I got the Stock cable re-terminated for balanced output today. cost me way less than ordering a new cable. the stock cable is pretty ugly thou, but there really not designed for a fashion show anyways.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1183
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is, with a 6.35 attachment, which is what that looks like. Are you looking for the name of the cable? It really doesn't look any different then the stock cable, except terminated in 6.35 instead of 3.5
I bought my he-400 and I got this cable instead of the stock one. Not sure if I'm losing out or gaining anything.
This one terminates in a 1/4. I had to get an adaptor for 1/8. I think it may be the he-500 cable.
Ever get the feeling people really hate Canada when it comes to sales?
On a different note, got my X5 in today, and the how deep the bass reaches with an E12 on Radiohead's No Surprises is actually surprising. It's quite impressive. So umm... Huzzah!
Edited by Saoshyant - 7/29/14 at 6:25pm
Lol. Got the wrong cable with my used he-400. Got defective velour pads from head-direct. And couldn't buy the hd650 headband to do the mod.
Its OK I bought the beyer one instead. And head-direct is gonna send me a replacement pair.
I've had the HE-400 for a few weeks now. Best $249 I've spent on headphones. Before I got them, I was reading all the reviews about how great the bass was. I thought the bass was okay the first few days. But now, the bass is mind blowing good. Maybe I just had to adjust to the sound. I've never heard disclosure sound so good.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DSP tube amplifier? 30 seconds ago
- › JDS O2 blew an op-amp (pic inside). Question regarding replacement. 46 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 58 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-5LE w/ Blue Dragon 4pin XLR & extra pads 3 minutes ago
- › suggest me a bass headphone within under 70 $ 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for the amps that do it all! 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)