I think this is just the song, I remember the voice of Sia being sibilant on my JVC HA-RX900 wich sounded usually very dark.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 272
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok if you want to know...
It is not sibilant on the HE-6
Very airy and natural. But that is hardly a good excuse to buy them ;D
My viewpoint on this is:
If it requires $1,000+ Headphones with $500+ Amps to sound enjoyable....... you need to fix the song.
Though I was looking at saving up for them as my end-game.
Is it the song that needs to be fixed, or the artist? I've been asking myself the same question for a few years - what has made Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga so freakin' popular?
After a month of using the HE-400 im quite ready to give my final impression on the headphones :D.
I have changed my feeling in many songs that i felt too agressive for my ears, to "quality of the recording is too low to listen to this crap".
For example, i always loved Linking Park, but many of their songs were too strident for me (hurting my ears). After using the 400s i can enjoy every song from this group.
Now, i use the Fiio E17 and i will most likely be looking for an upgrade, as i would not settle for lower quality at this point.
Also, i am eliminating almost every single non FLAC song i got, except a few i have a special sentiment to.
On another note, Volume cant be "too loud" for me anymore, but my ears do remind me from time to time that i should not be a dumbass.
On the Treble and Bass settings from the E17, i have both at 0 right now, yet i had to use -6 on treble at start, so i belive the burn in helps a bit here. (or my own ears got use to it).
Definitly an amazing investment, highly recommended, and remindment to use them for at least a month to really get the hang of them.
My next step is probably going to be Hifiman Flagship with best amp out there (when i win the lotery or somethin like that).
Time to give my wallet a small rest (still need aftermarket cable and velour pads thou).
Guys I don't think sharing the files on this site is a good idea. Our usage would not fit under "fair use" and no matter what anybody says, sharing short passages of music for "demo" purpose is not allowed by most musicians and labels. It could have a negative impact on Head-Fi. Your best bet would be to have a separate blogspot site or something, share the passages there for with an email for takedown requests. Just have to recommend things and hope people can acquire the stuff on their own (ahem, waffles.fm, what.cd)
As someone who has been in web journalism/writing/editing for seven years, I'm absolutely positive they don't fit under "fair use." For it to be fair use, it would have to be like, a review about that song specifically. They wouldn't attack any users here, and it's likely they never even notice, but if they did, Head-Fi would almost certainly get a takedown notice, and if it persisted, further action.
It sucks because it's a great idea, given that the only other option is like, YouTube and such, which isn't CD-quality.
You're not downloading off Youtube. It's on Google's servers, not your PC.
Simple: Head-Fi gets the takedown notice as opposed to Google. The latter is much better equipped to handle them.
Downloading isn't the problem, it's uploading.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy my first pair of CIEMs, I'm drowning with all the... 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Astell & Kern AK120II with RWA mod 6 minutes ago
- › Amplifier for DT990 600ohm? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)