Anyone used the HE400 with one of the Chinese Class T amps via the speaker taps? People that use them with conventional speakers generally rave about the price/performance and i was wondering how one would pair with the HE400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 200post #2986 of 1673212/12/12 at 11:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:03pmThread Starter
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99post #2988 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99
Um... Am I missing something here or does that have better specs and more wattage than an Asgard?post #2989 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #2990 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:18pm
I will get this stack. It'll actually be a stack instead of my o2/odac combo. And I won't have to worry about cable mess in the front. Plus.. future proofing with more power and it matches the looks of my iMac!
I hope I can write a comparison and review of the schiit combo vs the objective combo.post #2991 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:23pmpost #2992 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:29pm
Hm, 100 SNR isn't really that great though... Not sure what the Asgard is at but I'm pretty sure it's higher than that. I really wish that Schiit didn't post incomplete specs that don't match their other products specs.post #2993 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:41pmpost #2994 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:51pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 1673212/12/12 at 12:57pmI'm going to look into some of the MAGNI reviews and see if i can pair it with my HDP.
HDP only does .28mw at 30ohm, would be great if i can get a 1W more using this MAGNI.post #2996 of 1673212/12/12 at 1:01pm
Just ordered them. Thankfully comparing these dac/amp combos should be easier than previously trying to compare two different amps and dacs because I should be able to toggle the usb sound rather quickly without delay.post #2997 of 1673212/12/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Schiit's async implementation on the Gungnir is really good. Many say they can't hear the difference between USB and optical. I'm sure they were also trying to keep costs down.post #2998 of 1673212/12/12 at 1:15pmpost #2999 of 1673212/12/12 at 1:32pmpost #3000 of 1673212/12/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
It really is--I haven't done a lot of comparative listening, but if I have to strain to hear a difference, not sure I care. I mainly pipe in USB to my Gungnir. The Modi is based on the Bifrost/Gungnir USB board--so that's a good start. Matt's right though, they're really flippant about USB on their site--but it doesn't play out with the gear as far as I can tell. Other than USB being glitchier with ports and different systems.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 22 seconds ago
- › SPL PHONITOR 2 NEW HEADPHONE AMP 41 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD215 Straight wire? 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone HFI 580(Grado related) 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude