hey guys i just sold my he-400 a friend is selling me his beats what is a good amp for beats???
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 327
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the beats don't need an amp. They have special technology developed by Dr. Dre himself which allows them to be incredibly efficient. Their sound is on par or exceeding that of many electrostats, while requiring less than a fraction of the power. They are that good.
That special technology you mention are just little fairies sitting in the driver sprinkling glitter into your ears when you listen to them.
With those *things* you don't need an amp. You just have to remember to periodically change the batteries, or your B**ts will sound like they've gotten a flat tire.
Actually, didn't Dr. Dre leave the B**ts scene and Monster is marketing them without him? He probably made enough royalties to keep himself stocked with chronic for the rest of his life, so he's all set.
The sad part is, I'm hearing the hissing on a lot of modern indie stuff (like Beach House, for example. All my Beach House stuff now sounds like bad cassette tapes). It's not a major problem, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't want the hissing gone.
I'm looking at the Aune T1 now. Partly because I'm interested in the tube sound, and partly to see how it fares against the E17 and the M&M stack in the sub-$200 DAC/Amp arena.
If the recording/mastering is sub-par, then a revealing setup will not help. For less than stellar recorded/mastered tracks I use the Beyer Dynamic HD770s - studio headphones that get to the heart of the music without overly revealing what's going on and spoiling the fun.
I read an article the other day. He made $330 million dollars off the whole beats thing.
On topic, going back to the HE-400s, and that bass and imaging is something I'm not ready to give up.
This song highlights both. It's rap if you ain't into that...don't watch. I'm not, but the song is sick anyways.
The K702 is clearly better at everything else (mids, treble, soundstage, tonality), but there are many times when I listen to bass heavy music, which the Annie can't stack up to.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/13 at 2:55pm
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Need good Amp for AKG K7XX to use it on pc .phone and ps4 54 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › I know soundbars are verboten around here, but with a $250 budget,... 1 minute ago
- › New headfi member 3 minutes ago
- › I truly believe these are one of the best Classical Music... 3 minutes ago
- › V-Moda M100 vs LP2 Bass heavy music (edm: trap, hardstyle,... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)