Next step you should take is to build some horns 6'' horns from their pads to help the displacement of the planar speakers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 380
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yup, it is. I have heard that the hifimans aren't too picky when it comes to output impedance of an amp, but idk for sure
I had the same combo before the lyr and it's a very good pairing. I'm really not too hung up on numbers...I prefer to go by ear. And to me ears the e09k on low gain with the e17 sounded very good.
I hope you're right.
In any case, do you have any other amp recommendation to use with the E17? Something more in the warm side, maybe?
I got mine running on a bunch of Fiio products and these sound pretty good. I cannot compare to any higher end devices as I'm new and have not bought higher end equipment...yet.
This is a Galaxy Note 2 -- Fiio E7 -- Fiio L9 Line Out -- Fiio E11 (high gain and bass boost) -- HE-400
This is the HE-400 with the Fiio E17/E09k (make sure lobypass is set on the E17)...along with my AKG K550.
The problem with odac is that it's usb only. I need a dac with spdif input.
Is E17 that worse than odac?
Edited by Okamoto - 1/20/13 at 11:49am
why not high gain? and what volume did you leave e17 on.. im doin gain on e09 + e17 volume 55 no gain.. but only 50% volume in my music player as any higher distorts ez for some reason (ive tried replaygain etc doesnt do anything)
^^ Amps always have a better sound when you can use the lowest gain and still get the volume that you are looking for IMO. Start low and then move to more gain if you need it, especially with the he400.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Apogee One for iPhone/iPad 8 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric V800 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)