I was wondering how that paired with the HE-400, thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 124
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was more so focusing on the diy kit. But yea, they will build it for you.
And yea, I really enjoyed it with the HE-500. But at the time had a Lyr so
it didn't fit my needs. It doesn't really get talked about at all, but it's a nice piece.
THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:01am
Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club
Oh, I won't! And some comparisons between the two pairs will follow, and pairings with a M-Stage and Yulong A100/D100...
I would but im not part of it yet . Shouldn't be too long now.
Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..
Thanks for the info! My pairs were both "rev3" that's why I've been waiting for so long.
Congrats on HE-400, Mr Guess. :)
I bought a used pair of HE-400 a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the changes across revisions has been? I believe the pair I have is older. It only has the pleather pads and the jack is 1/4", if that is of any importance. They are enjoyable headphones indeed.
As for the plug... make sure you can't disconnect the 1/4 plug. The new ones snap off to reveal the 3.5mm plug
I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
You need to re-purchase the d7k!!
Impossible now... and still....pleather/leather = no.
Besides, I miss that open, planar sound. The HE-400 was nearly perfect. Just more bass is all I wanted. The E17 at bass +4 did it, but I didn't want to rely on bass boosting, when not everything I plug my headphones into will have it. I want it to be part of the headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:53am
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 Headphones with custom audiophile cable and amp 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a 2.1 powered speaker setup for my computer, to be used... 2 minutes ago
- › EPH100-SL / JVC FXD80 / BRAINWAVZ M2 - Recommendations appreciated 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 3 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)