I was wondering how that paired with the HE-400, thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 124
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was more so focusing on the diy kit. But yea, they will build it for you.
And yea, I really enjoyed it with the HE-500. But at the time had a Lyr so
it didn't fit my needs. It doesn't really get talked about at all, but it's a nice piece.
THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:01am
Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club
Oh, I won't! And some comparisons between the two pairs will follow, and pairings with a M-Stage and Yulong A100/D100...
I would but im not part of it yet . Shouldn't be too long now.
Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..
Thanks for the info! My pairs were both "rev3" that's why I've been waiting for so long.
Congrats on HE-400, Mr Guess. :)
I bought a used pair of HE-400 a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the changes across revisions has been? I believe the pair I have is older. It only has the pleather pads and the jack is 1/4", if that is of any importance. They are enjoyable headphones indeed.
As for the plug... make sure you can't disconnect the 1/4 plug. The new ones snap off to reveal the 3.5mm plug
I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
You need to re-purchase the d7k!!
Impossible now... and still....pleather/leather = no.
Besides, I miss that open, planar sound. The HE-400 was nearly perfect. Just more bass is all I wanted. The E17 at bass +4 did it, but I didn't want to rely on bass boosting, when not everything I plug my headphones into will have it. I want it to be part of the headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:53am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 8 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 10 seconds ago
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 15 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)