Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** - Page 917

post #13741 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Thanks guys. Anyone with experience with Asgard 2 or Lyr for the HE-400 post your impressions please.

 

@ethan, your're killing me! If I could play along in that price range yes I would :biggrin: 

Edit: Price to Europe €602. That ain't horrible but still I frown upon.

 

Hmmmm just over £500... Not bad

post #13742 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

Thanks guys. Anyone with experience with Asgard 2 or Lyr for the HE-400 post your impressions please.

 

@ethan, your're killing me! If I could play along in that price range yes I would :biggrin: 

Edit: Price to Europe €602. That ain't horrible but still I frown upon.

Yeah, but you don't need a special amp.  HE400 + Lyr/Asgard...well, you're there or nearly there.

post #13743 of 20005

Things that make you go hmmm nicholars? ^^

post #13744 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post
 

Yeah, but you don't need a special amp.  HE400 + Lyr/Asgard...well, you're there or nearly there.

 

So if I get it right you're of the opinion both amps will do. I'm leaning towards Asgard ofcourse for it's price. According to Schitt ''guides'' they're both meant to drive planars.

post #13745 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriez View Post
 

 

So if I get it right you're of the opinion both amps will do. I'm leaning towards Asgard ofcourse for it's price. According to Schitt ''guides'' they're both meant to drive planars.

Oh sorry, I meant for the price of the 400 + one of those amps, you're nearly at the TH600 price.

 

I haven't heard the 400 with those amps, but I'm sure they'd sound great with it. They definitely have the necessary power. I'm personally a fan of tubes.

post #13746 of 20005

You don't need one of those amps for the HE400 though... But if I had £500 spare I would be interested in trying the TH600... Depends how much you are willing to spend.... TH600 probably has better treble, not sure about the rest of it as I have not heard them, although the D2000 which are Fostex headphones were very good and the TH600 are compared to the D7000.

post #13747 of 20005
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan7000 View Post

 

Oh sorry, I meant for the price of the 400 + one of those amps, you're nearly at the TH600 price.

 

Yeah sure, double murder me LOL! :D

post #13748 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

 

Something like this sounds good to me with electronic music.... I am a bit of a basshead.... That amount of treble EQ removes most of the tizz / sibilance and you do not lose much detail.  Change the amount of bass and treble depending how much you like... Also depending on the quality of the recording / mp3... I dont like sibilance...

 

 

Here is an even more EQ'd version for uber bass and smooth treble.... Might look like a lot but it's good if the recording is bad or the mp3 low bitrate.... The HE400 still sound brighter than something like HD650, even with this much EQ....

This is a good example of what I would call someone trying to "get a downward sloping line". :wink_face:

 

Seriously though, I would rather have a phone that errs on "bright", than one that is so polite it never gets rockin'. Ever been to a concert? Christ everytime I go to one I just want to beat the sound board guys. You can't hear the out of control treble dude? God bless the HE-400s slight attempt to be tame . . . it would be too much without that scoop!

post #13749 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

You don't need one of those amps for the HE400 though... But if I had £500 spare I would be interested in trying the TH600... Depends how much you are willing to spend.... TH600 probably has better treble, not sure about the rest of it as I have not heard them, although the D2000 which are Fostex headphones were very good and the TH600 are compared to the D7000.

 

Wild thoughts running through my mind. There's a shop not too far from where I live that sells the HE-400/500. I'll ask him for an auditioning meet before dropping coin on anything. Hopefully he can get his hand on a TH600 as well. Xmas is around the corner. But wait! Then there's the LCD2 hahaaaa

post #13750 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMateoHead View Post
 

This is a good example of what I would call someone trying to "get a downward sloping line". :wink_face:

 

Seriously though, I would rather have a phone that errs on "bright", than one that is so polite it never gets rockin'. Ever been to a concert? Christ everytime I go to one I just want to beat the sound board guys. You can't hear the out of control treble dude? God bless the HE-400s slight attempt to be tame . . . it would be too much without that scoop!

 

Everyone hears differently I guess.... To me the HE400 at default settings is far too sibilant and "tizzy" in the treble, literally hurts my ears..... maybe because you are listening to rock etc. I would rather use different headphones for those type of genres. Not sure what you mean about the "trying to get a downward sloping line" lol.

post #13751 of 20005

I've got good new and bad news guys

 

Good news. let a friend of mine listen to my HE 400 today :D 

 

Warning: Picutre (Click to show)

The Bad news...

 

she liked my w1000x more than the HE 400 :O [we listened to some Nirvana and Dub Step] AND while I did not use any eq, the pb1 has an upper mid boost to it

 

to quote " the [w1000x] sounds more natural... more clear" sadly though I can't disagree with her, non the less I still lik,e my HE 400 for EDM <3 still I'm a happy owner and I got another living soul to hear the HE 400 :D 

post #13752 of 20005

I've got good news too. I also have a W1000x and I gave it to my father as soon as I received the HE-400. :D

post #13753 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

I've got good news too. I also have a W1000x and I gave it to my father as soon as I received the HE-400. :D

 

Should have got some pink beats instead like on your pic. Damn they look cool.... Especially over a hat so you cannot hear the sound.

post #13754 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post
 

 

Should have got some pink beats instead like on your pic. Damn they look cool.... Especially over a hat so you cannot hear the sound.


That's a good thing for Beats :D

post #13755 of 20005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

to quote " the [w1000x] sounds more natural... more clear"

 

What about the low-end. How does it compare in these HP's?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread**