or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 984

post #14746 of 20490

Ordered mine on Thursday from Amazon right before leaving for the airport.  It shipped last night and I just got it.  The power of prime.  Listening right now.

post #14747 of 20490
Prime is amazing. Too bad I didn't use it on the HE400. I did use prime for my HD600 though which I just got. I should get my HE400 Wednesday, along with my modi and vali smily_headphones1.gif
post #14748 of 20490

What price do dealers pay for the HE-400 when they order them from HifiMan?

 

I think HifiMan makes them for around $50-$70, dealers buy them for around $150-$200, and dealers normally sell them for $399.

post #14749 of 20490

God people are so impatient. There is NOTHING more annoying than reading people whining about shipping and a max of one or two days "lost"

post #14750 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post
 

God people are so impatient. There is NOTHING more annoying than reading people whining about shipping and a max of one or two days "lost"

 

Serious audiophiles hate waiting. It's a hobby that revolves around luxury. I know this on a day to day basis LOL and I completely empathize and understand.

post #14751 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

Serious audiophiles hate waiting. It's a hobby that revolves around luxury. I know this on a day to day basis LOL and I completely empathize and understand.

Saying "I will never do business with [company] again" due to a day or two lost in shipping is just crazy talk, though. Especially publicly like that.

post #14752 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post
 

God people are so impatient. There is NOTHING more annoying than reading people whining about shipping and a max of one or two days "lost"

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post
 

Saying "I will never do business with [company] again" due to a day or two lost in shipping is just crazy talk, though. Especially publicly like that.

 

 

You know what's more annoying than people whining? People whining about whining. You know what's more annoying than that? People whining about whiners and not having any idea what they're talking about.

 

The delay would have been WEEKS because they ran out of stock and had to re-order more. So, yes. I think most people would be upset if they ordered a product that was specified as in stock and then found out that they might have to wait 2 to receive it when they could have simply ordered it elsewhere and received it in a timely manner. Thank you for your great contributions to the discussion. Rather, thank you for whining about people who are whining and also for giving input when you don't know the situation.

 

I would like to add Justin was quick to reply when I got in contact with him and everything is fine.


Edited by Zalithian - 12/2/13 at 6:09pm
post #14753 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post

What price do dealers pay for the HE-400 when they order them from HifiMan?


I think HifiMan makes them for around $50-$70, dealers buy them for around $150-$200, and dealers normally sell them for $399.

More than that, but a $399 price is about $350 after free shipping and credit card fees
Edited by justin w. - 12/2/13 at 6:09pm

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #14754 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

Just called Justin on the phone. He said my order shipped and he will get the tracking info out soon. Excited to get them and share my impressions, + a comparison to the HD600.

 

sorry for the delay, yes i had the label printed 2 days ago. Unfortunately fedex doesn't send out tracking notifications until the item is scanned. i have been extremely busy and not had time to notify individual people. I had ordered 20 pairs of HE-400 for this sale so I had a total of about 45 in stock at the time. I thought that would be more than enough. I sold 150 pairs. I have already paid HiFiMAN for the rest that I need and will ship as soon as possible. I assume other dealers had the same problem!

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #14755 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post
 

 

sorry for the delay, yes i had the label printed 2 days ago. Unfortunately fedex doesn't send out tracking notifications until the item is scanned. i have been extremely busy and not had time to notify individual people. I had ordered 20 pairs of HE-400 for this sale so I had a total of about 45 in stock at the time. I thought that would be more than enough. I sold 150 pairs. I have already paid HiFiMAN for the rest that I need and will ship as soon as possible. I assume other dealers had the same problem!


Understandable. I know these have been hot sellers. The reason I was initially upset is because I was under the impression (due to not receiving shipping info by the end of the business day today) that I wouldn't be getting my order until after you got your new shipment.

post #14756 of 20490

I just ordered the lcd2s (because they had black friday pricing too). I freakin' love the he400s so much, and just am curious to see what's next. 

 

I've heard mixed reviews on the LCD coming from the he 400 - in that the LCD is less impactful and fun. So if it's not worth double the price of the he-400 i'll prolly end up returning it. Stand by for a review. 

 

I listen to mostly electronic music, but not the usual crappy trance/dubstep that most people think electronic music is... i.e. I like Nightmares on Wax, blockhead, amon tobin, burial, boards of canada, air, etc.. and i think that the timbral errors that i notice on the he-400 has will be hugely better on the lcd2 for artists such that i have listed. as they use a lot of natural instruments and vocals. 

post #14757 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

 

 

 

 

You know what's more annoying than people whining? People whining about whining. You know what's more annoying than that? People whining about whiners and not having any idea what they're talking about.

 

The delay would have been WEEKS because they ran out of stock and had to re-order more. So, yes. I think most people would be upset if they ordered a product that was specified as in stock and then found out that they might have to wait 2 to receive it when they could have simply ordered it elsewhere and received it in a timely manner. Thank you for your great contributions to the discussion. Rather, thank you for whining about people who are whining and also for giving input when you don't know the situation.

 

I would like to add Justin was quick to reply when I got in contact with him and everything is fine.

No offense intended to you, though it was clearly taken. I just don't think this is the place to complain about shipping. And your initial post suggested the delay was DAYS not WEEKS so CAPITAL LETTERS.

 

Enjoy your HE-400, mate.

post #14758 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post
 

No offense intended to you, though it was clearly taken. I just don't think this is the place to complain about shipping. And your initial post suggested the delay was DAYS not WEEKS so CAPITAL LETTERS.

 

Enjoy your HE-400, mate.


No problem. Misunderstandings happen. Once I get my HE-400's I hope I'll be able to offer some good impressions and comparisons. Hope more people will be able to share soon as well. :)

post #14759 of 20490
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogulmaster View Post
 

I just ordered the lcd2s (because they had black friday pricing too). I freakin' love the he400s so much, and just am curious to see what's next. 

 

I've heard mixed reviews on the LCD coming from the he 400 - in that the LCD is less impactful and fun. So if it's not worth double the price of the he-400 i'll prolly end up returning it. Stand by for a review. 

 

I listen to mostly electronic music, but not the usual crappy trance/dubstep that most people think electronic music is... i.e. I like Nightmares on Wax, blockhead, amon tobin, burial, boards of canada, air, etc.. and i think that the timbral errors that i notice on the he-400 has will be hugely better on the lcd2 for artists such that i have listed. as they use a lot of natural instruments and vocals. 


Please post your impressions! I will probably wait until Hifiman releases their next generation before I upgrade my HE-400, but the LCD2 is a possible contender as well. Yikes -- my wallet....

post #14760 of 20490

HE-400 doesn't really have more bass impact per say than the LCD2, but I think it definitely has more bass in general.  An upper mid-recession has a part in that effect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**