- 443 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: French Riviera
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1197
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I haven't checked this thread in a million years, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried the HE-400 with:
Shure 1540 alcantara pads (they seem popular for the HE-4)
Focus pads (saw the impressions like 10 pages ago, would like more impressions with non-EQ.)
Focus A pads
I think these impressions would be a great help, considering the great prices on the HE400 nowadays. I'll try and search back a few weeks for comparisons. I'm a two time owner of the HE-400, and used them 99% of the time with velours. I know it's strengths and weaknesses quite well, so I'm hoping to see if the newer pads have done anything in the way of reducing the treble.
I had many of the focuspads impressions, and I do not use EQ. I would highly recommend the focuspads. Comfort, better imaging (especially front and back), taming of the tizzy treble, more present mids (noticable in voices, guitars, other string instruments) etc. Really a big upgrade in my opinion. I have not tried the other pads, unfortunately. Best of luck to you :)
If I ever find myself getting the 400 again, I'll definitely be looking into these pads.
The way I read the 400i thread so far is... 400 has kick-ass audiophile bass and 400i is more a RELATIVELY nuanced and just a bit understated audiophile bass to the 400's kick.
I just wonder if the 400i will EQ to give the best of both cans....
Edited by Lohb - Yesterday at 11:24 pm
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Home-Made IEMs 6 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 15 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 10 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 11 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)