Next step you should take is to build some horns 6'' horns from their pads to help the displacement of the planar speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 380
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup, it is. I have heard that the hifimans aren't too picky when it comes to output impedance of an amp, but idk for sure
I had the same combo before the lyr and it's a very good pairing. I'm really not too hung up on numbers...I prefer to go by ear. And to me ears the e09k on low gain with the e17 sounded very good.
I hope you're right.
In any case, do you have any other amp recommendation to use with the E17? Something more in the warm side, maybe?
I got mine running on a bunch of Fiio products and these sound pretty good. I cannot compare to any higher end devices as I'm new and have not bought higher end equipment...yet.
This is a Galaxy Note 2 -- Fiio E7 -- Fiio L9 Line Out -- Fiio E11 (high gain and bass boost) -- HE-400
This is the HE-400 with the Fiio E17/E09k (make sure lobypass is set on the E17)...along with my AKG K550.
The problem with odac is that it's usb only. I need a dac with spdif input.
Is E17 that worse than odac?
Edited by Okamoto - 1/20/13 at 11:49am
why not high gain? and what volume did you leave e17 on.. im doin gain on e09 + e17 volume 55 no gain.. but only 50% volume in my music player as any higher distorts ez for some reason (ive tried replaygain etc doesnt do anything)
^^ Amps always have a better sound when you can use the lowest gain and still get the volume that you are looking for IMO. Start low and then move to more gain if you need it, especially with the he400.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 15 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 10 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)