Should I get the Asgard or Matrix M-Stage to amp my HE400s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Between those two Iike the AG the best. It will run quite warm though, so be warned about it. For my money, I'd get a used lyr for another $75 or so from the forums here. Definitely worth the extra cash IMO if it's in your budget.
it'd be interesting to know how you think the mini x does with the he-6. If it's favorable, I might end up getting he-6 instead of lcd2. Then again that's more incentive to power an lcd-2 with the mini as well.
Post # 247
Thanks. It sounds like an amazing amp for its price. Might be my next purchase, even though I got the O2 not too long ago.
One of the lines near the bottom concerned me about T1 being warmer than HE-6, though. Might stick with LCD-2 afterall.
I'm also interested in seeing just how big its transformer is.
Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/12 at 8:04am
You mean used in Europe? If he would buy it used from america he would still have to pay import taxes and all that.
I'm not saying the MDs wouldn't be suited for him, just that not quite as cheap outside America.
I don't know if there is anything mrspeakers can do about that, but the import taxes really are ridiculous.
I think I may have to join the he-400 bandwagon soon! but I'm still concerned over revision/driver update issues. Anyone know if they are working on another revision or if they've settled with the rev.3?
O, OK. So I just turned it on and off about 5 or 6 times. There is no 10 second delay at all. I get a click right after I hit the switch, like right after within 1 second but still with no delay. What's that?
O, that wouldn't matter. I always either turn the volume all the way down. Or plug the headphones in after the amp is powered up. I learned that a long time ago.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 28 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 39 seconds ago
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › tips for new headphones (principally for rock music) 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)