Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1086

post #16276 of 19825

I am trying to salvage the pads on these, my pads split, I have a needle and some thread, anyone who has made jergpads using sewing how do you do it to these? Make a knot at one end then just sew them together? The pad has split down the seam and I just want to re-attach it.

post #16277 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post
 

 

 

 

. The Schiit Magni is a little cheaper, and looks better, but has some drawbacks

 

 

Just wondering what you think the drawbacks are on the Magni compared to the O2.

 

i hear that they are almost exactly the same. 

post #16278 of 19825

I cut a new piece of foam for my headband to fit a little better and I think look a little nicer. Really happy with this easy, cheap, and comfortable mod.

 

 

post #16279 of 19825

Having more than broken in these headphones.  Gotta say I am a big fan. 

 

I use these daily for a number of things including music (of course) and voip.

 

Good looks, fun sound, great value at $300. 


 

post #16280 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginron View Post
 

Just wondering what you think the drawbacks are on the Magni compared to the O2.

 

i hear that they are almost exactly the same. 

 

Mainly it's the fixed gain.  It severely limits your options in that you can't use any highly efficient headphones.

post #16281 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyD View Post
 

I cut a new piece of foam for my headband to fit a little better and I think look a little nicer. Really happy with this easy, cheap, and comfortable mod.

 

 

your earpads don't look like the standard earpads... is that audeze earpad mod?

post #16282 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Mainly it's the fixed gain.  It severely limits your options in that you can't use any highly efficient headphones.

Like iem's maybe?

Magni works great on all my grados which are pretty sensitive
post #16283 of 19825
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

your earpads don't look like the standard earpads... is that audeze earpad mod?

 

Those look more like hm5 pads.

post #16284 of 19825

My connectors are splitting :(

 

post #16285 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrolover View Post

My connectors are splitting frown.gif


Are they still under warranty?
post #16286 of 19825

I bought them used, it's highly unlikely..

post #16287 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrolover View Post
 

My connectors are splitting :(

 

I believe it. I own for the moment both the HE-400 and HE-500 and to be honest the only thing that feels built well on these headphones is the cans themselves. Everything else about them, from the cable and connectors to the headband and ear pads feels very sub par for the price they command. Literally the only thing carrying HiFiMan headphones is their sound. Luckily for them, thats what we care about most :)

post #16288 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

I am trying to salvage the pads on these, my pads split, I have a needle and some thread, anyone who has made jergpads using sewing how do you do it to these? Make a knot at one end then just sew them together? The pad has split down the seam and I just want to re-attach it.

 

Could you post a pic? I'd like to have a visual idea of where exactly it split, maybe I could be of some assistance.

post #16289 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyD View Post
 

I cut a new piece of foam for my headband to fit a little better and I think look a little nicer. Really happy with this easy, cheap, and comfortable mod.

 

 

 

Sweet looking mod, I can imagine that being really comfortable. 

 

I've been getting some discomfort on the top of my head while wearing my pair in recent weeks/months and this mod looks right up my alley. Where did you get the foam from and how did you attach it to the headband?

post #16290 of 19825
Quote:
Originally Posted by money4me247 View Post
 

your earpads don't look like the standard earpads... is that audeze earpad mod?

 

They are the J$ Beyerdynamic pads.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaver316 View Post
 

 

Sweet looking mod, I can imagine that being really comfortable. 

 

I've been getting some discomfort on the top of my head while wearing my pair in recent weeks/months and this mod looks right up my alley. Where did you get the foam from and how did you attach it to the headband?

 

It's just stick-on weatherstripping from Home Depot. Check out my first post about them.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**