I was wondering how that paired with the HE-400, thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 124
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was more so focusing on the diy kit. But yea, they will build it for you.
And yea, I really enjoyed it with the HE-500. But at the time had a Lyr so
it didn't fit my needs. It doesn't really get talked about at all, but it's a nice piece.
THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:01am
Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club
Oh, I won't! And some comparisons between the two pairs will follow, and pairings with a M-Stage and Yulong A100/D100...
I would but im not part of it yet . Shouldn't be too long now.
Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..
Thanks for the info! My pairs were both "rev3" that's why I've been waiting for so long.
Congrats on HE-400, Mr Guess. :)
I bought a used pair of HE-400 a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the changes across revisions has been? I believe the pair I have is older. It only has the pleather pads and the jack is 1/4", if that is of any importance. They are enjoyable headphones indeed.
As for the plug... make sure you can't disconnect the 1/4 plug. The new ones snap off to reveal the 3.5mm plug
I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
You need to re-purchase the d7k!!
Impossible now... and still....pleather/leather = no.
Besides, I miss that open, planar sound. The HE-400 was nearly perfect. Just more bass is all I wanted. The E17 at bass +4 did it, but I didn't want to rely on bass boosting, when not everything I plug my headphones into will have it. I want it to be part of the headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:53am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 21 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 24 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 1 minute ago
- › Amp for Grado 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)