Who is Jason and would it work for Poland? :D.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+3 I ordered from Justin too and got quick delivery, and the velour pads for free. In looking at his site I think that is still the case, along with free shipping.
Edited by sbtruitt - 1/17/13 at 10:21am
I second this
does anyone else only put 3 out of the 4 earpad tabs in? so it leaves a vent for increased bass reverberation? imo bassheads would love it, as it gives the bass much more presence... you can test out its effect by holding the headphones 1mm from your ear
Don't know who Jason is..
Justin = HeadAmp = Great place to buy.
Have you read the http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial thread? I found I have a bad resonance at about 9.1khz. That's a pretty 'sibilancy' area, so I followed that thread and tuned down that range, which has helped. Same as if I'm listening to live jazz - the trumpet hits my resonant spot badly and makes me cringe, just as the 400's do with those instruments. That sinegen program mentioned in that thread will help you find any nasty spots.
I've done that. Thanks for the advice.
My "bad" spots were arround 7.7khz and 11.1 khz.
It sacrificed some detail though. I'll use it only with non-instrumental songs.
Thanks Matt. I'd heard of Moon Audio, but didnt realize they were NC (Cary, about an hour from me). Good to know.
I ended up saying screw it and bought the Brainwavz stand because Amazon had it for $15 less than MP4 Nation's site. It fits the HE-400 very well and I don't feel like the headband is being stretched at all. Here's a couple pictures.
Also pictured: Shure SRH750 DJ, Creative T40 Series II Speakers, Larry and His Flask ... Flask, HE-400 on Peridot stand, Tetris NES cartridge clock and Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. Also, Cthulhu in the middle, protecting my HE-400. He's very tiny but packs a punch.
Headlamp huh? Sounds perfect for someone who's looking for headphones and matching lamps.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH 1540 or rather Focal Spirit Classic 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation on Headphones for watching movies 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › AK240 and AKS02 Docking Station 5 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 9 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3