Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1149

post #17221 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminhuypham View Post
 

I haven't heard the D2000, but I have the D600. The HE400 annihilates the D600 in may ways. The D600 sounds slightly "plastic" and a little sibilant to my ears. The comfort of D600 is top-notch, but I personally just can't live with them. I think D600 is really a bit downgraded to D2000. They now must be ended up for sale :( , so sad. 

 

The D600 is very poor compared to the Dx000 denons.

post #17222 of 18156

I tried HE400s today. I wasn't pretty impressed but I plugged them to my GS2 which has 49 ohms output impedance... Still my 70ohm HFI2400s sound kinda ok from GS2. I wish I could try them with better amp before buying...

 

Also I had EQ enabled in GS2 because for my IEMs and HE400 bass distorted right away I tried them so they respond to EQ pretty well? I disabled all sound effects and then sound was ok. I felt like bass was very strong compared to HFI2400s. Clarity and soundstage sounded kinda same to me.

post #17223 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasasd View Post
 

I tried HE400s today. I wasn't pretty impressed but I plugged them to my GS2 which has 49 ohms output impedance... Still my 70ohm HFI2400s sound kinda ok from GS2. I wish I could try them with better amp before buying...

 

Also I had EQ enabled in GS2 because for my IEMs and HE400 bass distorted right away I tried them so they respond to EQ pretty well? I disabled all sound effects and then sound was ok. I felt like bass was very strong compared to HFI2400s. Clarity and soundstage sounded kinda same to me.

You were or were not impressed? 

post #17224 of 18156

After all I was not but I think it all because crap GS2 headphone jack.

post #17225 of 18156

I finally received my HE400's today! I didnt expect them to be so large, but thankfully are quite comfortable. 

 

I am using it directly from my dx50 on high gain & 200 volume. The volume is enough but I'm not sure the power is enough? 

 

Also, I ordered velour pads along with them, but instead they shipped with another set of leather pads! What am i missing out on? 

post #17226 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by sragoowanshi View Post
 

I finally received my HE400's today! I didnt expect them to be so large, but thankfully are quite comfortable. 

 

I am using it directly from my dx50 on high gain & 200 volume. The volume is enough but I'm not sure the power is enough? 

 

Also, I ordered velour pads along with them, but instead they shipped with another set of leather pads! What am i missing out on? 

 

Not a lot mod the pleathers

post #17227 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasasd View Post

After all I was not but I think it all because crap GS2 headphone jack.
You need to listen with a proper amp.. Than make impressions.
post #17228 of 18156

Don't think amp is very important with HE400, even my sansa clip+ sounds decent with them. Probably because the HE400 (in my ppinion) sound mediocre with stock pads and no EQ, but excellent with with mods and EQ, I sound like a broken record so I will stop repeating myself.

post #17229 of 18156

Is there anything I can do to these that will increase the bass without totally trashing the sound stage? 

post #17230 of 18156
Sure there acceptable and better than a lot of other cans out there without an amp but your not going to be taking advantage of what the he400 has to offer with out some power this can't be . I've owned 3 different Sansa clips and for 20$ there awesome, and they sound better than an iPod but that's like comparing two different turds

If your going to be using the he400 on a handheld device what's even the point of owning them!?
It's like having a Ferrari and puting 87 octane gas in it. It's going to run like crap
You need around 700mw to 1w at least to get your money's worth out of an ortho phone.
post #17231 of 18156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

Is there anything I can do to these that will increase the bass without totally trashing the sound stage? 

Jergpad mod with bass vents. 

post #17232 of 18156

It looks like a risky operation. Would I NEED the black cloth that goes on the inside of the grills to be on? I bought a pair and the previous owner didn't send them along.

post #17233 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

If your going to be using the he400 on a handheld device what's even the point of owning them!?
It's like having a Ferrari and puting 87 octane gas in it. It's going to run like crap
You need around 700mw to 1w at least to get your money's worth out of an ortho phone.

 

I disagree, this can sounds really quite good out of an X3.  Yes, it could sound better with better amping, but its not the waste of time you're implying either.

post #17234 of 18156
Thread Starter 

I had the he400 on an e17 for almost a year and was quite happy with the results. 

post #17235 of 18156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Jergpad mod with bass vents. 

 

I wouldn't do the vent mod on the HE-400. Totally rolls off the sub-bass at the expense of a slight mid bass bump. Better off with EQ. Vent mod on the HE-500 is a.o.k though...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**