Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 977

post #14641 of 20258

edit: not the right place..


Edited by ninjames - 11/28/13 at 3:01pm
post #14642 of 20258

World Wide Stereo and HeadAmp have good return policies. Most, if not all, HifiMan dealers have a 15% restocking fee if returned. There's no way I'm going to order a product I've never heard and risk a 15% restocking free.

post #14643 of 20258
edit: meh  this isn't the place to discuss my bad shopping experience.
 
he-400 rules

Edited by ninjames - 11/28/13 at 3:01pm
post #14644 of 20258

Pulled the trigger on some for 299. First new cans in 2 years, I'm pumped!

post #14645 of 20258

I bit the bullet and $299 poorer now. 2nd cans in a month. This hobby is getting expensive.

post #14646 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2g2gan View Post
 

I bit the bullet and $299 poorer now. 2nd cans in a month. This hobby is getting expensive.

 

Quick, block this website in your hosts file!

post #14647 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalithian View Post
 

 

Quick, block this website in your hosts file!

Too late man! I'm addicted now.

post #14648 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan944 View Post
 

The HE-300 is on sale for $149. I just read a review on them from Innerfidelity or KenRockwell and they loved them.

 

I haven't even read the review.. Maybe I will.

 

I just can't bring myself to buy something in the HE-X00 series that isn't a planar magnetic. 

post #14649 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

another option would be possibly getting some foam and putting it over the drivers like on Beyerdynamics.

 

Started thinking the same. Did you try this or anything in that direction with noticeable result?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by catspaw View Post
 

I actually enjoy the Signature of the HE-400 with beyerdynamic pads.

 

The stock grey pads?

post #14650 of 20258

I am tempted by the $299 price for 400s. I have DT990 Premium 250 currently. I like them and they are quite comfortable with noticeable bass for open headphones. Would 400s be a worthy upgrade from 990s? 

 

I run through Magni/Modi stack/Foobar/FLAC/PC. Mostly listen to Rock/Heavy Metal/Progressive Metal

post #14651 of 20258

Depends on your taste in sound.  It'll definitely be warmer sounding.

post #14652 of 20258

Hi guys

 

I'm new to the HE-400.....about to order them and haven't got time to search at the mo ( going food shopping!) ......could someone tell me which pads I should order and link to the mods . This thread is massive

 

Thanks :)

post #14653 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

 

Started thinking the same. Did you try this or anything in that direction with noticeable result?

 

 

The stock grey pads?

Not sure if they are considered "Stock". Those are the DT990 Pads. They are tons better than pleather and velour from hifiman (they feel much better than any pads ive tried in my life to be frank).

 

The only negative part is that They need to be washed rather often (once each 4-6 months in my case, but in normal cases aroun 8 months i guess).

 

I actually plan to get 3-4 more pairs as soon as I get the HD 800 from sennheiser and some decent DAC (yep, this hobby gets you poor fast).

post #14654 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost&confused View Post
 

Hi guys

 

I'm new to the HE-400.....about to order them and haven't got time to search at the mo ( going food shopping!) ......could someone tell me which pads I should order and link to the mods . This thread is massive

 

Thanks :)

1x Replacement Pads EDT 990 V 926679

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/3090

 

In my case i did not need the foam pads, they came with the replacement pads, and i actually took them off after using them for a month or so.

post #14655 of 20258
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood View Post
 

I am tempted by the $299 price for 400s. I have DT990 Premium 250 currently. I like them and they are quite comfortable with noticeable bass for open headphones. Would 400s be a worthy upgrade from 990s? 

 

I run through Magni/Modi stack/Foobar/FLAC/PC. Mostly listen to Rock/Heavy Metal/Progressive Metal

 

In my opinion HE-400 is better pretty much in every way except soundstage. It works great for metal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**