Should I get the Asgard or Matrix M-Stage to amp my HE400s?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 180
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2687 of 1676912/2/12 at 7:08amThread Starter
Between those two Iike the AG the best. It will run quite warm though, so be warned about it. For my money, I'd get a used lyr for another $75 or so from the forums here. Definitely worth the extra cash IMO if it's in your budget.
gL!!post #2688 of 1676912/2/12 at 7:37amQuote:
it'd be interesting to know how you think the mini x does with the he-6. If it's favorable, I might end up getting he-6 instead of lcd2. Then again that's more incentive to power an lcd-2 with the mini as well.post #2689 of 1676912/2/12 at 7:51amQuote:
Post # 247post #2690 of 1676912/2/12 at 7:58am
Thanks. It sounds like an amazing amp for its price. Might be my next purchase, even though I got the O2 not too long ago.
One of the lines near the bottom concerned me about T1 being warmer than HE-6, though. Might stick with LCD-2 afterall.
I'm also interested in seeing just how big its transformer is.
Edited by TMRaven - 12/2/12 at 8:04ampost #2691 of 1676912/2/12 at 8:24ampost #2692 of 1676912/2/12 at 8:35ampost #2693 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:20ampost #2694 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:23ampost #2695 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:27amQuote:
You mean used in Europe? If he would buy it used from america he would still have to pay import taxes and all that.
I'm not saying the MDs wouldn't be suited for him, just that not quite as cheap outside America.
I don't know if there is anything mrspeakers can do about that, but the import taxes really are ridiculous.post #2696 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:30am
I think I may have to join the he-400 bandwagon soon! but I'm still concerned over revision/driver update issues. Anyone know if they are working on another revision or if they've settled with the rev.3?post #2697 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:33amThread Starterpost #2698 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:41amQuote:
O, OK. So I just turned it on and off about 5 or 6 times. There is no 10 second delay at all. I get a click right after I hit the switch, like right after within 1 second but still with no delay. What's that?post #2699 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:46ampost #2700 of 1676912/2/12 at 9:50am
O, that wouldn't matter. I always either turn the volume all the way down. Or plug the headphones in after the amp is powered up. I learned that a long time ago.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Universal IEM/Headphone congruent to the Hidition NT6 Pro sound sig 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dolby Headphone: External Processor vs AVR 4 minutes ago
- › Planar Magnetic Headphones - Ear Pressure? 4 minutes ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-600 Mint Condition (one month old, shipping included.) 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 3/12/2014: Monster... 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude