Should I get the Asgard or Matrix M-Stage to amp my HE400s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Between those two Iike the AG the best. It will run quite warm though, so be warned about it. For my money, I'd get a used lyr for another $75 or so from the forums here. Definitely worth the extra cash IMO if it's in your budget.
it'd be interesting to know how you think the mini x does with the he-6. If it's favorable, I might end up getting he-6 instead of lcd2. Then again that's more incentive to power an lcd-2 with the mini as well.
Post # 247
Thanks. It sounds like an amazing amp for its price. Might be my next purchase, even though I got the O2 not too long ago.
One of the lines near the bottom concerned me about T1 being warmer than HE-6, though. Might stick with LCD-2 afterall.
I'm also interested in seeing just how big its transformer is.
Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/12 at 8:04am
You mean used in Europe? If he would buy it used from america he would still have to pay import taxes and all that.
I'm not saying the MDs wouldn't be suited for him, just that not quite as cheap outside America.
I don't know if there is anything mrspeakers can do about that, but the import taxes really are ridiculous.
I think I may have to join the he-400 bandwagon soon! but I'm still concerned over revision/driver update issues. Anyone know if they are working on another revision or if they've settled with the rev.3?
O, OK. So I just turned it on and off about 5 or 6 times. There is no 10 second delay at all. I get a click right after I hit the switch, like right after within 1 second but still with no delay. What's that?
O, that wouldn't matter. I always either turn the volume all the way down. Or plug the headphones in after the amp is powered up. I learned that a long time ago.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › plugging headphones into Xonar DX front port produces very quiet... 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, Help me decide on my first headphones please. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)