Cool, I'll have a fresh new pair of HD800s in from Colorwear - Custom Black on Black.. First week of Feb..
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 325post #4861 of 170231/13/13 at 5:37am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4862 of 170231/13/13 at 5:39amQuote:
That would be the trade... Assuming you're fine with trading for a headphone that cost 1/3 of the price, lol.post #4863 of 170231/13/13 at 5:46amQuote:
I have to hold them first. If I find they're just to damn sexy. uummm don't know yet...post #4864 of 170231/13/13 at 5:47amLol, totally understandable.
I'm supposed to be using the HE-400s today... but I put the Annies on to watch a show, but started listening to music and now I don't wanna take them off...post #4865 of 170231/13/13 at 5:49amThread StarterQuote:
I would add a "that's what he said" joke here but I'm much too mature for such juvenile humor.post #4866 of 170231/13/13 at 6:40amQuote:
Yes, true. Then again, do we know the gender of these particular "sexy" headphones?post #4867 of 170231/13/13 at 6:44amQuote:
I named them "Sugar" I hope you don't know any men that go by that name. Lord help them if you do.post #4868 of 170231/13/13 at 6:48amQuote:
I'm intrigued about finding this version, too. I wonder if it was only available as an import. Here's the back cover of the 2004 version - and the songs are in a different order.post #4869 of 170231/13/13 at 6:52am
Thanks. I didn't realize you were in my neck of the woods. I work in FFX.post #4870 of 170231/13/13 at 7:23amThread StarterQuote:
Thanks for checking Wayne. I'm still on a mission for it. The 320kb stream from MOG is already impressive. Here I come fleabay!!post #4871 of 170231/13/13 at 8:01ampost #4872 of 170231/13/13 at 8:02amQuote:
The sad part is, I'm hearing the hissing on a lot of modern indie stuff (like Beach House, for example. All my Beach House stuff now sounds like bad cassette tapes). It's not a major problem, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't want the hissing gone.
I'm looking at the Aune T1 now. Partly because I'm interested in the tube sound, and partly to see how it fares against the E17 and the M&M stack in the sub-$200 DAC/Amp arena.post #4873 of 170231/13/13 at 8:13am
I bought them from headphonebar.com in Vancouver. However for some reason it said they didn't actually have them in yet so my purchase was a pre-order. That information makes me want to cancel and go from headamp though... Thanks hahapost #4874 of 170231/13/13 at 8:45am
I just bought them straight from Head-Direct. $426 to my door in Halifax with Velours. No duty/taxes/brokerage, shipped via fedex from China only took 5 days after they shipped (slight delay off the bat due to the holidays).
post #4875 of 170231/13/13 at 8:47am
Fixed my amp static/crackle.
The solder points were making contact with the aluminum housing.
Rocking it naked for a while now, until I decide to electrical tape the sides.
Now I gotta sell off this ra1 cmoy altoid tin I got right before o2. No reason for two amps.
...You guys think we'll see a HE-400 successor this year or a price drop?
Edited by earphiler - 1/13/13 at 11:03am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Headphone Sightings 2 18 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 24 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - HiFiMan HE-560 Planar Magnetic Headphones - Stock... 2 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 9 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 10 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 10 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob