Anyone used the HE400 with one of the Chinese Class T amps via the speaker taps? People that use them with conventional speakers generally rave about the price/performance and i was wondering how one would pair with the HE400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 10/29/13 at 8:22pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 11/26/13 at 4:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 10/29/13 at 8:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 12/9/12 at 2:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 200post #2986 of 1506412/12/12 at 11:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:03pmThread Starter
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99post #2988 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99
Um... Am I missing something here or does that have better specs and more wattage than an Asgard?post #2989 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #2990 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:18pm
I will get this stack. It'll actually be a stack instead of my o2/odac combo. And I won't have to worry about cable mess in the front. Plus.. future proofing with more power and it matches the looks of my iMac!
I hope I can write a comparison and review of the schiit combo vs the objective combo.post #2991 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:23pmpost #2992 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:29pm
Hm, 100 SNR isn't really that great though... Not sure what the Asgard is at but I'm pretty sure it's higher than that. I really wish that Schiit didn't post incomplete specs that don't match their other products specs.post #2993 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:41pmpost #2994 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:51pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 1506412/12/12 at 12:57pmI'm going to look into some of the MAGNI reviews and see if i can pair it with my HDP.
HDP only does .28mw at 30ohm, would be great if i can get a 1W more using this MAGNI.post #2996 of 1506412/12/12 at 1:01pm
Just ordered them. Thankfully comparing these dac/amp combos should be easier than previously trying to compare two different amps and dacs because I should be able to toggle the usb sound rather quickly without delay.post #2997 of 1506412/12/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Schiit's async implementation on the Gungnir is really good. Many say they can't hear the difference between USB and optical. I'm sure they were also trying to keep costs down.post #2998 of 1506412/12/12 at 1:15pmpost #2999 of 1506412/12/12 at 1:32pmpost #3000 of 1506412/12/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
It really is--I haven't done a lot of comparative listening, but if I have to strain to hear a difference, not sure I care. I mainly pipe in USB to my Gungnir. The Modi is based on the Bifrost/Gungnir USB board--so that's a good start. Matt's right though, they're really flippant about USB on their site--but it doesn't play out with the gear as far as I can tell. Other than USB being glitchier with ports and different systems.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 5 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 17 DACs and DAC Configurations 6 minutes ago
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 9 minutes ago
- › I tried B&O and it seems like it lacks bass very much 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi