I got the Stock cable re-terminated for balanced output today. cost me way less than ordering a new cable. the stock cable is pretty ugly thou, but there really not designed for a fashion show anyways.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 990 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productFiiO E17tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 10/31/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to decide: HE400, HE500, HD600 or HD650 + Fiio E17/Fiio E9K Last post on 12/9/13 at 4:35am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HE-500 and FiiO E17 Last post on 1/26/14 at 1:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Apple to Oranges HiFiMan HE-400, HiFiMan HE-500, or Denon AH-D600. What would you go with? Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a good $800~ budget setup. Last post on 2/11/14 at 7:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1183
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is, with a 6.35 attachment, which is what that looks like. Are you looking for the name of the cable? It really doesn't look any different then the stock cable, except terminated in 6.35 instead of 3.5
I bought my he-400 and I got this cable instead of the stock one. Not sure if I'm losing out or gaining anything.
This one terminates in a 1/4. I had to get an adaptor for 1/8. I think it may be the he-500 cable.
Ever get the feeling people really hate Canada when it comes to sales?
On a different note, got my X5 in today, and the how deep the bass reaches with an E12 on Radiohead's No Surprises is actually surprising. It's quite impressive. So umm... Huzzah!
Edited by Saoshyant - 7/29/14 at 6:25pm
Lol. Got the wrong cable with my used he-400. Got defective velour pads from head-direct. And couldn't buy the hd650 headband to do the mod.
Its OK I bought the beyer one instead. And head-direct is gonna send me a replacement pair.
I've had the HE-400 for a few weeks now. Best $249 I've spent on headphones. Before I got them, I was reading all the reviews about how great the bass was. I thought the bass was okay the first few days. But now, the bass is mind blowing good. Maybe I just had to adjust to the sound. I've never heard disclosure sound so good.
- **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Great headphones less than $800-$1200? 3 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 13 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 3 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)! 3 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)