or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 1001

post #15001 of 20471

This subject really ought to be a thread of it's own. (Maybe there already is) Best value, service, and no BS approach to the audiophile world thread. Although I doubt Head-Fi would be towards it since I take they have advertisements from other companies that may not make that list.

post #15002 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I'll add Mr. Speakers to that group, with tremendous service and incredible value for the dollar.

Absolutely, Dan is the man, great guy.

post #15003 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 

This subject really ought to be a thread of it's own. (Maybe there already is) Best value, service, and no BS approach to the audiophile world thread. Although I doubt Head-Fi would be towards it since I take they have advertisements from other companies that may not make that list.

Kingwa actually talked me out of upgrading one time, not many business people that would not just take your money.

post #15004 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

Kingwa actually talked me out of upgrading one time, not many business people that would not just take your money.

That's really cool. 

post #15005 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsgoodtome View Post
 



This is why when a company comes along and offers products at a MUCH lower price with the same if not better performance, it's nice to be able to support that company. Companies like Schiit, Audio-GD, HifiMan and the likes come to mind. Then you've got the absurd like Abyss headphones, LOL $1,000 cable, REALLY? Better be made of unicorn guts and shielding of a dragon's back.

Edit in bold

 

Yes I agree, I try to give these companies as much business as possible while avoiding the scummy ones. Its a shame that the average consumer does not even know about these brands because usually they would just get whichever is marketed best, for example Beats which are rubbish but have good marketing, which appeals to people of low intelligence levels lol.


Edited by nicholars - 12/7/13 at 3:29am
post #15006 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

 

Yes I agree, I try to give these companies as much business as possible while avoiding the scummy ones. Its a shame that the average consumer does not even know about these brands because usually they would just get whichever is marketed best, for example Beats which are rubbish but have good marketing, which appeals to people of low intelligence levels lol.

 

AGD is actually fairly popular on the forums. Currawong recently reviewed a unit favorably.

 

Dan can barely keep up and I cannot wish him more success, met him in person and he's good people with me. Jason rules, forever a Schiit fan.

post #15007 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

AGD is actually fairly popular on the forums. Currawong recently reviewed a unit favorably.

 

Dan can barely keep up and I cannot wish him more success, met him in person and he's good people with me. Jason rules, forever a Schiit fan.

 

What I meant is the sort of person that walks into the local shop and proceeds to buy Bose or Beats as they have seen adverts on the TV / celebrity endorsement, Marketing + low IQ target audience = big sales. haha.

post #15008 of 20471

So I've downgraded my setup, sold my HE-6, sold my Audio GD DI and Audio GD ES9018 DAC and 110wpc Yamaha speaker amp...

 

I purchased the HE-400 based on the black friday sale, and I'm looking to pair it with a new dac and amp. I'm looking at the Schiit Modi/Vali combo and the Aune T1

 

The things I loved about the HE-6 combo above was sound stage, instrument separation, and it was pretty fun, the things I hated, sibilance, sibilance, and harsh treble (to my ears, but I'm sensitive to sibilance), I loved how deep the bass was and the speed, but I wanted more impact (I might be a bit of a bass head). I'm looking for a tube setup for a change from solid state everything.

 

Schiit is a very well known company, and many have said great things about the Modi and Vali, however, some people have said they lean towards analytically sounding, and the amp may not have enough power to drive the HE-400 (someone mentioned it on the Vali thread), and no USB or RCA cables.

 

The Aune T1 seems to have very good reviews, but Aune at least to me is an unknown company, but even with an amperex 7308 Gold Pin tube upgrade it's the same price as the Modi/Vali combo shipped to me. It seems to have more power in the headphone camp, it's an AIO unit, and it comes with a USB cable at least...

 

Does anyone have any opinions to share?

post #15009 of 20471
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

AGD is actually fairly popular on the forums. Currawong recently reviewed a unit favorably.

 

Dan can barely keep up and I cannot wish him more success, met him in person and he's good people with me. Jason rules, forever a Schiit fan.

 

Chris...good to see you around these parts!! You owe me one Chipolte. :D

post #15010 of 20471

If you do not like sibilance and want to avoid EQ then I would recommend getting the smoothest possible amp (treble) for the HE400.... They should be reasonably easy to power so both of those amps should work, they work decently from my Xonar STX which is not very powerful. I would not recommend getting a bright or harsh amp to pair with the HE400 because that will not end well!

post #15011 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

 

Yes I agree, I try to give these companies as much business as possible while avoiding the scummy ones. Its a shame that the average consumer does not even know about these brands because usually they would just get whichever is marketed best, for example Beats which are rubbish but have good marketing, which appeals to people of low intelligence levels lol.

 

That´s the problem with marketing and "big names" you pay all advertising and no the product itself. Now days we have the opportunity to get more information in the Internet and places like this where people share thoughts and experiences just to get the best of it

post #15012 of 20471

Where should i go to contact Hifiman for a replacement cable? I emailed CustomerService@hifiman.com twice since monday, and still no answer.

post #15013 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthUnnamed View Post
 

Where should i go to contact Hifiman for a replacement cable? I emailed CustomerService@hifiman.com twice since monday, and still no answer.

You can buy the cable on the head direct website. Just put it in your shopping cart and order. No need to email anyone.

post #15014 of 20471
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbear View Post
 

You can buy the cable on the head direct website. Just put it in your shopping cart and order. No need to email anyone.

I was told i could get a free replacement cable if i ordered within the HE-400 warranty here last week

 

EDIT: If i wasn't clear, my current cable broke.

post #15015 of 20471
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**