Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 123

post #1831 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

Haha nice.

Maybe the modded version does who knows. I came across some op-amps here but not sure which is best for the m-stage. I'll probably order it after i've used the m-stage for a while and get accustomed to the sound.
I have the opa627 with class mod..i bought from tamaudio..and i can tell u...it improves the mstage in a good way
post #1832 of 17733

I still don't know which cheap amp to take with my HE-400 since I want to keep it under 200$...

Has anyone tried the he-400 with the Bravo Ocean?

post #1833 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moustache View Post

I still don't know which cheap amp to take with my HE-400 since I want to keep it under 200$...
Has anyone tried the he-400 with the Bravo Ocean?
U can have my modded m-stage for 200 euro..biggrin.gif i think thats 215 dollars, thats a good deal wink.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/4/12 at 9:27am
post #1834 of 17733

Very tempting, but I think I'll buy a tube amp, tube rolling is really something I wanna try.

post #1835 of 17733

Speaking of the M-stage, some guy has an M-stage for sale on here, looks like a good dealph34r.gif

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634758/m-stage-v1-3#

post #1836 of 17733

That's a great deal, but it's the older v1.3. I think the newest is v2.1, though not sure of the differences.

post #1837 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post

Speaking of the M-stage, some guy has an M-stage for sale on here, looks like a good deal:ph34r:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634758/m-stage-v1-3#
Thats indeed very cheap...i wonder where the scratches come from on the underside.. redface.gif as it has little plugs on the underside...but then again..150 is a steal! I wouldnt sell it for that money..but mine is probably newer...and NOT ONE SCRATCH .wink.gif i would advice..check it..and go for it...u wont find any cheaper modded one redface.gif
Edited by hifimanrookie - 11/4/12 at 9:54am
post #1838 of 17733

Speaking of M-stage, mine has just touched down in Germany from Hong kong :) Should not be long until it reaches Cyprus :) Joy.

 

At this rate i'll have an amp but no headphone to listen to since my he400 is still in the US according to the trackings.

post #1839 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post

That's a great deal, but it's the older v1.3. I think the newest is v2.1, though not sure of the differences.
About this..its said the older versions sound more natural the the newer v2 versions..some even prefer the older versions..soundwise. I think mine is also of the first series..but last batch..as i bought it in december last year.
So new version doesnt necessarily mean better quality..i actually wanted to update mine myself and buy a v2 but tamaudio told me personally it woulnt be a improvement..only the quattro would be..
post #1840 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moustache View Post

Very tempting, but I think I'll buy a tube amp, tube rolling is really something I wanna try.

Good choice for the 400's, but I wasn't willing to screw with cheap tube amps so I just went with the Lyr. I don't know of any tube amps under $200 other than little dot. 

It's not tube, but the asgard was a pretty good fit with it. All in all you just will need a power high-output amp.

post #1841 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushNerd View Post

Good choice for the 400's, but I wasn't willing to screw with cheap tube amps so I just went with the Lyr. I don't know of any tube amps under $200 other than little dot. 

It's not tube, but the asgard was a pretty good fit with it. All in all you just will need a power high-output amp.

Project Sunrise. However it's a diy kit.

post #1842 of 17733

Bravo Audio makes cheap tube amps too, like the Bravo Ocean but I'm not sure how well it will work with the he-400.

post #1843 of 17733
Quote:
Output impedance: 20~600 Ohm

eek.gif
post #1844 of 17733

the own HifiMan EF2 pairs extremely well with the HE400.

Definately drives them fully and runs at $170!

post #1845 of 17733
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxper View Post

Project Sunrise. However it's a diy kit.

They will build & test with tube for $245.00 !  Couple of people on here really like it with the HE-500, so it should also be a good fit with the HE-400.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**