Who is Jason and would it work for Poland? :D.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+3 I ordered from Justin too and got quick delivery, and the velour pads for free. In looking at his site I think that is still the case, along with free shipping.
Edited by sbtruitt - 1/17/13 at 10:21am
I second this
does anyone else only put 3 out of the 4 earpad tabs in? so it leaves a vent for increased bass reverberation? imo bassheads would love it, as it gives the bass much more presence... you can test out its effect by holding the headphones 1mm from your ear
Don't know who Jason is..
Justin = HeadAmp = Great place to buy.
Have you read the http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial thread? I found I have a bad resonance at about 9.1khz. That's a pretty 'sibilancy' area, so I followed that thread and tuned down that range, which has helped. Same as if I'm listening to live jazz - the trumpet hits my resonant spot badly and makes me cringe, just as the 400's do with those instruments. That sinegen program mentioned in that thread will help you find any nasty spots.
I've done that. Thanks for the advice.
My "bad" spots were arround 7.7khz and 11.1 khz.
It sacrificed some detail though. I'll use it only with non-instrumental songs.
Thanks Matt. I'd heard of Moon Audio, but didnt realize they were NC (Cary, about an hour from me). Good to know.
I ended up saying screw it and bought the Brainwavz stand because Amazon had it for $15 less than MP4 Nation's site. It fits the HE-400 very well and I don't feel like the headband is being stretched at all. Here's a couple pictures.
Also pictured: Shure SRH750 DJ, Creative T40 Series II Speakers, Larry and His Flask ... Flask, HE-400 on Peridot stand, Tetris NES cartridge clock and Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. Also, Cthulhu in the middle, protecting my HE-400. He's very tiny but packs a punch.
Headlamp huh? Sounds perfect for someone who's looking for headphones and matching lamps.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 second ago
- › Etymotic ER4P-24 Never Used 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears 2 minutes ago
- › **PRICE DROP**Mr Speakers MAD DOG 3.2 + DOGGIE TREATS + cables 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suggestions on a $150 budget for strictly music listening 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)