Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1141

post #17101 of 20391

Wow! Well that's good news for HiFiMAN. It looks like the HE-400i is even more efficient. I've don't own an iPhone or any other portable device. Too bad they leak so bad. In fact these are the loudest 'phones I've ever heard. I really do like them as I used AKG K702s for 4 years and these sound glorious in comparison. First non-dynamic headphones I've ever owned and I like 'em a lot! Takes some time to break 'em in. Went with a cable upgrade and that has really made a huge improvement.

post #17102 of 20391

The dragonfly sounds quite good, was really unsure about it when I was buying it but when I paired it up with the he-400 it was quite the upgrade from my little tube amp. It also works great with iems and really enjoyed it paired my phone as a portable player+dac/amp until I got a fiio x5.

post #17103 of 20391
does anyone know if the schiit asgard 2 is a big upgrade from the vali?
Edited by rudeboybass - 4/25/14 at 7:48pm
post #17104 of 20391
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismini View Post
 

Wow! Well that's good news for HiFiMAN. It looks like the HE-400i is even more efficient. I've don't own an iPhone or any other portable device. Too bad they leak so bad. In fact these are the loudest 'phones I've ever heard. I really do like them as I used AKG K702s for 4 years and these sound glorious in comparison. First non-dynamic headphones I've ever owned and I like 'em a lot! Takes some time to break 'em in. Went with a cable upgrade and that has really made a huge improvement.

What cable are you using now? and what sort of changes do you hear? I'm really curious :)

post #17105 of 20391
Yes a flexible, light construction and at least as good as the stock cable (costing max 50 $) cool.gif
post #17106 of 20391
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

does anyone know if the schiit asgard 2 is a big upgrade from the vali?

 

I would say no. There would be quite a few that would prefer the Vali over the A2. The Vali will have the tube flavor with a slight "wet tilt." The A2 I find has a pretty neutral signature, but I love it's flexibility with gain switch and pre-amp outs. 

 

Just depends on what you're looking for. 

post #17107 of 20391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeboybass View Post

does anyone know if the schiit asgard 2 is a big upgrade from the vali?

I would say no. There would be quite a few that would prefer the Vali over the A2. The Vali will have the tube flavor with a slight "wet tilt." The A2 I find has a pretty neutral signature, but I love it's flexibility with gain switch and pre-amp outs. 

Just depends on what you're looking for. 
I'm looking for tighter and more bass
post #17108 of 20391
Thread Starter 

The A2 would have the tightest bass IMO.

post #17109 of 20391
I like my schiit to be tight lol
post #17110 of 20391
By switching your amp with an other you can get a little more bass
but it won't change the he 400 bass presentation as much as you expect
post #17111 of 20391

Hey TontonJok, how does your HE-400 compare to your LCD 2.2?

post #17112 of 20391
Both are good and the signature is not that different

I prefer the audeze anytime but it is not worth 3 times the price imo
The lcd 2.2 shows more details, more textures with a little less bass
post #17113 of 20391
Quote:
Originally Posted by TontonJoK View Post

Both are good and the signature is not that different

I prefer the audeze anytime but it is not worth 3 times the price imo
The lcd 2.2 shows more details, more textures with a little less bass

Thanks! My 400's will be coming later today. I am very content with my 880's, but I want to hear some ortho's before I settle down for a while. 

post #17114 of 20391
Does anyone have experience with the Valhalla?
post #17115 of 20391
I think you'll like them biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**