Next step you should take is to build some horns 6'' horns from their pads to help the displacement of the planar speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 380
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5687 of 166731/20/13 at 10:29ampost #5688 of 166731/20/13 at 10:33amQuote:
Yup, it is. I have heard that the hifimans aren't too picky when it comes to output impedance of an amp, but idk for surepost #5689 of 166731/20/13 at 10:42amThread StarterQuote:
I had the same combo before the lyr and it's a very good pairing. I'm really not too hung up on numbers...I prefer to go by ear. And to me ears the e09k on low gain with the e17 sounded very good.post #5690 of 166731/20/13 at 11:37amQuote:
I hope you're right.
In any case, do you have any other amp recommendation to use with the E17? Something more in the warm side, maybe?post #5691 of 166731/20/13 at 11:41amThread Starterpost #5692 of 166731/20/13 at 11:41am
I got mine running on a bunch of Fiio products and these sound pretty good. I cannot compare to any higher end devices as I'm new and have not bought higher end equipment...yet.
This is a Galaxy Note 2 -- Fiio E7 -- Fiio L9 Line Out -- Fiio E11 (high gain and bass boost) -- HE-400
This is the HE-400 with the Fiio E17/E09k (make sure lobypass is set on the E17)...along with my AKG K550.post #5693 of 166731/20/13 at 11:45amThread Starterpost #5694 of 166731/20/13 at 11:47amQuote:
The problem with odac is that it's usb only. I need a dac with spdif input.
Is E17 that worse than odac?
Edited by Okamoto - 1/20/13 at 11:49ampost #5695 of 166731/20/13 at 11:52ampost #5696 of 166731/20/13 at 11:59ampost #5697 of 166731/20/13 at 12:01pmpost #5698 of 166731/20/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
why not high gain? and what volume did you leave e17 on.. im doin gain on e09 + e17 volume 55 no gain.. but only 50% volume in my music player as any higher distorts ez for some reason (ive tried replaygain etc doesnt do anything)post #5699 of 166731/20/13 at 12:05pmpost #5700 of 166731/20/13 at 12:06pmThread Starter
^^ Amps always have a better sound when you can use the lowest gain and still get the volume that you are looking for IMO. Start low and then move to more gain if you need it, especially with the he400.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 24 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 42 seconds ago
- › The Sub-$200 Portable Amps Shootout – 13 (+11) amps compared 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: dual 3 pin xlr female to 4 pin xlr male adapter cable 2 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 3 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › My Very Simple Denon D600 Mod 4 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude