Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 124

post #1846 of 18079

I was wondering how that paired with the HE-400, thanks.

post #1847 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post

They will build & test with tube for $245.00 !  Couple of people on here really like it with the HE-500, so it should also be a good fit with the HE-400.

I was more so focusing on the diy kit. But yea, they will build it for you.

And yea, I really enjoyed it with the HE-500. But at the time had a Lyr so

it didn't fit my needs. It doesn't really get talked about at all, but it's a nice piece.

post #1848 of 18079

THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!

 

 

post #1849 of 18079
Thread Starter 

Sweet!! Now get those pleathers off and put on the velours..beerchug.gif

post #1850 of 18079

Don't forget to post impressions smily_headphones1.gif

post #1851 of 18079
I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. biggrin.gif Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:01am
post #1852 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post

THEY ARE HERE, THEY ARE HERE SSHhhhi* I didn't expect that! They even didn't send me a tracking number, but that's OK now... everything is fine, the white drivers are there, and I am ... yEAaaaaaaah!



Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..
post #1853 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Sweet!! Now get those pleathers off and put on the velours..beerchug.gif

 

Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club biggrin.gif

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Don't forget to post impressions smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, I won't! And some comparisons between the two pairs will follow, and pairings with a M-Stage and Yulong A100/D100...

post #1854 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post

 

Will do! Just want to hear how the pleather sounds. Both pairs are OK, and the velours are there, pfu... at last! Come on somebody welcome me to the club biggrin.gif

 

 

 

I would but im not part of it yet redface.gif. Shouldn't be too long now.

post #1855 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


Next time u wanna buy hifiman products for europe as delivery place..try www.madooma.de..they are official agent..and excellent to deal with and good pricing..and deliver to all europe..i bought both my he300 and he500 there and got them in 2 days..they even put the velours pads on for me on my he500's before shipping and put the pleather ones in box instead..as i asked them to..with no extra costs..perfect service! Ps. I dont work for them..as i live in amsterdam, the netherlands..am just a happy customer..

Thanks for the info! My pairs were both "rev3" that's why I've been waiting for so long.

post #1856 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

 

I would but im not part of it yet redface.gif. Shouldn't be too long now.

Thanks, and good luck wink.gif

post #1857 of 18079

Congrats on HE-400, Mr Guess. :)

 

I bought a used pair of HE-400 a short while ago, and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what the changes across revisions has been? I believe the pair I have is older. It only has the pleather pads and the jack is 1/4", if that is of any importance. They are enjoyable headphones indeed.

post #1858 of 18079
All the HE-400s come with pleather pads. You have to order the velours seperately.

As for the plug... make sure you can't disconnect the 1/4 plug. The new ones snap off to reveal the 3.5mm plug
post #1859 of 18079
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

I'm holding out for the HE-450 in candy red, with a strong bass emphasis. biggrin.gif Something that caters to those of us that like an even more fun signature. No Planar has it, yet. Hifiman should cover their bases with one. I loved the HE-400, but in the end, more bass was needed for me.

 

You need to re-purchase the d7k!! tongue.gif

post #1860 of 18079
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

You need to re-purchase the d7k!! tongue.gif

Impossible now... and still....pleather/leather = no.

Besides, I miss that open, planar sound. The HE-400 was nearly perfect. Just more bass is all I wanted. The E17 at bass +4 did it, but I didn't want to rely on bass boosting, when not everything I plug my headphones into will have it. I want it to be part of the headphone.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 11/5/12 at 7:53am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**