I was wondering how that paired with the HE-400, thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 124post #1846 of 1706111/4/12 at 5:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1847 of 1706111/4/12 at 5:33pmQuote:
I was more so focusing on the diy kit. But yea, they will build it for you.
And yea, I really enjoyed it with the HE-500. But at the time had a Lyr so
it didn't fit my needs. It doesn't really get talked about at all, but it's a nice piece.post #1848 of 1706111/5/12 at 6:19am
THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!post #1849 of 1706111/5/12 at 6:25amThread Starterpost #1850 of 1706111/5/12 at 6:47ampost #1851 of 1706111/5/12 at 6:47amI'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:01ampost #1852 of 1706111/5/12 at 6:49amQuote:Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..post #1853 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:02am
Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club
Oh, I won't! And some comparisons between the two pairs will follow, and pairings with a M-Stage and Yulong A100/D100...post #1854 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:05amQuote:
I would but im not part of it yet . Shouldn't be too long now.post #1855 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:07amQuote:Originally Posted by hifimanrookie
Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..
Thanks for the info! My pairs were both "rev3" that's why I've been waiting for so long.post #1856 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:12ampost #1857 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:23am
Congrats on HE-400, Mr Guess. :)
I bought a used pair of HE-400 a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the changes across revisions has been? I believe the pair I have is older. It only has the pleather pads and the jack is 1/4", if that is of any importance. They are enjoyable headphones indeed.post #1858 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:27amAll the HE-400s come with pleather pads. You have to order the velours seperately.
As for the plug... make sure you can't disconnect the 1/4 plug. The new ones snap off to reveal the 3.5mm plugpost #1859 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:28amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
You need to re-purchase the d7k!!post #1860 of 1706111/5/12 at 7:29am
Impossible now... and still....pleather/leather = no.
Besides, I miss that open, planar sound. The HE-400 was nearly perfect. Just more bass is all I wanted. The E17 at bass +4 did it, but I didn't want to rely on bass boosting, when not everything I plug my headphones into will have it. I want it to be part of the headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:53am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › AKG K812 Pro 45 seconds ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob