- 13,876 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a Brainwavz representative to try out a free pair of S5 IEMs under the condition I would write a review for them. I received them in mid July and have sampled them...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 425
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Okamoto, those tube amps seem to favor higher impedance if youre getting such a low amount of power at 32ohm. I would look into something that favors higher current, low impedance which would be better suited for planar magnetics. Maybe OTL tube amps? I will eventually get one too, not too expensive.
Any particular model in mind?
The only one i know is the Bottlehead Crack, but it seems it also favors higher impedance cans.
I'm sure someone can help you though. I'm also not sure if OTL tube amps favor low or high impedance.
In the bottlehead crack manual, as well as on its description on the site, it's saying it's recommended to use it with >100Ohm cans.
Maybe they didn't take low impedance orthodynamics into consideration, i don't know. I know nothing about OTL amps.
Any matrix m-stage love here? I love my m-stage for it's colored/warm sound. That might be what Okamoto is looking for. Has anyone tried this pairing as I'm interested as well. I plan on getting the he-400's soon. I don't mean to barge in here, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while. I suspect it to be the cause of my overwhelming desire to get the he-400.
Got any examples of older trance?
I do and I will post some for you. but how do i embed a youtube link so its not just a link and it plays from this page? "a image url" ?
That album is fantastic! Sounds great in FLAC.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required 55 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Suggestions on upgrade from Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro's? 3 minutes ago
- › Heir 4.ai 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › I'm really sensitive to sibilance and strong treble; should I rule... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by hans030390
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)