Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 181

post #2701 of 19943

Don't know.  I don't own the 400s.  I would have to say I think the 400s are a little to sensitive for that speaker amp.  Just my guess.

post #2702 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddypdler View Post

Prepo, how does the mini x go with the he400? Would you recommend that combo?
I've been planning to get an o2 but maybe this would be a better choice...
Edit: Damn just remembered they only ship to the US. Oh well redface.gif

They work great with the HE-400. My favourite pairing of the bunch. Not too sensitive for these. They do ship outside of the US if you email them an international quote. Shipping gets to be a bit high though (267 all in total to Canada, although we might have to buy more brokerage fees and duties).

post #2703 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

They work great with the HE-400. My favourite pairing of the bunch. Not too sensitive for these. They do ship outside of the US if you email them an international quote. Shipping gets to be a bit high though (267 all in total to Canada, although we might have to buy more brokerage fees and duties).

 

 

O,  see I was just taking a guess.    Where do you usually have the volume knob when listening?

post #2704 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

O,  see I was just taking a guess.    Where do you usually have the volume knob when listening?

Around 8:30 to 9'o clock. I usually listen pretty quietly, so it's more around 8:00 to 8:30. Around 9 with the LCD-2 as well. 

post #2705 of 19943
Balanced driving he400 is much better than SE?
If it is, balancing the cable is not difficult?

Maybe out of blue i jumped into this thread, pls excuse me. This is my first involvement here.
post #2706 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinQY View Post

Around 8:30 to 9'o clock. I usually listen pretty quietly, so it's more around 8:00 to 8:30. Around 9 with the LCD-2 as well. 

 

 

Yeah, that's what I figured.  That's not much to play with before getting to loud.

post #2707 of 19943
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joong View Post

Balanced driving he400 is much better than SE?
If it is, balancing the cable is not difficult?
Maybe out of blue i jumped into this thread, pls excuse me. This is my first involvement here.

 

Welcome to HF and to the he400 club. If you already have a balanced amp, I'd say go for it. I used the he400 briefly balanced on the nfb6 and it was a modest improvement. 

post #2708 of 19943

Is someone able to quickly let me know what the size of the box the HE400's come in are? I am having a friend bring them back to NZ for me and I want to make sure I don't over burden them with huge boxes of stuff

post #2709 of 19943

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same size as most other headphone box.  They're all sized to fit perfectly in a medium flat rate box.

post #2710 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same size as most other headphone box.  They're all sized to fit perfectly in a medium flat rate box.

If he's talking about New Zealand, I don't think flat rate boxes work there =O

post #2711 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by networkn View Post

Is someone able to quickly let me know what the size of the box the HE400's come in are? I am having a friend bring them back to NZ for me and I want to make sure I don't over burden them with huge boxes of stuff

Some retailers just put a shipping sticker on the shipping box used by HiFiMan, which is 10x9x7 inches - slightly larger than the retail box - there is a thin sheet of foam between the retail box and the shipping box on each of the six sides.

post #2712 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

If he's talking about New Zealand, I don't think flat rate boxes work there =O

 

No maybe not, but that really wasn't the point of my post.

post #2713 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

No maybe not, but that really wasn't the point of my post.

Oh, I see what you're saying, my bad.

post #2714 of 19943

What about weight? (Sorry I should have asked for that as well). I am asking them (friend) to bring it back in their luggage so I don't want to impose.  The HD650's I bought were in a MUCH larger box than the headphones themselves used. 

post #2715 of 19943
Quote:
Originally Posted by networkn View Post

What about weight? (Sorry I should have asked for that as well). I am asking them (friend) to bring it back in their luggage so I don't want to impose.  The HD650's I bought were in a MUCH larger box than the headphones themselves used. 

About 20 ounces (U.S.) for the headphones alone, and another 17.6 ounces (U.S.) for the combination of the retail box and the shipping box.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**