Who is Jason and would it work for Poland? :D.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5417 of 170451/17/13 at 9:23am
+3 I ordered from Justin too and got quick delivery, and the velour pads for free. In looking at his site I think that is still the case, along with free shipping.
Edited by sbtruitt - 1/17/13 at 10:21ampost #5418 of 170451/17/13 at 9:25ampost #5419 of 170451/17/13 at 9:35amQuote:
I second thispost #5420 of 170451/17/13 at 10:10am
does anyone else only put 3 out of the 4 earpad tabs in? so it leaves a vent for increased bass reverberation? imo bassheads would love it, as it gives the bass much more presence... you can test out its effect by holding the headphones 1mm from your earpost #5421 of 170451/17/13 at 10:20am
Don't know who Jason is..
Justin = HeadAmp = Great place to buy.post #5422 of 170451/17/13 at 10:20ampost #5423 of 170451/17/13 at 10:27amThread Starterpost #5424 of 170451/17/13 at 10:33ampost #5425 of 170451/17/13 at 10:59ampost #5426 of 170451/17/13 at 10:59amQuote:Originally Posted by ozarkcdn
Have you read the http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial thread? I found I have a bad resonance at about 9.1khz. That's a pretty 'sibilancy' area, so I followed that thread and tuned down that range, which has helped. Same as if I'm listening to live jazz - the trumpet hits my resonant spot badly and makes me cringe, just as the 400's do with those instruments. That sinegen program mentioned in that thread will help you find any nasty spots.
I've done that. Thanks for the advice.
My "bad" spots were arround 7.7khz and 11.1 khz.
It sacrificed some detail though. I'll use it only with non-instrumental songs.post #5427 of 170451/17/13 at 11:10amQuote:
Thanks Matt. I'd heard of Moon Audio, but didnt realize they were NC (Cary, about an hour from me). Good to know.post #5428 of 170451/17/13 at 11:31am
I ended up saying screw it and bought the Brainwavz stand because Amazon had it for $15 less than MP4 Nation's site. It fits the HE-400 very well and I don't feel like the headband is being stretched at all. Here's a couple pictures.
Also pictured: Shure SRH750 DJ, Creative T40 Series II Speakers, Larry and His Flask ... Flask, HE-400 on Peridot stand, Tetris NES cartridge clock and Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. Also, Cthulhu in the middle, protecting my HE-400. He's very tiny but packs a punch.
Closer:post #5429 of 170451/17/13 at 11:43amQuote:
Headlamp huh? Sounds perfect for someone who's looking for headphones and matching lamps.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for... 32 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › beats mixr vs audio technica m-50s????? 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › ATH-W1000X Appreciation Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FS: JKenny Ciunas DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations needed for a new headphone (budget: $200/flexible) 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob