Next step you should take is to build some horns 6'' horns from their pads to help the displacement of the planar speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Integrated amplifiers. We all know what they are, right? The classic definition involves having a power amplifier and a preamplifier integrated into the same chassis. Hence the name. It...
Will keep this review short but these are my impressions after a week of listening to a range of FLAC and a few HD files of every main genre of music: Sources used: FiiO X5 Sony...
Take the well received Akg K545, and add 50 dollars for a mic, amp, nfc, battery and Bluetooth capability. Is it worth it? TLDR, if you don’t have an amp and/or want bluetooth, put this in your top...
This is my first review here. Previously owned Beyerdynamic DT 770 , Audio-Technica m20, Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Stil have a pair of AKG k450. I exchanged Sennheiser Momentum on-ear for those...
Let’s get started :- BRAINWAVZ S0: Hitting the sweet spot This time round, BRAINWAVZ have a new earphone and it seems to be a subordinate of the S5. It seems like the folks over...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 380
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup, it is. I have heard that the hifimans aren't too picky when it comes to output impedance of an amp, but idk for sure
I had the same combo before the lyr and it's a very good pairing. I'm really not too hung up on numbers...I prefer to go by ear. And to me ears the e09k on low gain with the e17 sounded very good.
I hope you're right.
In any case, do you have any other amp recommendation to use with the E17? Something more in the warm side, maybe?
I got mine running on a bunch of Fiio products and these sound pretty good. I cannot compare to any higher end devices as I'm new and have not bought higher end equipment...yet.
This is a Galaxy Note 2 -- Fiio E7 -- Fiio L9 Line Out -- Fiio E11 (high gain and bass boost) -- HE-400
This is the HE-400 with the Fiio E17/E09k (make sure lobypass is set on the E17)...along with my AKG K550.
The problem with odac is that it's usb only. I need a dac with spdif input.
Is E17 that worse than odac?
Edited by Okamoto - 1/20/13 at 11:49am
why not high gain? and what volume did you leave e17 on.. im doin gain on e09 + e17 volume 55 no gain.. but only 50% volume in my music player as any higher distorts ez for some reason (ive tried replaygain etc doesnt do anything)
^^ Amps always have a better sound when you can use the lowest gain and still get the volume that you are looking for IMO. Start low and then move to more gain if you need it, especially with the he400.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 7 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Looking for the best bang for my buck on a pair of earbuds or... 1 minute ago
- › Encoding Theories 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Radiation and smart phones 5 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by cs098
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by bodopopa
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by suman134
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by mlthelasher
- › Takstar TS-671 by paal0
- › Geben iDA-1 Portable Amp/DAC for iDevices by JoeDoe
- › Fischer Audio Consonance V2 by fonzler
- › Beats Mixr On-Ear Headphones by Flagretro
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)