Should I get the Asgard or Matrix M-Stage to amp my HE400s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Between those two Iike the AG the best. It will run quite warm though, so be warned about it. For my money, I'd get a used lyr for another $75 or so from the forums here. Definitely worth the extra cash IMO if it's in your budget.
it'd be interesting to know how you think the mini x does with the he-6. If it's favorable, I might end up getting he-6 instead of lcd2. Then again that's more incentive to power an lcd-2 with the mini as well.
Post # 247
Thanks. It sounds like an amazing amp for its price. Might be my next purchase, even though I got the O2 not too long ago.
One of the lines near the bottom concerned me about T1 being warmer than HE-6, though. Might stick with LCD-2 afterall.
I'm also interested in seeing just how big its transformer is.
Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/12 at 8:04am
You mean used in Europe? If he would buy it used from america he would still have to pay import taxes and all that.
I'm not saying the MDs wouldn't be suited for him, just that not quite as cheap outside America.
I don't know if there is anything mrspeakers can do about that, but the import taxes really are ridiculous.
I think I may have to join the he-400 bandwagon soon! but I'm still concerned over revision/driver update issues. Anyone know if they are working on another revision or if they've settled with the rev.3?
O, OK. So I just turned it on and off about 5 or 6 times. There is no 10 second delay at all. I get a click right after I hit the switch, like right after within 1 second but still with no delay. What's that?
O, that wouldn't matter. I always either turn the volume all the way down. Or plug the headphones in after the amp is powered up. I learned that a long time ago.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread just now
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 6 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 7 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 8 minutes ago
- › cheaper alternative to the Vaunix USB Hub? 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)