I got the Stock cable re-terminated for balanced output today. cost me way less than ordering a new cable. the stock cable is pretty ugly thou, but there really not designed for a fashion show anyways.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1183
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is, with a 6.35 attachment, which is what that looks like. Are you looking for the name of the cable? It really doesn't look any different then the stock cable, except terminated in 6.35 instead of 3.5
I bought my he-400 and I got this cable instead of the stock one. Not sure if I'm losing out or gaining anything.
This one terminates in a 1/4. I had to get an adaptor for 1/8. I think it may be the he-500 cable.
Ever get the feeling people really hate Canada when it comes to sales?
On a different note, got my X5 in today, and the how deep the bass reaches with an E12 on Radiohead's No Surprises is actually surprising. It's quite impressive. So umm... Huzzah!
Edited by Saoshyant - 7/29/14 at 6:25pm
Lol. Got the wrong cable with my used he-400. Got defective velour pads from head-direct. And couldn't buy the hd650 headband to do the mod.
Its OK I bought the beyer one instead. And head-direct is gonna send me a replacement pair.
I've had the HE-400 for a few weeks now. Best $249 I've spent on headphones. Before I got them, I was reading all the reviews about how great the bass was. I thought the bass was okay the first few days. But now, the bass is mind blowing good. Maybe I just had to adjust to the sound. I've never heard disclosure sound so good.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 1 second ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Pen-Fi (FPs, RBs, BPs, etc...) [56k Warning] 2 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80e As New 2 minutes ago
- › Astro mixamp pro + Senn 650's + ps4? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 5 minutes ago
- › Firestone Audio FUBAR IV Plus DAC/AMP Combo. NIB. 5 minutes ago
- › Help with my computer decision? 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)