Who is Jason and would it work for Poland? :D.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 362
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+3 I ordered from Justin too and got quick delivery, and the velour pads for free. In looking at his site I think that is still the case, along with free shipping.
Edited by sbtruitt - 1/17/13 at 10:21am
I second this
does anyone else only put 3 out of the 4 earpad tabs in? so it leaves a vent for increased bass reverberation? imo bassheads would love it, as it gives the bass much more presence... you can test out its effect by holding the headphones 1mm from your ear
Don't know who Jason is..
Justin = HeadAmp = Great place to buy.
Have you read the http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial thread? I found I have a bad resonance at about 9.1khz. That's a pretty 'sibilancy' area, so I followed that thread and tuned down that range, which has helped. Same as if I'm listening to live jazz - the trumpet hits my resonant spot badly and makes me cringe, just as the 400's do with those instruments. That sinegen program mentioned in that thread will help you find any nasty spots.
I've done that. Thanks for the advice.
My "bad" spots were arround 7.7khz and 11.1 khz.
It sacrificed some detail though. I'll use it only with non-instrumental songs.
Thanks Matt. I'd heard of Moon Audio, but didnt realize they were NC (Cary, about an hour from me). Good to know.
I ended up saying screw it and bought the Brainwavz stand because Amazon had it for $15 less than MP4 Nation's site. It fits the HE-400 very well and I don't feel like the headband is being stretched at all. Here's a couple pictures.
Also pictured: Shure SRH750 DJ, Creative T40 Series II Speakers, Larry and His Flask ... Flask, HE-400 on Peridot stand, Tetris NES cartridge clock and Creative Aurvana Live! headphones. Also, Cthulhu in the middle, protecting my HE-400. He's very tiny but packs a punch.
Headlamp huh? Sounds perfect for someone who's looking for headphones and matching lamps.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones < ~$125 6 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 8 minutes ago
- › How is Khozmo Stepped Attenuators? 8 minutes ago
- › FS: T5P and Cremona Auditor M 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)