Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 464

post #6946 of 18156

I'll have to keep that stuff in mind when summer comes around, thanks beaver.

 

For the moment the J$ pads are perfect for me.

post #6947 of 18156

Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?

post #6948 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster8tio View Post

Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?

Personal insults usually work for me.

post #6949 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster8tio View Post

Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?

Physical violence is mostly not necessary. Just show the pads who's the boss.

post #6950 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Physical violence is mostly not necessary. Just show the pads who's the boss.

Alright. I thought i did that, will try later on then.

post #6951 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster8tio View Post

Alright. I thought i did that, will try later on then.

You should kinda push where the tab to be fitted is supposed to be fit. Then push it down at the same time while trying to be carefulwink.gif

post #6952 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Personal insults usually work for me.

 

Do you direct those insults to yourself?  Or, to the headphones and pads?  biggrin.gif
 

I was just trying to seek a bit of clarity in the event I encounter this same situation.  wink.gif

 

Thank you,

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Physical violence is mostly not necessary. Just show the pads who's the boss.

 

Great point.  Usually, physical violence should not be taken out on the headphones, or you'll have to use your backups, while HifiMAN takes a month to replace your damaged HE-400s. tongue.gif


Edited by wje - 2/6/13 at 9:56am
post #6953 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

Can't place an order just yet, need to re-arrange some funds first. But that's why I posted here, maybe someone who's willing could give it a go. Maybe next week I can order. Im anticipating good results!

 

Why not just purchase some velour locally from a fabric store?  Then, cut the circular pieces to size and use a small amount of rubber cement to adhere the velour to the pads?  I believe in doing this, the modification should be reveresible, as the rubber cement would be quite easily removed from the surface.  It's kind of hard to tell what kind of adhesive is supplied on the velour with the adhesive backing - and, hopefully over time, it wouldn't rip up the pads if you were to remove the velour.

 

Just a thought ...

post #6954 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Do you direct those insults to yourself?  Or, to the headphones and pads?  biggrin.gif
 

I was just trying to seek a bit of clarity in the event I encounter this same situation.  wink.gif

 

Thank you,

I experience the same. Assaults for all of us if they are very stubborn (me, 'phones and pads)

post #6955 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster8tio View Post

Just put the original Velour pads on mine.. and I can not get them to stay on. I managed to get 2 flips to get correct but not all four. Should I use violence or is there an easier way?


Yea. Get 2 in then while keeping those locked in (pressing down and out on them gently) rotate the pad until you find the next gap/tab and it's at a place where you can easily manipulate it. You kind of have to push down and in to get it in place. Then rotate to the next tab. I find it a little harder to finagle the other tabs into place if you don't rotate the pad.


Edited by whiskaz - 2/6/13 at 10:21am
post #6956 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

Why not just purchase some velour locally from a fabric store?  Then, cut the circular pieces to size and use a small amount of rubber cement to adhere the velour to the pads?  I believe in doing this, the modification should be reveresible, as the rubber cement would be quite easily removed from the surface.  It's kind of hard to tell what kind of adhesive is supplied on the velour with the adhesive backing - and, hopefully over time, it wouldn't rip up the pads if you were to remove the velour.

 

Just a thought ...

 

I was actually considering taking the pads to my grandmother's place, it's like a mini fabric store there. She's also really handy with sewing (who's grandmother isn't?), maybe the pads would look more professional if I had the velour sewed onto the pleather. Watch this space..

post #6957 of 18156

Mad Lust Envy -

 

You already know the outcome, why bother with the review.

 

All the Sonic irritants will disappear with that mod, and no new irritants will emerge. The Night and Day difference will be presented to Hifi-Man, who will reward the modder with $1 million dollars, and apologize to all customers for having "cut corners" when designing the world's best $400 dollar headphone.

post #6958 of 18156

That being said, I am going to put my pleathers back on to see if anything changes.

 

beyersmile.png

 

You people are making me nutty!

post #6959 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post

Mad Lust Envy -

 

You already know the outcome, why bother with the review.

 

All the Sonic irritants will disappear with that mod, and no new irritants will emerge. The Night and Day difference will be presented to Hifi-Man, who will reward the modder with $1 million dollars, and apologize to all customers for having "cut corners" when designing the world's best $400 dollar headphone.

Well it's a material he likes now rather than pleather/leather, so of course he wants to hear positive reviews of its sound quality changes now.

post #6960 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post

That being said, I am going to put my pleathers back on to see if anything changes.

 

beyersmile.png

 

You people are making me nutty!

 

I wouldn't recommend it, stock pleather pads sound like poop. Voices sound really wonky with them. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**