or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 167

post #2491 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

It's a subtle but dramatic improvement that you can't really pick up with analytical listening.

 

post #2492 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

 

Haha!

 

It's subtle because I doubt measurements will be able to pick anything up.

 

Dramatic because the music just becomes that much livelier and more spacious/nuanced.

 

And the effect is quite obvious if you just relax and listen, but not so obvious if you concentrate and try to discern one detail from the next within the tracks.

post #2493 of 20481

If no fabric maximizes performance, it's something I'd consider doing. I just have a thing about dust...

 

Are the drivers too delicate for a dusting with a compressed air can?

post #2494 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRagnarok View Post

If no fabric maximizes performance, it's something I'd consider doing. I just have a thing about dust...

 

Are the drivers too delicate for a dusting with a compressed air can?

 

AFAIK they are pretty strong; the mylar is quite durable, and the tracings seem to be a solid belt that is adhered well. I've tried probing the diaphragm/tracings with a dull tool and it felt flexible and elastic with lots of give.

 

Just don't blow the compressed gas right against the driver and it should be no issue at all.

post #2495 of 20481

Just wanted to through out that the HE-400s are in this month's Mens Health Mag - as just another cool thing to buy. In the photo, the connector posts looked like they weren't gold. Weird.

 

That and today I have just been enjoying these things more than ever. They are so fricking good. That is all. beyersmile.png

post #2496 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post

Just wanted to through out that the HE-400s are in this month's Mens Health Mag - as just another cool thing to buy. In the photo, the connector posts looked like they weren't gold. Weird.

 

That and today I have just been enjoying these things more than ever. They are so fricking good. That is all. beyersmile.png

 

It could be the photography.  Six years ago, we almost didn't buy the house we're in because I looked at a picture of it on-line and didn't like the brick color at all.  Then, we drove up to it, and the brick was completely different than the picture.

 

It's interesting that you found the HifiMAN in the Men's Health magazine.  It must have been an article on gadgets or items to use when relaxing as I can't imagine them recommending the HE-400s for working out.  Well, that is, unless one wants to work their neck muscles. eek.gif

post #2497 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

 

It's interesting that you found the HifiMAN in the Men's Health magazine.  It must have been an article on gadgets or items to use when relaxing as I can't imagine them recommending the HE-400s for working out.  Well, that is, unless one wants to work their neck muscles. eek.gif

It was the holiday gadget guide - the section begging you to spend money. It came right after a series of ways I can try to get laid this Christmas. Men's Health indeed. Fang must be blowing some bucks trying to gain some publicity for his phones. Consumer Reports, Men's Health, what's next? These are turning into the best headphones no one knows about.

 

Also, my neck muscles are now ripped. My Bro and his Wife laughed like crazy when they saw these clonky things. Then they listened to them . . .

post #2498 of 20481
Thread Starter 

Yeah, I'm looking pretty much buff myself after wearing all the massive heavy hp's. So my neck muscles and the right index finger, mousing, are super human!!

post #2499 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post

It was the holiday gadget guide - the section begging you to spend money. It came right after a series of ways I can try to get laid this Christmas. Men's Health indeed. Fang must be blowing some bucks trying to gain some publicity for his phones. Consumer Reports, Men's Health, what's next? These are turning into the best headphones no one knows about.

 

Also, my neck muscles are now ripped. My Bro and his Wife laughed like crazy when they saw these clonky things. Then they listened to them . . .

Consumer Reports doesn't accept advertising so Fang probably didn't influence that one.  I think it was the $400 price point that put the HP in the mix.  I'm still not sure how they arrived at their rating results.

post #2500 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

It could be the photography.  Six years ago, we almost didn't buy the house we're in because I looked at a picture of it on-line and didn't like the brick color at all.  Then, we drove up to it, and the brick was completely different than the picture.

It's interesting that you found the HifiMAN in the Men's Health magazine.  It must have been an article on gadgets or items to use when relaxing as I can't imagine them recommending the HE-400s for working out.  Well, that is, unless one wants to work their neck muscles. eek.gif
If u do wanna work out ur neckmusles..just go for the he500..thats a heavy basterd.. tongue.gif
post #2501 of 20481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


If u do wanna work out ur neckmusles..just go for the he500..thats a heavy basterd.. tongue.gif

 

Nay, try out the lcd2!! It's like strapping a bowling ball to your head...

post #2502 of 20481

I don't think I've ever actually seen a weight number for the TakeT H2+, but I assume it's super heavy as well.

 

Edit: nvm, apparently they're light.


Edited by TMRaven - 11/17/12 at 8:04pm
post #2503 of 20481

The weight is part of the reason I avoided the he-500. 

 

I was weighing the pros and cons of each of them, and noticed that if they both costed the same I would still probably be slightly leaning towards the he-400. Made the choice a real no-brainer for me.

post #2504 of 20481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Nay, try out the lcd2!! It's like strapping a bowling ball to your head...

If someone didn't find the he-400 heavy at all do you think the LCD2 would still feel super heavy for them? That's the one thing keeping me from going for them in the future. I suppose I could find somewhere to demo them but I don't know of anywhere locally.
Edited by Scyy - 11/17/12 at 8:11pm
post #2505 of 20481
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyy View Post


If someone didn't find the he-400 heavy at all do you think the LCD2 would still feel super heavy for them? That's the one thing keeping me from going for them in the future. I suppose I could find somewhere to demo them but I don't know of anywhere locally.

 

I usually don't like heavy hp's but I was fine with the he400. I was not remotely okay with the weight of the lcd2, if that helps. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**