hey guys i just sold my he-400 a friend is selling me his beats what is a good amp for beats???
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 327
Gear mentioned in this thread:
the beats don't need an amp. They have special technology developed by Dr. Dre himself which allows them to be incredibly efficient. Their sound is on par or exceeding that of many electrostats, while requiring less than a fraction of the power. They are that good.
That special technology you mention are just little fairies sitting in the driver sprinkling glitter into your ears when you listen to them.
With those *things* you don't need an amp. You just have to remember to periodically change the batteries, or your B**ts will sound like they've gotten a flat tire.
Actually, didn't Dr. Dre leave the B**ts scene and Monster is marketing them without him? He probably made enough royalties to keep himself stocked with chronic for the rest of his life, so he's all set.
The sad part is, I'm hearing the hissing on a lot of modern indie stuff (like Beach House, for example. All my Beach House stuff now sounds like bad cassette tapes). It's not a major problem, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't want the hissing gone.
I'm looking at the Aune T1 now. Partly because I'm interested in the tube sound, and partly to see how it fares against the E17 and the M&M stack in the sub-$200 DAC/Amp arena.
If the recording/mastering is sub-par, then a revealing setup will not help. For less than stellar recorded/mastered tracks I use the Beyer Dynamic HD770s - studio headphones that get to the heart of the music without overly revealing what's going on and spoiling the fun.
I read an article the other day. He made $330 million dollars off the whole beats thing.
On topic, going back to the HE-400s, and that bass and imaging is something I'm not ready to give up.
This song highlights both. It's rap if you ain't into that...don't watch. I'm not, but the song is sick anyways.
The K702 is clearly better at everything else (mids, treble, soundstage, tonality), but there are many times when I listen to bass heavy music, which the Annie can't stack up to.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 1/13/13 at 2:55pm
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 5 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › My JH roxanne custom for your Fostex TH900 or sennheiser HD800 or... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Which DAC would be a better buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220 studio headphones. NEW and unused. 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)