Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 394

post #5896 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

For those in the US who have ordered the J$ pads from Jeremy.. did anyone get tracking info or have they received their pads?  Just curious as I paid for mine over a week ago ago and no correspondence since.  I know he's moving to Paris, but I didn't get a PM with tracking info or shipping confirmation.


I have not received mine yet, but still waiting for the mail to arrive for today.  I had sent a payment to Jeremy on the 9th - he confirmed that he received payment but I didn't get any other information.  I knew that he would be busy over the next week or two with moving, but I'm not sure if he was planning on mailing them before he left, after settling in, or have them sent from the remaining stock that was mailed to Wayne.  Best bet would be to send him a PM I'd guess.

 

Edit:  Ah, didn't consider customs...would explain alot!


Edited by modulor - 1/22/13 at 11:54am
post #5897 of 17742

A thicker dust screen fabric (i.e. from the stock pleather pads) will tame the treble a bit more than no/thin nylon fabric. It might be a welcoming thing to some who are sensitive to HE400's mid/upper treble emphasis.

post #5898 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkil View Post


Yup. You definitely could use those. I opted for a piece of nylon from my wife's stockings. I like it better than any of the stock filters as it is the most transparent. I'm not sure how these pads will sound with a thicker screen. But you can experiment with the rings from the velours and hear the difference.
No tracking info for me or anyone i think. They just showed up. Granted for you they are going cross boarder so it could take longer 10-20 days cause of customs. Probably up to 4 weeks but that is like worst case scenario. Just wait a bit longer.


I got a pair that has thinner, more transparent nylon at the bottom and thicker at the top (doesn't seem as thick as the stock pleather pads, though...sort of in-between), so I'll be trying a few options when my j$ arrive.

post #5899 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

A thicker dust screen fabric (i.e. from the stock pleather pads) will tame the treble a bit more than no/thin nylon fabric. It might be a welcoming thing to some who are sensitive to HE400's mid/upper treble emphasis.

This makes a lot of sense. My only concern is with the distance from your ear and a thicker filter. The J$ pads are thicker so your ears are further from the drivers. I'm not sure if a thick filter might recess the mids/upper treble a little too much. Or does the distance not matter jerg? You are a pad expert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post


I got a pair that has thinner, more transparent nylon at the bottom and thicker at the top (doesn't seem as thick as the stock pleather pads, though...sort of in-between), so I'll be trying a few options when my j$ arrive.

That's the best way to do it. Tailor it to your taste. You will be able to put the screen on and hold it there without any glue so it will be easy.
post #5900 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkil View Post


Yup. You definitely could use those. I opted for a piece of nylon from my wife's stockings. I like it better than any of the stock filters as it is the most transparent. I'm not sure how these pads will sound with a thicker screen. But you can experiment with the rings from the velours and hear the difference.
No tracking info for me or anyone i think. They just showed up. Granted for you they are going cross boarder so it could take longer 10-20 days cause of customs. Probably up to 4 weeks but that is like worst case scenario. Just wait a bit longer.

Man, customs can really take that long sometimes?

 

Oh well, guess I just have to wait another week or so.

post #5901 of 17742

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkil View Post


I believe that the remaining stock is with a member in this thread, wje. Message him if you are interested in a pair!

Thanks merkil! I'll check on that. I'm also interested on pictures of your HE-400 with the new pads!

post #5902 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4 View Post

Man, customs can really take that long sometimes?

Oh well, guess I just have to wait another week or so.

Customs can be brutally long lol but for the most part I would guess you'll get them in 10-14 days. That's the usual time it takes for me to get packages from the US up to Canada
post #5903 of 17742
Thread Starter 

I've been pretty lucky on customs issues except once. Customs sliced open a nice power cable that I had bought off the used forums here. Looking for drugs or a bomb...don't know. 

 

 

post #5904 of 17742

I take back all negative i said about the HE-400.

 

Took me 2 months to fully understand these HP.

Fo the price, assuming you can put up to the discomfort of the weight, there are the best HP i have heard (i hope i will never hear something better or ill have to be sorry about my wallet).

post #5905 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I've been pretty lucky on customs issues except once. Customs sliced open a nice power cable that I had bought off the used forums here. Looking for drugs or a bomb...don't know. 




That's brutal!! And I just got my custom cable mailed out to me today ! Lol

What did you do? Contact customs?
post #5906 of 17742

My borrowed HE-400 left the house today frown.gif So sad, but now I have the HE-500 to cheer myself with biggrin.gif

Like how we have 'tours' of different head-fi related equipment on my national head-fi forum. A great way for sellers to promote their equipment too!

post #5907 of 17742

The HE-400 definitely LIKE more power, I've come to the conclusion. Cool thing too, my fiancee' is in love with how tiny the Magni + Modi are. She thinks they're "adorable." So when I upgrade in the future I'll use them to start her rig :]

post #5908 of 17742
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkil View Post


That's brutal!! And I just got my custom cable mailed out to me today ! Lol

What did you do? Contact customs?

 

I contacted the headier that I bought the cable from. He issued a refund and took it up with customs. 

post #5909 of 17742

Being interested in getting a used HE-400, I am wondering about the revisions of this headphone that I've read about. Some people say of as many as 4 revisions altogether (official and unofficial). I believe the latest one offers the best build and the best sound-quality of all. How to recognize the latest revision of HE-400? Thank you.

post #5910 of 17742
Quote:
Originally Posted by korzena View Post

Being interested in getting a used HE-400, I am wondering about the revisions of this headphone that I've read about. Some people say of as many as 4 revisions altogether (official and unofficial). I believe the latest one offers the best build and the best sound-quality of all. How to recognize the latest revision of HE-400? Thank you.

Pop off the earpads. The driver should have a clear/opaque plastic, not bone coloured, not black.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**