Who is Jason and would it work for Poland? :D.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5417 of 170241/17/13 at 9:23am
+3 I ordered from Justin too and got quick delivery, and the velour pads for free. In looking at his site I think that is still the case, along with free shipping.
Edited by sbtruitt - 1/17/13 at 10:21ampost #5418 of 170241/17/13 at 9:25ampost #5419 of 170241/17/13 at 9:35amQuote:
I second thispost #5420 of 170241/17/13 at 10:10am
does anyone else only put 3 out of the 4 earpad tabs in? so it leaves a vent for increased bass reverberation? imo bassheads would love it, as it gives the bass much more presence... you can test out its effect by holding the headphones 1mm from your earpost #5421 of 170241/17/13 at 10:20am
Don't know who Jason is..
Justin = HeadAmp = Great place to buy.post #5422 of 170241/17/13 at 10:20ampost #5423 of 170241/17/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #5424 of 170241/17/13 at 10:33ampost #5425 of 170241/17/13 at 10:59ampost #5426 of 170241/17/13 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by ozarkcdn
Have you read the http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial thread? I found I have a bad resonance at about 9.1khz. That's a pretty 'sibilancy' area, so I followed that thread and tuned down that range, which has helped. Same as if I'm listening to live jazz - the trumpet hits my resonant spot badly and makes me cringe, just as the 400's do with those instruments. That sinegen program mentioned in that thread will help you find any nasty spots.
I've done that. Thanks for the advice.
My "bad" spots were arround 7.7khz and 11.1 khz.
It sacrificed some detail though. I'll use it only with non-instrumental songs.post #5427 of 170241/17/13 at 11:10amQuote:
Thanks Matt. I'd heard of Moon Audio, but didnt realize they were NC (Cary, about an hour from me). Good to know.post #5428 of 170241/17/13 at 11:31am
I ended up saying screw it and bought the Brainwavz stand because Amazon had it for $15 less than MP4 Nation's site. It fits the HE-400 very well and I don't feel like the headband is being stretched at all. Here's a couple pictures.
Also pictured: Shure SRH750 DJ, Creative T40 Series II Speakers, Larry and His Flask ... Flask, HE-400 on Peridot stand, Tetris NES cartridge clock and Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. Also, Cthulhu in the middle, protecting my HE-400. He's very tiny but packs a punch.
Closer:post #5429 of 170241/17/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Headlamp huh? Sounds perfect for someone who's looking for headphones and matching lamps.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › NAD Viso HP20 In-Ear 3 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 24 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 39 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 42 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › . 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › ($40) TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob