 

And then I realized they were not the same :O

 

Will give impressions tomorrow - on the comfort improvement.

 

I will probably stick with the slightly thicker ones as I have relatively big ears, but might A/B them later

post #8079 of 17929

Since when exactly Hifiman has two different velour pads?

Gray ones - thicker, slightly stiffer

Black ones - shallower, slightly softer

 

One came with an older batch HE-6, one came with a newer one...

 

 

Letting them dry up after some hot water squishing 

 

 

 

And I suddenly notice there are two different pairs.

 

Both definitely softer, will probably prefer the deeper ones due to my bigger ears, will probably try both though.

Comfort should be definitely a + either way, MUCH softer than before the "hot water" mod :D


Edited by conquerator2 - 2/28/13 at 2:53pm
post #8080 of 17929
Thread Starter 

There are currently web site problems. That may be the issue.

post #8081 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

There are currently web site problems. That may be the issue.

Its ok now, 2nd attempt successful + edit :) 

post #8082 of 17929

Having gutted two pairs of velours so far (for jergpad mod), I know they are different versions:

 

 

 

The white foams are the same as the foams used in pleather pads. The gray foams are not. Not sure which velours are the newer versions though.

post #8083 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Having gutted two pairs of velours so far (for jergpad mod), I know they are different versions:

 

 

 

The white foams are the same as the foams used in pleather pads. The gray foams are not. Not sure which velours are the newer versions though.

Well as ya'll know I got my HE-400 in the last couple months and my velours are white inside. They came from Justin at HeadAmp, and I know that they're white because mine are coming apart (Justin is replacing them for me because he's awesome, of course)

post #8084 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Well as ya'll know I got my HE-400 in the last couple months and my velours are white inside. They came from Justin at HeadAmp, and I know that they're white because mine are coming apart (Justin is replacing them for me because he's awesome, of course)

All of my 3 pairs of velours have the poofy grey foam actually; the white foam velours are from the velour pads that Merkil sent me to be sacrificed for the jergpad mod.

post #8085 of 17929
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

Hey guys, with the help of Merkil's volunteer earpads I finally got v2.0 jergpad guide down, check it out:

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/646812/hifiman-he500-he400-jergpad-mod-v2-0-new-revised-feb-28-2013

 

MLE's gonna love to hear that news... or maybe not.

 

Are you selling those Jerg? how much are you asking?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**