- 13,647 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 425post #6361 of 170651/27/13 at 4:40pmOkamoto, those tube amps seem to favor higher impedance if youre getting such a low amount of power at 32ohm. I would look into something that favors higher current, low impedance which would be better suited for planar magnetics. Maybe OTL tube amps? I will eventually get one too, not too expensive.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6362 of 170651/27/13 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
Okamoto, those tube amps seem to favor higher impedance if youre getting such a low amount of power at 32ohm. I would look into something that favors higher current, low impedance which would be better suited for planar magnetics. Maybe OTL tube amps? I will eventually get one too, not too expensive.
Any particular model in mind?
The only one i know is the Bottlehead Crack, but it seems it also favors higher impedance cans.post #6363 of 170651/27/13 at 5:09pmI dunno, as I never really looked into tube amps outside of maybe the toy ones on ebay (Bravo V2), and the Lyr.
I'm sure someone can help you though. I'm also not sure if OTL tube amps favor low or high impedance.post #6364 of 170651/27/13 at 5:13pmpost #6365 of 170651/27/13 at 5:30pmpost #6366 of 170651/27/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
In the bottlehead crack manual, as well as on its description on the site, it's saying it's recommended to use it with >100Ohm cans.
Maybe they didn't take low impedance orthodynamics into consideration, i don't know. I know nothing about OTL amps.post #6367 of 170651/27/13 at 5:44pmpost #6368 of 170651/27/13 at 5:51pm
Any matrix m-stage love here? I love my m-stage for it's colored/warm sound. That might be what Okamoto is looking for. Has anyone tried this pairing as I'm interested as well. I plan on getting the he-400's soon. I don't mean to barge in here, but I've been eyeing this thread for a while. I suspect it to be the cause of my overwhelming desire to get the he-400.post #6369 of 170651/27/13 at 6:22pmpost #6370 of 170651/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #6371 of 170651/27/13 at 6:27pmpost #6372 of 170651/27/13 at 7:17pmpost #6373 of 170651/27/13 at 7:21pmQuote:
Got any examples of older trance?post #6374 of 170651/27/13 at 7:26pm
I do and I will post some for you. but how do i embed a youtube link so its not just a link and it plays from this page? "a image url" ?post #6375 of 170651/27/13 at 7:49pmQuote:
That album is fantastic! Sounds great in FLAC.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FS: iBasso DX50 25 seconds ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 5 minutes ago
- › ::Mad Dog VS A900 - The Next Chapter?:: 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob