Next step you should take is to build some horns 6'' horns from their pads to help the displacement of the planar speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 380
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5687 of 167321/20/13 at 10:29ampost #5688 of 167321/20/13 at 10:33amQuote:
Yup, it is. I have heard that the hifimans aren't too picky when it comes to output impedance of an amp, but idk for surepost #5689 of 167321/20/13 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
I had the same combo before the lyr and it's a very good pairing. I'm really not too hung up on numbers...I prefer to go by ear. And to me ears the e09k on low gain with the e17 sounded very good.post #5690 of 167321/20/13 at 11:37amQuote:
I hope you're right.
In any case, do you have any other amp recommendation to use with the E17? Something more in the warm side, maybe?post #5691 of 167321/20/13 at 11:41amThread Starterpost #5692 of 167321/20/13 at 11:41am
I got mine running on a bunch of Fiio products and these sound pretty good. I cannot compare to any higher end devices as I'm new and have not bought higher end equipment...yet.
This is a Galaxy Note 2 -- Fiio E7 -- Fiio L9 Line Out -- Fiio E11 (high gain and bass boost) -- HE-400
This is the HE-400 with the Fiio E17/E09k (make sure lobypass is set on the E17)...along with my AKG K550.post #5693 of 167321/20/13 at 11:45amThread Starterpost #5694 of 167321/20/13 at 11:47amQuote:
The problem with odac is that it's usb only. I need a dac with spdif input.
Is E17 that worse than odac?
Edited by Okamoto - 1/20/13 at 11:49ampost #5695 of 167321/20/13 at 11:52ampost #5696 of 167321/20/13 at 11:59ampost #5697 of 167321/20/13 at 12:01pmpost #5698 of 167321/20/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
why not high gain? and what volume did you leave e17 on.. im doin gain on e09 + e17 volume 55 no gain.. but only 50% volume in my music player as any higher distorts ez for some reason (ive tried replaygain etc doesnt do anything)post #5699 of 167321/20/13 at 12:05pmpost #5700 of 167321/20/13 at 12:06pmThread Starter
^^ Amps always have a better sound when you can use the lowest gain and still get the volume that you are looking for IMO. Start low and then move to more gain if you need it, especially with the he400.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New, Sealed Etymotic ER4S 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Classical recommendations based on my limited tastes 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Narmoo! What is that? NEW iem from New company the RIM. 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude