- 14,348 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Okamoto, those tube amps seem to favor higher impedance if youre getting such a low amount of power at 32ohm. I would look into something that favors higher current, low impedance which would be better suited for planar magnetics. Maybe OTL tube amps? I will eventually get one too, not too expensive.
Any particular model in mind?
The only one i know is the Bottlehead Crack, but it seems it also favors higher impedance cans.
I'm sure someone can help you though. I'm also not sure if OTL tube amps favor low or high impedance.
In the bottlehead crack manual, as well as on its description on the site, it's saying it's recommended to use it with >100Ohm cans.
Maybe they didn't take low impedance orthodynamics into consideration, i don't know. I know nothing about OTL amps.
Any matrix m-stage love here? I love my m-stage for it's colored/warm sound. That might be what Okamoto is looking for. Has anyone tried this pairing as I'm interested as well. I plan on getting the he-400's soon. I don't mean to barge in here, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while. I suspect it to be the cause of my overwhelming desire to get the he-400.
Got any examples of older trance?
I do and I will post some for you. but how do i embed a youtube link so its not just a link and it plays from this page? "a image url" ?
That album is fantastic! Sounds great in FLAC.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 28 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 52 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)