hey guys i just sold my he-400 a friend is selling me his beats what is a good amp for beats???
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 327
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the beats don't need an amp. They have special technology developed by Dr. Dre himself which allows them to be incredibly efficient. Their sound is on par or exceeding that of many electrostats, while requiring less than a fraction of the power. They are that good.
That special technology you mention are just little fairies sitting in the driver sprinkling glitter into your ears when you listen to them.
With those *things* you don't need an amp. You just have to remember to periodically change the batteries, or your B**ts will sound like they've gotten a flat tire.
Actually, didn't Dr. Dre leave the B**ts scene and Monster is marketing them without him? He probably made enough royalties to keep himself stocked with chronic for the rest of his life, so he's all set.
The sad part is, I'm hearing the hissing on a lot of modern indie stuff (like Beach House, for example. All my Beach House stuff now sounds like bad cassette tapes). It's not a major problem, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't want the hissing gone.
I'm looking at the Aune T1 now. Partly because I'm interested in the tube sound, and partly to see how it fares against the E17 and the M&M stack in the sub-$200 DAC/Amp arena.
If the recording/mastering is sub-par, then a revealing setup will not help. For less than stellar recorded/mastered tracks I use the Beyer Dynamic HD770s - studio headphones that get to the heart of the music without overly revealing what's going on and spoiling the fun.
I read an article the other day. He made $330 million dollars off the whole beats thing.
On topic, going back to the HE-400s, and that bass and imaging is something I'm not ready to give up.
This song highlights both. It's rap if you ain't into that...don't watch. I'm not, but the song is sick anyways.
The K702 is clearly better at everything else (mids, treble, soundstage, tonality), but there are many times when I listen to bass heavy music, which the Annie can't stack up to.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/13 at 2:55pm
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WIN Sennheiser Urbanite Headphones - Black 1 minute ago
- › Mezzo Hifi - New AK120/AK100 Mods (WM8741 in software mode) 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)