Anyone used the HE400 with one of the Chinese Class T amps via the speaker taps? People that use them with conventional speakers generally rave about the price/performance and i was wondering how one would pair with the HE400.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 200post #2986 of 1706412/12/12 at 11:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2987 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:03pmThread Starter
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99post #2988 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
For those who haven't seen it yet, looks Schitt is at it again!! Could be a good one for the he400 and for $99
Um... Am I missing something here or does that have better specs and more wattage than an Asgard?post #2989 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:13pmThread Starterpost #2990 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:18pm
I will get this stack. It'll actually be a stack instead of my o2/odac combo. And I won't have to worry about cable mess in the front. Plus.. future proofing with more power and it matches the looks of my iMac!
I hope I can write a comparison and review of the schiit combo vs the objective combo.post #2991 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:23pmpost #2992 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:29pm
Hm, 100 SNR isn't really that great though... Not sure what the Asgard is at but I'm pretty sure it's higher than that. I really wish that Schiit didn't post incomplete specs that don't match their other products specs.post #2993 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:41pmpost #2994 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:51pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 1706412/12/12 at 12:57pmI'm going to look into some of the MAGNI reviews and see if i can pair it with my HDP.
HDP only does .28mw at 30ohm, would be great if i can get a 1W more using this MAGNI.post #2996 of 1706412/12/12 at 1:01pm
Just ordered them. Thankfully comparing these dac/amp combos should be easier than previously trying to compare two different amps and dacs because I should be able to toggle the usb sound rather quickly without delay.post #2997 of 1706412/12/12 at 1:12pmQuote:
Schiit's async implementation on the Gungnir is really good. Many say they can't hear the difference between USB and optical. I'm sure they were also trying to keep costs down.post #2998 of 1706412/12/12 at 1:15pmpost #2999 of 1706412/12/12 at 1:32pmpost #3000 of 1706412/12/12 at 1:39pmQuote:
It really is--I haven't done a lot of comparative listening, but if I have to strain to hear a difference, not sure I care. I mainly pipe in USB to my Gungnir. The Modi is based on the Bifrost/Gungnir USB board--so that's a good start. Matt's right though, they're really flippant about USB on their site--but it doesn't play out with the gear as far as I can tell. Other than USB being glitchier with ports and different systems.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › VC02 not working, spotty sound. just now
- › worst date stories 40 seconds ago
- › Is it me or does Sony have the shortest warranty on earth 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: AKG K501 and STAX LNS (Lambda Nova Signature) 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250ohm Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob