Should I get the Asgard or Matrix M-Stage to amp my HE400s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Between those two Iike the AG the best. It will run quite warm though, so be warned about it. For my money, I'd get a used lyr for another $75 or so from the forums here. Definitely worth the extra cash IMO if it's in your budget.
it'd be interesting to know how you think the mini x does with the he-6. If it's favorable, I might end up getting he-6 instead of lcd2. Then again that's more incentive to power an lcd-2 with the mini as well.
Post # 247
Thanks. It sounds like an amazing amp for its price. Might be my next purchase, even though I got the O2 not too long ago.
One of the lines near the bottom concerned me about T1 being warmer than HE-6, though. Might stick with LCD-2 afterall.
I'm also interested in seeing just how big its transformer is.
Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/12 at 8:04am
You mean used in Europe? If he would buy it used from america he would still have to pay import taxes and all that.
I'm not saying the MDs wouldn't be suited for him, just that not quite as cheap outside America.
I don't know if there is anything mrspeakers can do about that, but the import taxes really are ridiculous.
I think I may have to join the he-400 bandwagon soon! but I'm still concerned over revision/driver update issues. Anyone know if they are working on another revision or if they've settled with the rev.3?
O, OK. So I just turned it on and off about 5 or 6 times. There is no 10 second delay at all. I get a click right after I hit the switch, like right after within 1 second but still with no delay. What's that?
O, that wouldn't matter. I always either turn the volume all the way down. Or plug the headphones in after the amp is powered up. I learned that a long time ago.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › WTB Sennheiser 600 (EU) 11 seconds ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 27 seconds ago
- › WTB Ultrasone Pro 900 56 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Portable DAC/Amp for use on Android to use with se846. 1 minute ago
- › bryston bha-1 3 minutes ago
- › HD800: benefits of a 43 ohms impedance adapter ? 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)