I think this is just the song, I remember the voice of Sia being sibilant on my JVC HA-RX900 wich sounded usually very dark.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 272post #4066 of 170761/2/13 at 2:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4067 of 170761/2/13 at 2:21pmpost #4068 of 170761/2/13 at 2:22pmQuote:
Ok if you want to know...
It is not sibilant on the HE-6
Very airy and natural. But that is hardly a good excuse to buy them ;Dpost #4069 of 170761/2/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
My viewpoint on this is:
If it requires $1,000+ Headphones with $500+ Amps to sound enjoyable....... you need to fix the song.
Though I was looking at saving up for them as my end-game.post #4070 of 170761/2/13 at 3:14pmQuote:
Is it the song that needs to be fixed, or the artist? I've been asking myself the same question for a few years - what has made Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga so freakin' popular?post #4071 of 170761/2/13 at 3:48pm
After a month of using the HE-400 im quite ready to give my final impression on the headphones :D.
I have changed my feeling in many songs that i felt too agressive for my ears, to "quality of the recording is too low to listen to this crap".
For example, i always loved Linking Park, but many of their songs were too strident for me (hurting my ears). After using the 400s i can enjoy every song from this group.
Now, i use the Fiio E17 and i will most likely be looking for an upgrade, as i would not settle for lower quality at this point.
Also, i am eliminating almost every single non FLAC song i got, except a few i have a special sentiment to.
On another note, Volume cant be "too loud" for me anymore, but my ears do remind me from time to time that i should not be a dumbass.
On the Treble and Bass settings from the E17, i have both at 0 right now, yet i had to use -6 on treble at start, so i belive the burn in helps a bit here. (or my own ears got use to it).
Definitly an amazing investment, highly recommended, and remindment to use them for at least a month to really get the hang of them.
My next step is probably going to be Hifiman Flagship with best amp out there (when i win the lotery or somethin like that).
Time to give my wallet a small rest (still need aftermarket cable and velour pads thou).post #4072 of 170761/2/13 at 4:28pm
Guys I don't think sharing the files on this site is a good idea. Our usage would not fit under "fair use" and no matter what anybody says, sharing short passages of music for "demo" purpose is not allowed by most musicians and labels. It could have a negative impact on Head-Fi. Your best bet would be to have a separate blogspot site or something, share the passages there for with an email for takedown requests. Just have to recommend things and hope people can acquire the stuff on their own (ahem, waffles.fm, what.cd)post #4073 of 170761/2/13 at 4:34pmThread Starterpost #4074 of 170761/2/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
As someone who has been in web journalism/writing/editing for seven years, I'm absolutely positive they don't fit under "fair use." For it to be fair use, it would have to be like, a review about that song specifically. They wouldn't attack any users here, and it's likely they never even notice, but if they did, Head-Fi would almost certainly get a takedown notice, and if it persisted, further action.
It sucks because it's a great idea, given that the only other option is like, YouTube and such, which isn't CD-quality.post #4075 of 170761/2/13 at 4:48pmpost #4076 of 170761/2/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
You're not downloading off Youtube. It's on Google's servers, not your PC.post #4077 of 170761/2/13 at 5:00pmQuote:
Simple: Head-Fi gets the takedown notice as opposed to Google. The latter is much better equipped to handle them.Quote:
Downloading isn't the problem, it's uploading.post #4078 of 170761/2/13 at 5:03pmpost #4079 of 170761/2/13 at 5:30pmpost #4080 of 170761/2/13 at 7:09pm
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 40 seconds ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8 MKII 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Monitor with Hifiman velour pads 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude