Don't you guys think it's odd the velour pads gives better bass than the pleather? Shouldn't pleather be better at bass because it isolates better?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
JOINHANDMADE'S JELLY GALAXY INTRODUCTION Joinhandmade is a Vietnamese earphone maker. Its specialty is obvious: handmade electronics. To date, Joinhandmade has released two earphones as...
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1230
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Velour uses stiffer foam, so theoretically, any energy from the bass should transfer to your cheek and jaw better than with pleather. That's not to say that velour gives mores bass quantity, but perhaps it gives more bass impact.
The pleathers sound the "warmest" to my ears, but they never seemed to give off a sound as balanced as the velours. The warm bass / nuetral-ly treble always sounded a little off, even if it was sometimes pretty enjoyable.
I find the treble spike on these headphones more annoying with the pleather because most of the time its dark then BAM bright treble out of nowhere like an ambush , with the velours you're always getting brighter sound, the bright treble doesn't come as a surprise.
I sort of hate spotify - adds cutting in during album listening can really break up the zen I'm in. It also just doesn't sound EXACTLY as good as my regular Mp3s, be they ripped at 320 or at 192 or even lower. I swear something is going on there - but maybe I am crazy.
Most I just like to go to spotify to check out new releases - I've bought at least a couple of CDs because of that. But then again music is getting confusing with Thom Yorke releasing new stuff independently, and Taylor Swift saying "no" to streaming music entirely. I assume someday I'll need an iTunes account for one band, and a paypal account for another!
I am interested in buying a used HE 400. Could get one for about 230€ including Focus Pads and short custom cable.
As this unit is about 2 years old (so no more warranty), I wonder if anyone has some "long term" experience with these cans?
Are the 400 considered durable? Read few posts where people had driver issues. Is this a common issue (sorry, did not read through all 1230 pages of this thread)?
Looking forward to some feedback.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Sennheiser URBANITE Australian review tour -- REVIEWERS... 2 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300a/ RE300i InLine and RE300h (hifi) Earphone launched!... 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM under 30$ ? 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Destiny 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)